Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family Abilities

Rickety

So today I got a welcome sense of comfort from my mother. I have always been able to hear voices that sound like they're coming from a distance, they usually get louder in certain places, like when we lived in a house that was built on an Indian Burial groun the voices were very loud and usually woke me up at night. Now that we live in an area that is not so active, the voices are much quieter and more distant. Today I had a conversation with my mother, it came up because the school she teaches at was experiencing some paranormal activity today, after another teacher said a prayer, they stopped. After she told me the story we got into a discussion about the paranormal, the first serious discussion I've had on the subject with my mother in my life. She told me that she also hears the voices and that they sound the exact same to her that they do to me. She went on to explain that she also had other psychic abilities that I have, such as seeing entities, feelings of uneasiness when entities are present, hearing the voices and general things like that.

It might not be very important to you, but to me it was a very welcome relief to know that I'm not the only one in my family who experiences these things lol that now I have someone who can epathize about the things I experience. I am the first person she's ever told about her psychic abilities and she is the first one in the family that I have told, apart from my sister, who has very faint psychic abilities, but not to the magnitude of my mother and I. I just thought I'd share this with some people, it felt really good to have my mother be the one to empathize with me and know what it's like when my father says I'm crazy when I talk about these things. Thanks for your time lol I know this doesn't really hold too much for a forum, but I found it to be important to me and I wanted to share it.

It also helped me in the fact that now I know that I'm not just some freak of nature, she went on to say that her mother, aunts and uncles talked about things they had experienced, so it seems to be hereditary and that makes me feel a little more comfortable.

• Like 1

I wonder why your mother didn't speak to you before now about this? Especially as your dad has been calling you 'crazy' when you've mentioned it.

Hi AS,

Most of us never speak about these things to other people. In my view, we are wise to speak about every subject in a way that respects the views of others. There was an old saying when I grew up to avoid subjects of discussion about politics and religion. Any subject of discussion can upset another person these days.

The more that you actually listen to what others speak about, the wiser you will be about these things.

John

It must have felt great to have the conversation with your mother, and to share your experiences with someone who understands, and to learn you're not crazy, just a little bit different. For me, once I realized I wasn't crazy, I just played with it a lot and had fun doing it. Now I consider it just another tool in the tool box.

good for you.. must be a nice feeling.. like a weight has ben lifted..

my family just thinks im a weirdo.. which is fine..