Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Varginha Brazil ET: A Hoax Exposed

Still Waters

In 1996 the UFO community was reeling from the news that two extraterrestrial beings had been captured in Varginha, in southwest Minas Gerais state in Brazil. Spotted by three girls, the creature was later captured by the Brazilian Army, with assistance from the local police. The being was autopsied at a major hospital in Varghina and it was determined to be a creature that was unknown to science.

Though names of individuals and institutions were given in support of this event, a decade and a half later it can now be revealed that the entire “Varginha ET” affair was a hoax based on child hysteria and on the sightings of the deformed.

http://bragalia.blog...ax-exposed.html

In 1996 the UFO community was reeling from the news that two extraterrestrial beings had been captured in Varginha, in southwest Minas Gerais state in Brazil. Spotted by three girls, the creature was later captured by the Brazilian Army, with assistance from the local police. The being was autopsied at a major hospital in Varghina and it was determined to be a creature that was unknown to science.

Though names of individuals and institutions were given in support of this event, a decade and a half later it can now be revealed that the entire “Varginha ET” affair was a hoax based on child hysteria and on the sightings of the deformed.

http://bragalia.blog...ax-exposed.html

Nah. Too many witnesses. Despite any intellectually and politically motivated report, it always in the end comes down to witnesses.

Nah. Too many witnesses.

:lol: No surprice there.

I cant wait for the day (if it ever comes) when we dont have to choose what to believe in this matter.

• Like 1

I have never studied this particular case in any detail, although this is the first time I have heard of this doctor or the alleged "autopsy" he performed on an ET. All I can recall about the case was that the military took the supposed aliens away to an unknown location.

:lol: No surprice there.

I cant wait for the day (if it ever comes) when we dont have to choose what to believe in this matter.

When that happens I can promise you it won't happen in your favour.

I have never studied this particular case in any detail, although this is the first time I have heard of this doctor or the alleged "autopsy" he performed on an ET. All I can recall about the case was that the military took the supposed aliens away to an unknown location.

Exactly. Why didn't they reveal these so called dwarves?

I was no fan of Chasing UFO's the series but that testimony by those three ladies was compelling. Look no further for the truth of that case.

When that happens I can promise you it won't happen in your favour.

Having known Hazz for some time now I can tell you that all he wants is the truth, no matter if it's ET or not. Whatever the answer might be as long as it's verifiable and provable it will be in Hazz's (everybody's, actually) favor. You however have shown that you don't want the truth, you only want ET and it has severely limited your vision on this subject.

• Like 2

Having known Hazz for some time now I can tell you that all he wants is the truth, no matter if it's ET or not. Whatever the answer might be as long as it's verifiable and provable it will be in Hazz's (everybody's, actually) favor. You however have shown that you don't want the truth, you only want ET and it has severely limited your vision on this subject.

The truth is the truth no matter what view one puts upon it.

• Like 1

Exactly. Why didn't they reveal these so called dwarves?

I was no fan of Chasing UFO's the series but that testimony by those three ladies was compelling. Look no further for the truth of that case.

I'd have to read Portuguese to really go into this case, and although I can read Spanish pretty well I tend to miss things in Portuguese so I just have to rely on translations to deal with the Brazilian cases.

I never even knew that this pathologist the article refers to was ever in the picture at all as far as this case is concerned. Maybe he was and I never heard of it, but his name didn't ring a bell with me at all.

I'd have to read Portuguese to really go into this case, and although I can read Spanish pretty well I tend to miss things in Portuguese so I just have to rely on translations to deal with the Brazilian cases.

I never even knew that this pathologist the article refers to was ever in the picture at all as far as this case is concerned. Maybe he was and I never heard of it, but his name didn't ring a bell with me at all.

So how did they explain away the rapid death of the military guy who suffered rapid collapse of his immune system I wonder? The report from the nurse at the hospital, the lady at the zoo? Far too many witnesses on this one. Worth watching a doc on this one MacG it's a cracker.

k2hauo.jpg

* groans *

So lame.

This 'hoax exposed' is as pathetic as the Socorro one a few months back.

I doubt Skeptics will care that its ridiculous and implausible though: they're the least discerning amongst us when it comes to accepting data - any data - that reinforces the dark, status quo cage of concrete reality that they desperately want us all to go on living in.

• Like 3

k2hauo.jpg

* groans *

So lame.

I doubt Skeptics will care that its ridiculous and implausible though: they're the least discerning amongst us when it comes to accepting data - any data - that reinforces the dark, status quo cage of concrete reality that they desperately want us all to go on living in.

Agreed; the best part about Chasing UFO's for me was the interview in Varginha with the 3 ladies. Not Jame's Fox's tears but their testimony. They have stuck with their story after all these years.

• Like 1

k2hauo.jpg

* groans *

So lame.

Well that just show how pathetic your attitude is. Broad brush everyone because you are too lazy to listen to everyone. In fact I am finding the majority of believers to be bloody lazy. Broad Brush statements, generalisations, and yet the second a critical thinker offers a prosaic explanation, the believer suddenly becomes interested in details.

It was a stupid comment because it is completely wrong. I'd like to proclaims myself as one of the stronger "skeptics" as you like to put it, and I did not go for the Sorroco explanation. To my experience, Anthony Bragalia is very loose with his facts. I cannot say I believe aliens landed, but I cannot say this is the answer to the conundrum either. That Lier was involved does not do the ET angle any favours either.

Now if this is so off the wall, what is the big red flag? Why is this explanation implausible? Where do you see the problem?

• Like 2

Now if this is so off the wall, what is the big red flag? Why is this explanation implausible? Where do you see the problem?

The whole blog post is just froth and nonsense.

Read it again.

There's no information of substance there. No 'hoax' has been exposed.

Well that just show how pathetic your attitude is. Broad brush everyone because you are too lazy to listen to everyone. In fact I am finding the majority of believers to be bloody lazy. Broad Brush statements, generalisations, and yet the second a critical thinker offers a prosaic explanation, the believer suddenly becomes interested in details.

It was a stupid comment because it is completely wrong. I'd like to proclaims myself as one of the stronger "skeptics" as you like to put it, and I did not go for the Sorroco explanation. To my experience, Anthony Bragalia is very loose with his facts. I cannot say I believe aliens landed, but I cannot say this is the answer to the conundrum either. That Lier was involved does not do the ET angle any favours either.

Here is the clip containing the testimonies from the guy that saw the UFO and the girls (Valquiria, Katia and Liliana) who saw the creature. Their description is very specific and they described it has having three toes and strange bright red eyes.

The military activity in the woods is also described. Soldiers carrying canvas bags one with something moving inside, the other containing something but not moving. One of the soldiers died shortly afterwards. The military denied he was not involved in the operation but his sister testifies that he was.

The incident at the zoo is described where a woman made another sighting of a similar creature. Her namme is Donna Terezinha Clepf and her testimony is also very clear. The description of the eyes is consistent with that of the three girls. Strangely a number of animals at the zoo died.

Two nurses and a doctor are alleged to have seen the creature in the hospital where is was later removed by the military. There testimony unfortunately is not on record. The reason apparently is because they were threatened as were the fireman involved.

Another woman was bribed to silence with money. Her testimony is on record. Her name is Luisia Helena da Silva.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8nH0pgCZg&feature=related[/media]

Zoser's Conclusion

We are fortunate to have a number of first hand witness testimonies here in this clip who either testify to seeing the craft or the creature itself. A number of other witnesses were involved however these allegedly have either been threatened or bribed into silence. We also have the death of a young military officer that has never been satisfactorily explained.

This single clip represents the best evidence in this entire case. This clip refutes any subsequent report into the case and should be watched before any conclusion is drawn.

Edited by zoser

The whole blog post is just froth and nonsense.

Read it again.

There's no information of substance there. No 'hoax' has been exposed.

From the link:

The supposed ET autopsy doctor, a Brazilian policeman and an original girl “witness” now weigh in on what really happened at Varginha.

How are the actual people involved considered "Froth and nonsense"?

The only pathetic one I see here is you pal

I guess I will just have to accept that evaluation, as I consider you an expert ;)

Zoser's Conclusion

We are fortunate to have a number of first hand witness testimonies here in this clip who either testify to seeing the craft or the creature itself. A number of other witnesses were involved however these allegedly have either been threatened or bribed into silence. We also have the death of a young military officer that has never been satisfactorily explained.

This single clip represents the best evidence in this entire case. This clip refutes any subsequent report into the case and should be watched before any conclusion is drawn.

What's up with the Youtube Zoser?

Did you get this from the link?

The supposed ET autopsy doctor, a Brazilian policeman and an original girl “witness” now weigh in on what really happened at Varginha.

How does that affect the witness count?

The key witnesses are in the video clip I posted above. In particular the three ladies have never changed their story and were interviewed by James Fox and the team on one of the episodes of Chasing UFO's. This was one of the more interesting parts of the series because it dealt with eyewitness testimony.

Their combined testimonies have stood the test of time. They has never been refuted. Any subsequent report or blog is only likely to be a politically motivated cover up in some way and therefore represents a corruption of the truth.

The above video clip does make it clear that certain people involved in the case were threatened or bribed with money. That must cast a huge doubt on the testimony of these people if they were ever forthcoming.

The above clip represents the truth as far as it can be established because it was recorded a little nearer to the time of the incident by people who as far as one can tell were not threatened or bribed.

Edited by zoser

No the above video was uploaded three years ago, and I suspect it is a year or two older than that.

No the above video was uploaded three years ago, and I suspect it is a year or two older than that.

What, Mr Bragalias article? No it was written a few days ago. Look at the link.

Again, the testimonies have changed, one direct witness has entirely recanted.

It has since been learned that one of the original girl witnesses to the creature (who has now married with a new name which will be withheld) has since converted to an evangelical religion and now dismissed the entire incident as youthful folly.

The doctor who allegedly performed the autopsy when the military brought whatever to the hospital also refuses the ET angle

"Dear Mr. Aurimas:

I am very glad to know that you have a university education and particularly from Kaunas University of Technology. Therefore it is easier to be quite frank.

When I read an article either in magazines or in books published without the bearing of a scientific outlook, I must first know who are the authors and the reliability of their given information.

Unfortunately, all of the information about the Varginha ET involving my name, are the fruits of fantasyauthors and do not deserve any respect from me because they are liars.

And the police suspected a local person to begin with:

In discussions with Lt. Col. Finholdt Pereira of the Varginha Police, it was learned that this is in fact who the police originally believed the three girls thought that they saw as an “ET.”

I dunno Zoser. It looks like people are not following through to me. Easy to get a scare in your youth.

Ok, I read the title wrong of this topic......

• Like 5

Ok, I read the title wrong of this topic......

:w00t:

What, Mr Bragalias article? No it was written a few days ago. Look at the link.

Again, the testimonies have changed, one direct witness has entirely recanted.

The doctor who allegedly performed the autopsy when the military brought whatever to the hospital also refuses the ET angle

And the police suspected a local person to begin with:

I dunno Zoser. It looks like people are not following through to me. Easy to get a scare in your youth.

Psyche you haven't listened to me or watched the video clip on the case. I'm a little disappointed that again you have cherry picked the information instead of reviewing the testimonies from years ago and putting it together for yourself.

Just one more time:

The medical professionals, police, military, fireman never were on record having given testimonies. I have watched various video clips on this case and read lots of material over the years and never have I come across a first hand testimony from them.

There is a reason for this as the investigators into the case years ago (and that's important) soon found out; they were bribed or threatened. My posts make all this very clear.

The only first eyewitness testimonies I have seen are from the three girls, the lady at the zoo and the people who saw the craft. Their testimonies to my knowledge have remained consistent.

1) So one has to ask; what testimonies are the police, doctors etc recanting? they never gave them in the first place.

2) Why come forward after all these years and say it was all a fuss about nothing? What prompted that?

3) The case stands on the eyewitness testimonies and this is all in the above clip.

This supposed new blog, or release of information is exactly like the Roswell release 5 years ago or so; to take pressure off the authorities after all the demands for disclosure.

So unless someone can prove that the testimonies in the video clip (and there are lots if them) are false, the new information should be regarded with a high degree of suspicion.

That's my adding up of the case.

Edited by zoser