Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deeply Religious Man Crushed by Crucifix

libstaK

NEWBURGH, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – David Jimenez believed his devotion to a crucifix was responsible for his wife being cured of cancer. Well, the crucifix fell on him, crushing one of his legs.

And as CBS 2’s John Slattery reported Friday, the leg had to be amputated.

Jimenez sees tragic irony in losing his leg to a crucifix he had prayed to. The crucifix had been outside the Church of St. Patrick in Newburgh. For months, the 45-year-old pizza worker would stop and pray at the crucifix, that his wife would be cured of ovarian cancer. And she was....

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/26/deeply-religious-newburgh-man-crushed-by-falling-crucifix-loses-leg/?hpt=us_bn7

.... The church’s pastor told CBS 2’s Slattery by phone that parishioners collected food and some $7,000 for the Jimenez family, but Kitson said the insurance company for the archdiocese has been less than forthcoming. So, the injured man is suing.

Jimenez, who believes in the power of prayer, is now praying for a judgment, not from a higher authority, but from a civil court.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TrueBeliever

• Insaniac

• Mnemonix

• Bling

Popular Days

I assumed he was crushed to death from reading the title.

I wonder if someone will tell him he was crushed because he wasn't praying enough?

Edited by Mnemonix

I assumed he was crushed to death from reading the title.

that was what I assumed also.....glad he's alive, but what an ordeal!

• Like 2

Here's to hoping the Lord heals his injured leg. God bless this man that he may glorify you.

Like TrueBeliever and Mnemonix, I thought by the title, the man had been put to death by the crucifix. Luckily not so.

So he believes that a miracle occurred because he prayed to a cross - an "act of God" so to speak. But when the same cross falls on him he gets a lawyer? AFTER the church members helped his family in their darkest hour? I can see some validity in it - especially if poor maintenance caused the failure but...the man seems like an ingrate to me.

He gave his leg for her cancer.

An eye for an eye?

Ouch.