Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The family who have made a home in a cemetery

Still Waters

Would you be brave enough to spend Halloween sleeping in a cemetery?

For one family, this former mortuary chapel surrounded by crumbling headstones and eerie gargoyles is home 365 days of the year.

Unperturbed by its spooky statues and proximity to ancient graves, Jayne Stead and her partner Mike Blatchford fell in love with the one-time cemetery keeper's lodge in Southampton, and set about turning it into a home for themselves and their three children.

http://www.dailymail...e-cemetery.html

• Like 1

When I first read the topic I was like .... here we go , some goths have got real estate :w00t: .

But after reading the story , the family that have the property are very normal and the job the have done restoring the property is fantastic .

A little spooky I guess but cool :tu:

TiP.

• Like 3

Each to their own. It would be fun for a few days to try to get a picture of ghost or orbs but would want a permanent residence there.

• Like 1

Quietest neighbors you'd ever have :tu:

• Like 3

What a beautiful house, but no way could I live in it.

• Like 1

They definitely made it feel like a house on the inside,really nice!.

• Like 1

Thjat is a neat and cool idea. But is is cold and damp in the winter months. I would live there. Work on cleaning the cemetery up and restoring the headstones

• Like 1

Great job they've done. :)

I doubt they'll be smiling though when the dog starts bringing bones into the house.

• Like 1

Would you be brave enough to spend Halloween sleeping in a cemetery?

For one family, this former mortuary chapel surrounded by crumbling headstones and eerie gargoyles is home 365 days of the year.

Unperturbed by its spooky statues and proximity to ancient graves, Jayne Stead and her partner Mike Blatchford fell in love with the one-time cemetery keeper's lodge in Southampton, and set about turning it into a home for themselves and their three children.

http://www.dailymail...e-cemetery.html

In fact, many years ago I wanted to buy a chapel near a centuries old graveyard in Delft, the Netherlands.

But I didn't get the necessary permission.

• Like 1

I'd love this place! I would love more than anything to live in a converted home. I'm all about living somewhere unusual. LOL Last week there was an article on Yahoo! about homes being built from shipping storage containers. I was salivating over them, but they're way out of my price range. My price range is more like a cardboard box. *sigh*

• Like 1

For the right price, I'd live there.