Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Going through security at th airport

markdohle

I was going through baggage security at the airport about five years ago. We all know how stress free that is. So I took off my shoes my belt, got my personal computer open, suitcase on the belt and went through. As I was waiting for my bag, I kept hearing someone screaming at me "Sir!!!!!!!" "Sir!!!!!".....after about five times I looked up and she was glaring at me. She told me that I had a...

aerosol in my bag....is it shaving cream she asked.

I looked down at my beard and then back up at her and said "Do I look like I shave?".

Bad move, she lowered her head and glared at me, I could almost see her horns growing....so I gave my best smile, put up my hands stepped back and said: "Hey sorry, only joking". Which of course I wasn’t…. I forgot that aerosol cans are now considered a deadly weapon on planes. So I got through, got to work on my sarcasm....could get me in trouble.

Is it really worth all the hassle to fly anymore unless you have to.

• Like 1

Is it really worth all the hassle to fly anymore unless you have to.

Well depends how long the trip is. I drive more now.

peace

mark

I was going through baggage security at the airport about five years ago. We all know how stress free that is. So I took off my shoes my belt, got my personal computer open, suitcase on the belt and went through. As I was waiting for my bag, I kept hearing someone screaming at me "Sir!!!!!!!" "Sir!!!!!".....after about five times I looked up and she was glaring at me. She told me that I had a...

aerosol in my bag....is it shaving cream she asked.

I looked down at my beard and then back up at her and said "Do I look like I shave?".

Bad move, she lowered her head and glared at me, I could almost see her horns growing....so I gave my best smile, put up my hands stepped back and said: "Hey sorry, only joking". Which of course I wasn’t…. I forgot that aerosol cans are now considered a deadly weapon on planes. So I got through, got to work on my sarcasm....could get me in trouble.

Hahaha, were you by any chance in a CA airport? My mom's a TSA molester, so in some sick way I Love hearing these stories. This is just my personal belief but I think for one thing, every religion, whether it be Islam, Christianity, Judaism, or anything else, has their radicals and extremists. If it were me I think it could be a good idea to go with an approach where we keep FAMs on the planes and reduce this search and x-ray business in all the lines so that it's existent but not such an imposition. A while back I had taken a flight from Venezuela to LAx, which is the big international airport in CA, and from LAx I was on my way to catching a flight back to San Diego where I lived at the time. Well, I had several bags of (legal) herbs, like you'd use for cooking and spiritual matters and such but that are damn near impossible to get in the states, and security dumped each and every one of them, then quite nearly strip searched me. Personally I think maybe someone should even start their own system where people can buy their ticket and knowingly opt out of the searches at their own risk, call it 'terrorist airlines' for all I care. Ever heard of the saying "looking is free, but touching's gonna cost ya"? I can't be giving free sneak-peeks, or else sooner or later every federal department's going to want their eye-full!. Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread, I'm just saying...

• Like 1

Hahaha, were you by any chance in a CA airport? My mom's a TSA molester, so in some sick way I Love hearing these stories. This is just my personal belief but I think for one thing, every religion, whether it be Islam, Christianity, Judaism, or anything else, has their radicals and extremists. If it were me I think it could be a good idea to go with an approach where we keep FAMs on the planes and reduce this search and x-ray business in all the lines so that it's existent but not such an imposition. A while back I had taken a flight from Venezuela to LAx, which is the big international airport in CA, and from LAx I was on my way to catching a flight back to San Diego where I lived at the time. Well, I had several bags of (legal) herbs, like you'd use for cooking and spiritual matters and such but that are damn near impossible to get in the states, and security dumped each and every one of them, then quite nearly strip searched me. Personally I think maybe someone should even start their own system where people can buy their ticket and knowingly opt out of the searches at their own risk, call it 'terrorist airlines' for all I care. Ever heard of the saying "looking is free, but touching's gonna cost ya"? I can't be giving free sneak-peeks, or else sooner or later every federal department's going to want their eye-full!. Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread, I'm just saying...

Good idea. I am making a long trip on the 1st and decided to drive. I am getting to old for all the nonsense.....however for really long trips, I will still fly. I would not want your mom's job for anything...it is tough on both sides. If you made your proposal it would be interesting to see who would take the chance.

Peace

mark

Good idea. I am making a long trip on the 1st and decided to drive. I am getting to old for all the nonsense.....however for really long trips, I will still fly. I would not want your mom's job for anything...it is tough on both sides. If you made your proposal it would be interesting to see who would take the chance.

Peace

mark

Hm, I think I've been inspired...

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, I think I've been inspired...

I am back, nice drive, relaxing.....glad I inspired you LOL.

peace

mark

no country is as bad as the USA for airport security.. they go way too far.. its a joke..

Yeah and I fear a lot of it is just window dressing.

Peace

mark