Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jack the Ripper: Sickert & The Art of Murder

Jackdaw

My pleasure. Its nice to see some logic applied to the mystery of the Rippers identity. thumbsup.gif

Dot grin2.gif

[attachmentid=6671]Maybe the time has come for yet another image of Sickert's Secret.

Many of my critics say that Jacky boy often wore a "deerstalker" hat whilst carrying out his murderous deeds. As such I offer the attached image which is yet again extracted from ENNUI. (Examine the picture on the wall within the portrait). May I add that during the Ripper's reign of terror, a female torso was discovered within the foundations of Scotland Yard! HA HA as Jack would often say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next image I send will be from another Sickert masterpiece. In fact it is owned by none other than Patricia Cornwell.

Regards

Jackdaw

post-10432-1097882328.jpg

Very interesting pic. I see what you are pointing out. Any chance we can see the whole picture with the same items highlighted?

Dot original.gif

I will try. However it may have to be ENNUI in colour as my black & white photo of the portrait I have used during my research and it has been much defaced as you can see by the images I have posted. (I obtained my copy of the portrait out of Cornwell's book and then used a magnifying lens to detect the images! That is how I know there are many more secrets to be revealed!)

I will attempt to post an image of ENNUI with the relevant sections of the portrait

highlighted- ie:where the images are that I have already displayed. However before I do so I still have a "deerstalker image" to post from another of Sickert's works. As promised in my previous post.

Stay tuned.

Regards

Jackdaw

The Royal conspiracy theme. Shall we take a look at it and see if it eliminates Sickert as being a suspect/being involved.

Prince Albert Victor or Prince Eddy as he was commonly known. The favourite grandson of Queen Victoria. Sent out into the big city in order to become worldly wise. Who was his chaperon? None other than Walter Sickert. The painter showed the prince the wilder side of life and introduced him to Annie Elizabeth Crook, a shop assistant. They had an affair. The result of which was a child by the name of Alice Margaret Crook born in 1885. Several prostitutes knew of the affair and attempted to blackmail the government. One of whom being Mary Kelly who became the child's nanny and often modelled for Sickert. Enter Sir Gull, John Netley etc etc or so they say who then apparently murdered those involved.

Annie Crook was put in a mental institution where Gull performed sadistic operations upon her in efforts to erase her memory. She died in 1920. The child,Alice, escaped with the help of Kelly.

Alice eventually became a woman and guess what! She became Sickert's mistress.

Very strange. Some say he even married her. One such person being Joseph Sickert, their love child/son.

I believe Sickert's conscience drove him to secrete images of Jacky boy's deeds within his art in efforts to ease his guilt/remorse. ENNUI is in my opinion a testament to the same. I often wonder if the female portrayed is in fact Alice in deep thought. Thinking about her Mother and yet trapped by her past

Very interesting. Why do you think that there is so much "mainstream" resistance to consider Sickertt as a viable suspect?

btw I haven't picked up that magnifying glass yet but I will. I also need to find the hard cover copy of Patricia Cornwells book:tongue.gif

Sorry if I missed it somewhere but, what is the name of Patricia Cornwell's book?

Dear Raydon,

The book in question is called " Jack the Ripper - Portrait of a Killer - Case Closed " by Patricia Cornwell.

Regards

Jackdaw

Thank You Jackdaw!

I'm going to pick up a copy original.gif

Dear Raydon. If you are going to buy the book then may I suggest that you also treat yourself to a quality magnifying lens. Within the book there is a photo picture of the portrait ENNUI. It is displayed in black & white. Use the lens well and you will see the images I have revealed.

( Personally, I would prefer those interested to either beg, steal or borrow the book. The publisher's coffers are already overflowing! I myself borrowed the large hardback copy of the book for my research)

Edited by Jackdaw

With regard to Daughter of the Nine Moons question I offer the following.

Why is there resistance to Sickert being a suspect?

My own view is that a female (Patricia Cornwell) has attempted to prove Sickert's guilt/involvement in the mystery. Investigating Jack the Ripper seems to be a male kind of thing. Just take a look at the books that are published, the websites, the experts etc etc. The odds were stacked against Cornwell. As time goes by however opinion will change and Sickert will come to the fore. (Of that I am certain!)

Additionally the world will not allow this case to be solved. Tell me what would all the Ripperologists, Film producers, Publishers, Authors, Media, Art critics, Criminologists, Historians, Tour firms/guides (of the Whitechapel area ) etc etc do for a living if Jacky boy was exposed. Mystery = Money.

Jackdaw that makes a lot of sense. Also important to note is that Patricia Cornwall has a background in crime scene investigating. She used modern techniques to investigate the granddaddy of all cold cases. This included a type of DNA test with a sample taken from Ripper evidence and a sample taken from a relative of Sickert. The test came back inconclusive. Interestingly enough there is a fingerprint of the Ripper available, however there is none of Walter Sickert.

Dot original.gif

The following is for amusement only. Or is it? You decide!

A Tale of J-acronym the Ripper

" Do you think Jack the Ripper was male or female? "

" He was a sexually frustrated man"

" Who says? "

" Mary Anne Nicholls equals MAN

" Did he leave us any clues? "

" No. Only victims. Stride,Chapman,Kelly,Eddowes,Tabram which equals SCKET. I believe there R others. "

" How will you find them? "

" Of that I am uncertain. However, the Art of Murder can often leave a signature "

Edited by Jackdaw

Has anyone seen the details regarding the Diary of James Maybrick or what ?!!

No. I am happy to say that I haven't. Mind you I don't often read " fiction."

However, can you explain to me how he managed to write such a book in a type of ink that has been dated after he died?

Additionally, when one leaves this world and enters the next does one suddenly develop a new style of handwriting? (Apparently one must, as the fantasy endorsed in the diary does not match Maybrick's handwriting. ie on his last will and testament, his marriage licence/certificate).

Thanks Jackdaw original.gif I appreciate your reply & information. I wasn't sure if the ink tests were conclusive but I will take your word for it until something else leads me to believe otherwise. I did learn that his handwriting did change dramatically in his last years due to a growing & insatiable addiction to arsenic. But hay its all good, I am pleased to say I am learning from this thread & enjoying the pics & posts here. Keep it up Jacdaw thumbsup.gif

The following is for amusement only. Or is it? You decide!

A Tale of J-acronym the Ripper 

" Do you think Jack the Ripper was male or female? "

" He was a sexually frustrated man"

" Who says? "

" Mary Anne Nicholls equals MAN

" Did he leave us any clues? "

" No. Only victims. Stride,Chapman,Kelly,Eddowes,Tabram which equals SCKET. I  believe there R others. "

" How will you find them? "

" Of that I am uncertain. However, the Art of Murder can often leave a signature "

333582[/snapback]

Cool

Before I submit the next instalment of Sickert's Secrets I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank all the staff / controllers and moderators connected with the Unexplained Mysteries Site. Many thanks for allowing me to air my views, opinions and images. Although they are totally original, ( Not even Patricia Cornwell herself knows of their existence. If nothing else I must have increased her book sales! ) by my own admission they are at times unconventional.

My next posts will concern a couple of the victms. Before I do so and in order to set the scene may I add that Sickert often wore a red neckerchief.The type that a Parisian artist or a sailor would wear.

Shortly before her death in Mitre Square, Catherine Eddowes was seen in the company of a man who was wearing a red neckerchief. She appeared to be pushing him away but did not seem too upset by his attentions. Moments later she was dead. Her body was savagely mutilated which included the tip of her nose being cut off. Amongst her injuries were deep cuts to each cheek. Both in the shape of a vee.

Some so called Ripperologists ( Ha Ha ) believe that the murderer inscribed his initial and that in doing so he left the letter M.

If truth be told two vees make a doubleyoo: VV. Please correct me if I speak out of turn but doesn't Walter begin with W.

Soon I will be revealing another image secreted in the painter's works. The half face of a man wearing a red neckerchief.

This guy Sickert sounds pretty bizarre ?!! JD can you tell some more about this wacko like why wasn't he suspected or was he ? what happened to him etc.

I must admit....I don't see it in the paintaing huh.gif I think it would take a great deal of stretching the thin line between fact and supposition to conclude that the shapes apparantly being found in those pics are actually what they're supposed to be...

296140[/snapback]

Same here. I see nothing other than some pink string.

Firstly, in reply to Dazdillinjah's post. Dear Daz, in time and with the aid of this forum, I hope to "paint" the full picture re Sickert's Secrets. Please be patient.

Secondly, may I return to another of Jacky boy's victims- Mary Kelly. We have already discussed Catherine Eddowes and the red neckerchief.

Kelly was a pretty girl who apparently modelled for Sickert.

Shortly before her death she was seen in the company of a man who offered her a red handkerchief/neckerchief. She took the item and the pair were last seen entering her lodgings/room.

Subsequently Kelly was murdered. I will not expand on her wounds or her suffering except to say the poor girl was "butchered".

Despite my obvious interest in the Whitechapel Murders one facet of the case continues to puzzle me. It would appear that although the victims had come face to face with the Devil himself, not one of them screamed out. Which is of course the normal human reaction when one is in fear for one's life. The Ripper was stalking the streets for prey and yet some of the victims were prepared to venture down darkened alleyways with a supposed stranger in order to perform sexual acts.

The above observations often lead me to believe that the victims were at ease in the company of Jack and had no idea of the hell that was about to be unleashed.

Despite the horrific pictures of Kelly sprawled out on the bed I cannot help but

consider that she may have been posing/modelling prior to death. If so. Who for?