Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schools encouraged to adopt a hound

Still Waters

The Countryside Alliance has issued new advice packs to around 200 hunts with a number of suggestions on how to engage people with hunting.

The idea is to educate people about hunting with dogs so that they support a repeal of the hunting act, which is due to be voted on in Parliament.

The huntsmen, who look after the hounds, are being encouraged to promote the hunt within the community by forming a relationship with the local school.

http://www.telegraph...pt-a-hound.html

Strikes me as strange and unnecessary. Why so sudden?

I never got taught about training sniffer dogs in school.

Wonder if they will show them what the lovely dogs do to the fox?

This is something I find medieval that should stay in the past. It really says a lot about someones manhood who does this.. Riding around on a big horse wearing a stupid outfit while chasing a tiny fox... Can't they just buy sports cars and act like egotistical muppets without causing harm like most men with that problem.

I'm really disgusted by this if you can't tell.

I just reread the article and I always find it really pathetic that they call this a sport?!! What a stupid thing to class this barbaric 1 sided BS as.

Sports are supposed to be a challenging event, not bullying and torturing an innocent creature to death. (I know foxes can be a pest, but that's our fault, not theirs)

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 3

The article is sad but predictable. In the face of increasing opposition to "sport hunting" the hunting industry has set it sights on society's most credulous constituents; children. Gotta get 'em while they're young!

"A sport may be defined as a contest between two, or more, parties who test their normally equally matched skills. But there are no equally matched parties in bird shooting. What characterises killing for “sport” is the unequal nature of the encounter, as witnessed by the rate and ease of the kills. Against guns, birds have little chance to escape, and most don’t or, if they do, die of their wounds. There is no such thing as the “sport” of killing, only humans enjoying themselves at the expense of animal life and suffering. It deserves the greatest moral censure." - Andrew Linzey

http://www.oxfordani...rting-killings/

• Like 3

Just a thought... but maybe they should just focus on the three "R's" and some science... Leave the social engineering to others...

• Like 2

The Countryside Alliance has issued new advice packs to around 200 hunts with a number of suggestions on how to engage people with hunting.

The idea is to educate people about hunting with dogs so that they support a repeal of the hunting act, which is due to be voted on in Parliament.

The huntsmen, who look after the hounds, are being encouraged to promote the hunt within the community by forming a relationship with the local school.

http://www.telegraph...pt-a-hound.html

What a disgusting organisation.

Now looking at the long term... hmmm kids like doggies!

Kids also like rabbits and foxes and might not enjoy seeing them ripped to pieces.

Were I to write a list of what's wrong with humanity, "Blood Sports" would be right up there.

• Like 4

But there is an alternative to this appalling cruelty.

Don't let these sick animal abusers get the ban on hunting with dogs repealled.

If you want to see what fox hunting is really all about then simply do some googling.

Support the League against cruel sports if you want to oppose this odious cruelty.

http://www.league.org.uk/content/294/Hunting?gclid=CJK1-cH1sLMCFe7MtAodwScASw