Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most brutal killings of the ancient world

whitegandalf

Vlad the Impaler sat his victims on top of thick, sharpened wooden poles and they slowly slid down.

This isn't about getting even, however this post is *not* aimed directly at you.

Now, If the Pope is a Christian, why does he tell people to do the things Jesus told us not to do? He's been accused of molesting altar boys, which I don't believe Jesus would agree with. True Christianity isn't hypocritical.

This part of the most is aimed at you, because I love you to pieces: I'd love for you to experience God's love as it seems you haven't encountered God's presence before: the fe

eling of heavy, tangible, all-consuming, unconditional love. I came into contact with it at a Kingom Hall for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Evil people, cannot truly be Christian's, because their works are wicked, and go against God's very nature of loving kindness.

There is no middle-ground. One either is living for Good or living for Evil. It may not be obvious, but it's there.

I think I've made it clear. People who do wicked & evil things, cannot, by nature, be a Christian. They can be liar's and claim they're Christian, but thats it.

Also, It's not only unkind, disrespectful, and hurtful to insult, but it's also against forum rules, so next time, think before you decide to rip on Christian's. ^ ^

p.s. Before you try to note I'm insulting people with this post, I'm not. It is a seperate thing to tell a negative truth about somebody, than to flat-out try to insult someone.

Peace.

Erm... Where have I insulted anyone? And I have had a deep and meaningful relationship with God....or so I thought, I now believe it to be a psychological experience based on wishful thinking, hysteria and mind control.

That wasn't a true Christian, Bling.

And no true scotsman puts sugar in his porridge.

That wasn't a true Christian, Bling.

True Christian's actually listen to what Jesus mentions about loving your enemy, love thy neighbor, thou shalt not murder, and so on.

And for the record, the Pope isn't a Christian, either. He's blessed wars and told soldiers to kill people in the name of God.

Think, before you mock Christian's. The evil ones are not Christian, regardless of what they tell you.

Peace.

This isn't about getting even, however this post is *not* aimed directly at you.

Now, If the Pope is a Christian, why does he tell people to do the things Jesus told us not to do? He's been accused of molesting altar boys, which I don't believe Jesus would agree with. True Christianity isn't hypocritical.

This part of the most is aimed at you, because I love you to pieces: I'd love for you to experience God's love as it seems you haven't encountered God's presence before: the feeling of heavy, tangible, all-consuming, unconditional love. I came into contact with it at a Kingom Hall for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Evil people, cannot truly be Christian's, because their works are wicked, and go against God's very nature of loving kindness.

There is no middle-ground. One either is living for Good or living for Evil. It may not be obvious, but it's there.

I think I've made it clear. People who do wicked & evil things, cannot, by nature, be a Christian. They can be liar's and claim they're Christian, but thats it.

Also, It's not only unkind, disrespectful, and hurtful to insult, but it's also against forum rules, so next time, think before you decide to rip on Christian's. ^ ^

p.s. Before you try to note I'm insulting people with this post, I'm not. It is a seperate thing to tell a negative truth about somebody, than to flat-out try to insult someone.

Peace.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I've highlighted some of your post to let you see that I thought you were referring directly to me - you said my name! I don't want to discuss this with you anymore, I don't understand where your hostility is coming from! Peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there was the Chinese 'Death by a Thousand Cuts' where the 1000 mark was probably never reached. Also the boringly famous crucifixion in it's many variations.

But reall any wound that allows you to live for a few days is immensly painful.

This could be done with cane grass, lime grass or most wild grasses by whipping over again, enough to braise the skin but no massive blood loss, the real kicker would be the mental anguish of being tyed up with a million paper like cuts all over you in the elements and not being able to scratch.

For me the most brutal torture I can think of is the water drip I REALLY! don't go well with being still/bored/repeditivness. haha

On the other hand the punjab traps and snake pits are pretty horrid.

You could even go as far back as seafearers using unwanted staff or muntineed captains as bait for food tied to the boat with a little cut and dragged along as burley :)

• 3 years later...

Scaphism, also known as the boats, 

The intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within the interior space of two narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks) joined together one on top of the other with the head, hands and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey, and more honey would be poured on him to attract insects, with special attention devoted to the eyes, ears, mouth, face, genitals, and anus. In some cases, the executioner would mix milk and honey and pour that mixture all over the victim. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects which would eat and breed within the victim's exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous. The individual would lie naked, covered from head to toe in milk, honey, and his own feces. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that fatal dehydration or starvation did not occur. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation, and septic shock. 

most tortures almost seem merciful compared to scaphism 

Edited by the hooded man
fun

The human body is limited in its tolerance for pain before unconsciousness, so make the torture sound as horrible as you can, it is irrelevant.  I do have to wonder though about the fascination.

There are many stimulants you can give them to prevent unconsciousness.

Rat torture 

During the Dutch Revolt, Diederik Sonoy, an ally of William the Silent, is documented to have used a method where a pottery bowl filled with rats was placed open side down on the naked body of a prisoner. When hot charcoal was piled on the bowl, the rats would "gnaw into the very bowels of the victim" in an attempt to escape the heat.[3]Rat torture was also allegedly used in Chile during the regime of Augusto Pinochet (1973–1990)[4] and in Argentina during the period of the National Reorganization Process (1976–1983).[5] The report of CONADEP in Argentina detailed the use of a torture method known as "the recto-scope" (reserved primarily for Jewish prisoners) which consisted of inserting living rats into a victim's rectum or vagina through a tube.

Edited by the hooded man

for once I wont post a pic or gif  :wacko: 

I remember 2 of note , one physical, one psychological (then with a physical follow up ) 

The first was in 'The Dawnbreakers' about the Bab'i  uprising in Persia - heresy seems to attract the worst kind of torture  (apparently not believing in what I believe is bad but worse is believing what I believe but not in the same way I believe it . )   Anyway, they dipped their feet in boiling oil, skinned the bottom to the bone, hammered in horseshoes and flogged them to make them run down the street... in the horseshoes. 

The second comes from New Guinea  'The Supreme Insult'   ( in a highly totemic people with strong ancestor cults ) .  After years of feuding and fighting with the guys over in that other valley, you send them a message  ;Look, this is pointless, we are loosing people,  animals, got injuries, we could spend our time doing more important things, besides, the people that had the original quarrel  are all dead. We are sorry our ancestors killed your great grandfather  and ate him . We cant help that but we can apologize and offer restitution. Here have these pigs, and come around to our valley for a big free feast on friday night and we will feed all of you and give you more pigs, yams, tools  head dresses  for you to take home  to take home, The we can all live in peace and be  happy. 

And they do ... the feast is wonderful, everyone is friends again, the hosts insist they eat more and more .... did you like that food? tasty wasnt it?

Oh, by the way, you know how 3 generations back we killed and ate your great grandfather? Well, we didnt eat him, we preserved him all this time and cooked him up for tonight , tasty wasnt he .

Then attack and kill them .  

Not nasty enough strap them to a chair and make them watch seventeen hours of Gillian's Isle without commercial interruption.

• Like 2

No one expects ......     the chair  torture  . 

30ADFC2A00000578-3421938-image-m-14_1454

• Like 1

On 5/8/2016 at 3:43 PM, the hooded man said:

Scaphism, also known as the boats,

On 5/8/2016 at 4:06 PM, the hooded man said:

There are many stimulants you can give them to prevent unconsciousness.

Rat torture 

Welcome to UM,

You should always post your sources, even if it's Wiki (which can be more reliable and accurate than others).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_torture

But yes, plenty of brutal medieval torture techniques. Worth Googling if you're interested in this topic.

• Like 1