Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Watching a horror film burns 200 calories

Bling

A new study has revealed that watching scary movies can burn up to 200 calories a sitting. The adrenaline rushes that viewers experience during a 90-minute horror film are believed to use up the same amount of energy as is contained within a bar of chocolate.

http://www.digitalsp...0-calories.html

The top ten calorie-burning horror films are as follows:

1. The Shining: 184 calories
  2. Jaws: 161 calories
  3. The Exorcist: 158 calories
  4. Alien: 152 calories
  5. Saw: 133 calories
  6. A Nightmare on Elm Street: 118 calories
  7. Paranormal Activity: 111 calories
  8. The Blair Witch Project: 107 calories
  9. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 105 calories
  10. [Rec]: 101 calories

character0114.gif

• Like 3

So I can have my chocolate while watching.

• Like 2

I'm heading to Family Video so I can start my diet! That would seriously be the most fun workout I've ever done!

• Like 1

The only thing is nobody experiences adrenaline rushes when watching horror films anymore. Reason being that most of us have become desensitized and don't feel that same rush we did as youngster's.

Study was ultimately pointless.

Edited by Insaniac
  • Like 2

The only thing is nobody experiences adrenaline rushes when watching horror films anymore. Reason being that most of us have become desensitized and don't feel that same rush we did as youngster's.

got south park season 11?

watch the episode pandemic: the startling -with- directors commentary..

Trey and Matt are about to give you an insight into what's happening here..

• Like 1

got south park season 11? Watch the episode pandemic: the startling -with- directors commentary..

Trey and Matt are about to give you an insight into what's happening here..

Cheer's. I'll have to give it a shot. Haven't watched South Park in a long time.

• Like 2

just made my girlfriend watch all 3 paranormal activites in a row. had to get her caught up in order to watch the forth. so what thats like 333 calories!!! nice!

• Like 2

I call BS, if this is the case, I should be the size of Bruce Lee by now... :no:

• Like 3

Watching the election ads burn 10,000 calories for me, in disgust. Even still, I just mailed my ballot. :passifier:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

how many calories burned watching a horrible movie? should be more, just as a consolation.

Yeah, with my anxiety disorder, horror movies I'm sure burn more than 200 calories.

• Like 1

I should be as anorexic as Angelina Jolie.

• Like 3

how many calories burned watching a horrible movie? should be more, just as a consolation.

Watching a horrible movie, it wouldn't be consolation it'd be more like constip..... nevermind. :whistle:

• Like 2

I just want to enjoy my scary movie without thinking about calories... Intake or burn because I'll never give up my theater pop corn! Never! :D

• Like 1

Wrong. I always watch tv all day and night while eating! I always watch horror movies all the time and still eating! I am fat duh! Every nutritionist and health department are full of lies and fakes because they don't know wtf they talking about!

• Like 3