Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Being followed by something?

Saffeh

Alright, so this will probably be quite a long post.

Ever since I was younger, I had many experiences with ghosts. Even at a young age, I would be playing with my "imaginary friends" named Gretchen, Era, and Hangar. I do not remember them, but my mother always found it strange how I found those names when I was 3/4 years old.

As I got older, things got worse. I began seeing people/animals that weren't really there. Seeing shadows, white forms, etc. They would all disappear.

I began having nightmares, and as I got even older, I had an experience of Sleep Paralysis, and a few years ago, I began sleepwalking.

I also found out I was an empath a few years back, after seeing a psychologist, thinking I had bipolar, and he told me nothing was wrong with me. I spoke to my mother about it after realizing that they were not MY OWN emotions, and she told me that SHE is an empath as well.

So now I have worked on that gift alot, and am actually able to connect with people and so forth.

But my problem is: something is following me. I'm not sure if it's a spirit, demon, whatever.. but something's there and I don't know what to do about it.

It seems to be getting worse as the months go on. I sleepwalk almost every single night. I have horrible nightmares where everyone around me dies, or I kill people that I love. I talk in my sleep, sometimes wake up screaming. It's gotten to the point where I only sleep about 3 hours now, waking up every 10 minutes, feeling like something's watching me, sometimes feeling like something was TOUCHING me.. etc.

Then there's other strange things that happen as well. Like I'll walk by street lamps and they will turn off as I approach them. Today I got upset about something and 2 of the lights in my boyfriend's house burned out at the same time as I got angry and yelled.

Recently I've had cats following me as well. They show up at the window of my house, staring at me. They follow me down the street. They lye on the road as I drive my car RIGHT next to them, and they don't even flinch (not like normal cats..). The other day, I walked outside of my boyfriend's house and saw a cat get hit by a car. A week later, I got hit by a car. Creepy coincidence maybe.. but the cats are EVERYWHERE!!! Last night I was eating on my break at work, looked out the window, and there was a cat sitting there staring at me, watching me eat. My coworker went outside to feed it, and the second I followed, trying to pet it, it ran from me. They are cats of all different colors, but always adults.. never kittens.

I have also begun sleepwalking while awake recently. I'll be walking somewhere, fall asleep half way there, walk into something.. and have no idea what happened or why I did that.

I also have evil thoughts at times. Like when I was driving with my ferret in her cage, passed over a bridge, and something in my mind told me to throw her down and watch her drown. I actually started crying, because I could not imagine having such horrible thoughts. I love my ferret so much!

I see shadows/white figures/cats/etc all the time.. but they never seem to notice me or care that I'm there.. even if I try to talk to them.

But now everything seems to be getting worse and I'm scared.

My ex boyfriend always told me I was possessed, and he tried to perform an excersism on me once while I was sleeping, and I woke up ANGRY. I haven't been in a church in years, and every time I try to pray for myself, something bad seems to happen to me. I'm scared.

My boyfriend said his grandmother can ward off evil spirits with a chant, candles, and by putting a cross on me. This idea scares me.. but I don't know what to do anymore.

Please help me..

Holy fudge that would terrify me too!! Can i suggest a little thing that might help against spiritual attack or negative energies is visualising a white or blue light of protection around you-it might sound silly but i was recommended this sort of thing when i went to a seance a few weeks back-not wanting anything to attach itself to me etc. Have you tried talking alloud to this presence? Letting it know that you do not want it around? Sounds like your boyfriend can help you, good luck and dont be too afraid-that might give it more power, Not all of it could be related. Perhaps your just more sensitive to paranormal occurances

• Like 1

Can I suggest seeing a Doctor? ( People hate this advice )......

You are asking for advice and help on something that is most likely medical ( my opinion is ), and can hurt you, or hurt someone else, from strangers on a forum. And on a Paranormal forum at that. ( meaning biased towards " demons, etc. ). Does this make sense to you, or anyone for that matter?

You need to tell a Doctor exactly what you stated here, hell, print it off and take it to him / her. I promise you, a Doctor can help you for sure. Your description sounds like Schitzophrenia, or close to it, and I highly suggest you go see a Doctor. If Doctors and Psychologists ( Doctors ) can not help you, then go ahead and seek help from arm chair experts.

Medical issues are a known and proven, and a thing that can be fixed....

Demons, possessions, ghosts, shadow people, etc..... Those are blind faith belief with no evidence to support being real.

Also, Exorcisms have killed / hurt people, many people, stay away from idiots like that. There are hundreds of documented deaths and injuries from people trying to exorcise " demons " from people.....Deaths caused by the Exorcists / Priests, etc.....

All of the above if you are telling the truth that is......

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 4

Thanks for your reply.

No, I have not tried talking aloud to it. I was too scared. Plus I was unsure what to talk to.. the cats? Shadows? Street lamps? I have not tried picturing a blue light around me either. I will try that next time something strange occurs. I'm just completely unsure of what to do at the moment.. and everything seems to be getting worse!

Thats okay- I know what its like when people think your making stuff up, or going crazy, the next thing you start wondering is maybe i am crazy? Just talk to the people who genuinly want to help-and not ttell you its all in your head, unless there is a chance it might be? Do you have a family history of anything else etc??But the truth i guess is that there are things out there that the human mind fails or refuses to see-and probably for a good reason!! If i saw things like that it would mess with my mind and every day life!! But i cant offer any other advice other than to talk to a professional about( a medium who might be able to shed some light on the sitch)-but a trustworthy one. Well i believe you, and really hope it gets sorted soon for you.

Before I begin I agree with Sakari in that it would be wise to seek mental health medical attention (even though you already spoke with a psychologist you should at least get a second opinion & be totally honest about the homicidal dreams & thoughts) as you may be suffering from a serious mental illness. The thought of wanting to hurt/kill an animal and/or people isn't something to be taken lightly. Thoughts like that can grow into action over time.

With that said, approaching things from a supernatural point of view I'll offer my 2cents (assuming what you are experiencing is real).

Ever since I was younger, I had many experiences with ghosts. Even at a young age, I would be playing with my "imaginary friends" named Gretchen, Era, and Hangar. I do not remember them, but my mother always found it strange how I found those names when I was 3/4 years old.
This is a common occurance as young children are more sensitive to the paranormal. IMO most 'imaginary friends' are entities and as we grow up we 'learn' to keep our focus in 'reality' not 'fantasy' so we lose the ability to see beyond.
As I got older, things got worse. I began seeing people/animals that weren't really there. Seeing shadows, white forms, etc. They would all disappear.
Often times people think that things are 'worse' when they begin experiencing these things. It's normal to be scared of the unknown but you don't have to be. Unless these entities are malignant, they are trying to get your attention either to help you along your spiritual journey, warn you of something or they may just want acknowledgement.
I began having nightmares, and as I got even older, I had an experience of Sleep Paralysis, and a few years ago, I began sleepwalking.

This is something to be concerned about. I would recommend smudging yourself each night before you go to bed, buy some moonstone & rose quartz to put under your pillow and call out/pray to your spirit guide/guardian angel to watch over you while you sleep. You can also hang a lead crystal prism over your bed. Also a good idea to hang a hand made dream catcher in the window closest to your bed. You can also smudge your entire bedroom, chanting love & light, then put a protective ring of salt around your bed. You can also pray, annointing your bedposts with olive oil.

(smudging is a native american tradition of cleansing & warding off evil spirits. You need to purchase a smudge stick, light it on fire, then gently use your hands to wash the smoke over your body)

I also found out I was an empath a few years back, after seeing a psychologist, thinking I had bipolar, and he told me nothing was wrong with me. I spoke to my mother about it after realizing that they were not MY OWN emotions, and she told me that SHE is an empath as well.

So now I have worked on that gift alot, and am actually able to connect with people and so forth.

I'm an empath as well. I've found that the best way to 'shed' the negative emotions of others is to smudge, listen to tribal/positive music & get in touch with the creative artistic side I never knew I had.

But my problem is: something is following me. I'm not sure if it's a spirit, demon, whatever.. but something's there and I don't know what to do about it.
Google paranormal investigaters in your area. Often times they will do a visit for free just to be able to get some footage & if they know what they're doing, they'll be able to tell you what it is.
It seems to be getting worse as the months go on. I sleepwalk almost every single night. I have horrible nightmares where everyone around me dies, or I kill people that I love. I talk in my sleep, sometimes wake up screaming. It's gotten to the point where I only sleep about 3 hours now, waking up every 10 minutes, feeling like something's watching me, sometimes feeling like something was TOUCHING me.. etc.
This has me the most concerned. This is what you need to find medical attention for. They have medications that will take away your nightmares (prosasin). Also schitzophrenia can be brought on by sleep deprivation. In the meantime I would recommend doing what I posted above but be sure you do it with the intention of peace, love & a calm mind.
Then there's other strange things that happen as well. Like I'll walk by street lamps and they will turn off as I approach them. Today I got upset about something and 2 of the lights in my boyfriend's house burned out at the same time as I got angry and yelled.
One of my X's was able to do things like that. My theory is a buildup of energy that ends up short circuiting electronics. Does this happen when you're feeling a certain emotion very strongly? This is something I have no advice for but have always found fascinating. Maybe you have too much bottled energy and need to find a means to release it?
Recently I've had cats following me as well. They show up at the window of my house, staring at me. They follow me down the street. They lye on the road as I drive my car RIGHT next to them, and they don't even flinch (not like normal cats..). The other day, I walked outside of my boyfriend's house and saw a cat get hit by a car. A week later, I got hit by a car. Creepy coincidence maybe.. but the cats are EVERYWHERE!!! Last night I was eating on my break at work, looked out the window, and there was a cat sitting there staring at me, watching me eat. My coworker went outside to feed it, and the second I followed, trying to pet it, it ran from me. They are cats of all different colors, but always adults.. never kittens.

I think you should get excited about this. Sounds to me like the cat may be your spirit guide. You can read more about spirits guides here:

http://spiritwalkmin...m/spirit_guides

http://spiritwalkministry.com/spirit_guides/land_animal_spirits (scroll down to the cat section)

http://www.wildspeak.com/totems/cat.html

Just a few snippets of the last page to give you an idea of why I believe the cat is your spirit guide:

"How's your sleep going? This is one of the first things that cat asks you to address. Are you getting enough? Are you making time to get enough? Is it restful? Look at ways to improve upon your sleeping patterns, and don't be afraid to take an increased number of short cat-naps."

"A cat's intuition is well-developed, and there are even stories and folk-tales that claim a cat's ability to sense magic, ghosts and other aspects of the paranormal. When cat is around, it is important to learn how to listen to your intuition, and intuitive experiences (such as those relating to ritual, spirituality, divination etc.)"

"As cat tends to indicate healing journeys, cat also indicates all forms of therapy; from psychology, to gentle exercises like tai-chi, to massage therapies, and all alternative therapies. Any therapy system which treats the mind, body and spirit as a whole will be of immense benefit, and can trigger great changes at this time." (this may be why you're experiencing that electronic phenomina)

I would start talking to cat and listening to what it has to say. You probably won't hear an audible voice but thoughts will begin popping into your head. Thoughts that are about your spiritual journey. You'll learn your purpose, what you're meant to do & how to achieve it. (though a word of caution, if you hear voices telling you to harm yourself or another living creature seek medical help IMMEDIATELY)

I have also begun sleepwalking while awake recently. I'll be walking somewhere, fall asleep half way there, walk into something.. and have no idea what happened or why I did that.

You may want to talk to your doctor or seek out a medical forum or website that can offer advice for sleep walking.

I also have evil thoughts at times. Like when I was driving with my ferret in her cage, passed over a bridge, and something in my mind told me to throw her down and watch her drown. I actually started crying, because I could not imagine having such horrible thoughts. I love my ferret so much!
This is another thing that concerns me. I would reevaluate the type of music, shows, reading material you participate in. What you feed your mind is what you become. If you already fill your senses with positive things then I would definitely seek medical attention in regards to this as well as smudge yourself every day. Focus on positive/uplifting thoughts.
I see shadows/white figures/cats/etc all the time.. but they never seem to notice me or care that I'm there.. even if I try to talk to them.
If they don't care or notice you then it shouldn't be a problem. There is no reason to be fearful until an entity begins to act aggressive toward you.
But now everything seems to be getting worse and I'm scared.

My ex boyfriend always told me I was possessed, and he tried to perform an excersism on me once while I was sleeping, and I woke up ANGRY. I haven't been in a church in years, and every time I try to pray for myself, something bad seems to happen to me. I'm scared.

My boyfriend said his grandmother can ward off evil spirits with a chant, candles, and by putting a cross on me. This idea scares me.. but I don't know what to do anymore.

Like it has been mentioned, exorcisms can kill so I do not recommend going through one. I don't think you're possessed. You might have woke up angry from a poor night's sleep (as you said, you've been having trouble sleeping).

Call out to your spirit guide. Ask for protection, ask for knowledge, understanding & wisdom. It's there to guide you but you must be open & willing to receive the lessons it has to teach. Also, spirit guides LOOOOOVE gifts, especially food! So I would recommend smudging outside, facing east & offering a small piece of raw meat. You can gently toss it eastward or bury it, either one works.

Good luck! Let me know how things go. Sending good vibes your way. <3

-AP

-edited to fix a web link-

Edited by AshenPhoenix
  • Like 2

Can I suggest seeing a Doctor? ( People hate this advice )......

You are asking for advice and help on something that is most likely medical ( my opinion is ), and can hurt you, or hurt someone else, from strangers on a forum. And on a Paranormal forum at that. ( meaning biased towards " demons, etc. ). Does this make sense to you, or anyone for that matter?

You need to tell a Doctor exactly what you stated here, hell, print it off and take it to him / her. I promise you, a Doctor can help you for sure. Your description sounds like Schitzophrenia, or close to it, and I highly suggest you go see a Doctor. If Doctors and Psychologists ( Doctors ) can not help you, then go ahead and seek help from arm chair experts.

Medical issues are a known and proven, and a thing that can be fixed....

Demons, possessions, ghosts, shadow people, etc..... Those are blind faith belief with no evidence to support being real.

Also, Exorcisms have killed / hurt people, many people, stay away from idiots like that. There are hundreds of documented deaths and injuries from people trying to exorcise " demons " from people.....Deaths caused by the Exorcists / Priests, etc.....

All of the above if you are telling the truth that is......

If you do go to a doctor, be careful and way all your options. Many psychologist would be quick to call what you are experiencing schizophrenia and put you on medication that could ultimately mess up your life. You have spiritual experiences so you know that there is more to it than a mental thing. I am not dissuading the doctor idea, it is not a bad one, but if it were me I would need one that understands the spiritual side as well, there are some out there... I don't think your boyfriends mom would hurt you with an exorcism. Look up cases where people get hurt or killed from an exorcism and find out WHY that happened. I doubt if your boyfriends mom is a loving and caring person she would KILL you. I had my house exorcised by my ex-boyfriends mom and it was successful (even though he was the one who brought the spirits into my house - lol.). I never had a bodily exorcism or have known anyone who has had one, so I cannot give you advice on that, but I do not believe it is impossible. I had an exorcism of sorts, it was not performed by another person but by the spirit of God, it was sudden and unexpected and nothing I asked for, but when it happened I visually saw about 30 demons get destroyed in my home. I experienced some of the things like you, the ghosts, poltergeist, the nightmares, the negative thoughts that I know did not come from me etc. After the spontaneous exorcism all of that stuff stopped.... It has been 12 years now, I have been nightmare free, ghost free, etc.... all is well. Sometimes I still get negative thoughts, and truthfully I have been getting paranoid about supernatural things again, probably from checking in to this website... smh... but the intense 'haunting' stuff is ALL gone! So when I see posts like these I always recommend going to God... He has the best answer for you, and the power to do something about it.

Good luck and be blessed!

If you do go to a doctor, be careful and way all your options. Many psychologist would be quick to call what you are experiencing schizophrenia and put you on medication that could ultimately mess up your life. You have spiritual experiences so you know that there is more to it than a mental thing. I am not dissuading the doctor idea, it is not a bad one, but if it were me I would need one that understands the spiritual side as well, there are some out there... I don't think your boyfriends mom would hurt you with an exorcism. Look up cases where people get hurt or killed from an exorcism and find out WHY that happened. I doubt if your boyfriends mom is a loving and caring person she would KILL you. I had my house exorcised by my ex-boyfriends mom and it was successful (even though he was the one who brought the spirits into my house - lol.). I never had a bodily exorcism or have known anyone who has had one, so I cannot give you advice on that, but I do not believe it is impossible. I had an exorcism of sorts, it was not performed by another person but by the spirit of God, it was sudden and unexpected and nothing I asked for, but when it happened I visually saw about 30 demons get destroyed in my home. I experienced some of the things like you, the ghosts, poltergeist, the nightmares, the negative thoughts that I know did not come from me etc. After the spontaneous exorcism all of that stuff stopped.... It has been 12 years now, I have been nightmare free, ghost free, etc.... all is well. Sometimes I still get negative thoughts, and truthfully I have been getting paranoid about supernatural things again, probably from checking in to this website... smh... but the intense 'haunting' stuff is ALL gone! So when I see posts like these I always recommend going to God... He has the best answer for you, and the power to do something about it.

Good luck and be blessed!

How many years of College does it take to become a Psychologist?

Answer :

In order to become a licensed clinical psychologist, you need an undergraduate degree (4 to 5 years of college) plus a doctorate degree in psychology (4 to 7 years of graduate school). For this specialty area, most people will spend between 8 to 12 years in a higher education setting.

How many years does it take to become a " expert " on possessions / demons / gosts, etc. ?

Answer : 0 ( zero ) ..... Just a keyboard, internet access, and someone who will listen.

You have thoughts of hurting animals. The things you describe are a HUGE red flag to see a professional. ( you say you have, but I doubt you told them what you claim here, otherwise I doubt you would be here, or you would be getting help from them and would mention that )

For anyone to urge someone not to listen to a Doctor is beyond me, and foolish. Sure, check credentials, but 8 to 12 years of advanced schooling is a lot of education, and would make them experts.

I have no issues if people want to discuss paranormal, although when it comes to topics like this, with someone having obvious concerns / issues ( that can effect others also ) I think it is very wrong to point anywhere other then medical first. Once that avenue has been traveled ( honestly by the OP ) then fine, say what you wish. I would venture to say, anyone with these types of issues, that is seriously seeing a Doctor, would not be on a paranormal site looking for alternate answers. This would defeat any sessions they are having, and would only make matters worse.

If you are having issues as you say ( especially hurting or killing animals / people for no purpose other then to kill ) you need to get off of here and see a professional.

I am surprised a mod has not commented on this....Thoughts of killing people and animals is a severe issue if you ask me.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Agreed, the best person to consult would be your doctor or other qualified professional - an internet forum is not the place to be asking for advice on this. It is vitally important to rule out all possible medical causes for what you are experiencing before you even begin exploring paranormal interpretations.

On that basis I'm going to close this thread down - here's wishing you the very best.

Closed.

• Like 3