Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1917 tale recounts ancient 'Skyman' legend

Saru

More evidence (albeit anecdotal) that we were probably visited by alien being in our past.

Maybe the story is just their interpretation of a strange guy being evaporated by lightning/ball lightning.

Duh, of course they were aliens, the Bible even mentions them, heck they followed the "low moving star" to Bethlehem where Jesus was born. C'mon, we all know they followed a UFO, stars don't move like that!

Duh, of course they were aliens, the Bible even mentions them, heck they followed the "low moving star" to Bethlehem where Jesus was born. C'mon, we all know they followed a UFO, stars don't move like that!

I hope you're joking?

Maybe the story is just their interpretation of a strange guy being evaporated by lightning/ball lightning.

NO+YOU+HAVE+THE+WRONG+NUMBER+SORRY+_6ceb9d36d6ce6445e3e75a27bca94f49.png

Right so he knew up front that in next 2 days the lighting will strike him...? And they are talking about star... they knew what lighting was at the time...

• 1 month later...

Maybe Time Traveler from the future. Nothing mentioned about a little grey alien. Just a man.

• Like 1

Alternatively, as it's GOD we're talking about, him moving a star to say "hey, look here!" is well within his ability.

I really don't understand why people have to look at the Bible and say "nah, that's impossible/unproven, must be this unproven thing instead!" rather then "that's impossible, it didn't happen at all".

I really dig the idea of time travel being a good possiblity for some of these stories.

• Like 1

I do wonder what these people all around the world really did see, there are pretty strange cases out there that much is certain.

Of course, they were just primitives, and didn't know everything there is to know, as we do today . . .

You are wrong, we don't know everything

Alternatively, as it's GOD we're talking about, him moving a star to say "hey, look here!" is well within his ability.

I really don't understand why people have to look at the Bible and say "nah, that's impossible/unproven, must be this unproven thing instead!" rather then "that's impossible, it didn't happen at all".

I know right

• 1 month later...

So the question remains, did they actually see UFOs, and just compare them to objects with which they would have been more familiar, interpreted in the common religious and supernatural terms of their era?

Or are we dealing with some very strange phenomenon that can manifest itself in many different ways, as Jacques Vallee thought?

As far as these old sightings are concerned, we will probably never know any more than we do now. After all, this was a time before the Scientific Revolution, before mass communications and modern technology, when the majority of people could not even read or write. History back then was recorded by the educated few, and of course there was nothing like modern journalism at the time, with its 24/7 news cycle.

I've just been reading through this thread, MacG, and there are quite a few similar stories about sky objects, particularly over North America. The one I'm particularly thinking of is the cigar shaped phenomenon of the late 1890's. Such as the Aurora incident of 1897.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Aurora.html

Excellent post by Saru. It seems more and more cases of close encounters and UFOs that pre-date the Modern era in Ufology (1947) are surfacing.

[media=]http://youtu.be/bMMS3u6JEK0[/media]

Towards the end of this YouTube video (23:37) it states that beings were observed in Ilkley Moor, UK during the 19th Century way before the famous "The Ilkley Moor Alien" sighting and controversial photograph.

Edited by topsecretresearch