Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Flat-Earthers Being Serious?

Still Waters

I saw a map of the earth, it was flat, so yes the earth is flat..

I just want to belong to a new society lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Keep up the 'good' work./were you making 'devil horns' in your avatar?

Was I tossing up the horns? No, no, much less ridiculous, I'm holding a wand.

Well, might be the same ones who believe women can't get pregnant as a result of 'true rape', and pregnancies resulting from rape are a gift from god.

• Like 2

Secret NASA photograph finally revels the truth about the Earth...

discworld_by_nicolsche.jpg

:tu::whistle:

• Like 5

what do they think is beyond the ice wall? what do they think is space or the universe itself? im confused...

On the one hand he says they use scientific theory and apply it to their belief that the world is flat, and then on the other hand he simply says that he thinks if someone gets to the edge of the world then they fall off...

...yeah...

Hey what about one of the Pirates of the Carribean movies, where the ship fell over the edge of the world and ended up in Davey Jones's Locker, dont tell me they faked that ?

• Like 1

Hey what about one of the Pirates of the Carribean movies, where the ship fell over the edge of the world and ended up in Davey Jones's Locker, dont tell me they faked that ?

Those movies were set in like the 1740s, and they didn't have those kind of special effects back then. Had to be totally real.

• Like 1

post-128276-0-18138400-1351835072_thumb. Edited by serial slasher

I wish we had a Flat-Earther on the site so they could argue their point.

Hiya "H",I think the thing is that these people have been brought up to believe this,the point is if you were told something by your Mum,and Dad,that certain things were true,absolute fact,would you have any reason to disbelieve them ?.Its not until you gain more experience and grow older that you begin to question what is true or not.Then You have to decide what is right or what is wrong.

I wish we had a Flat-Earther on the site so they could argue their point.

Well there is Mr Right Wing, from his reply abusing quantum physics, he thinks the universe exists in his head.

Fortunately with the earth being flat, you can just walk over to the edge and jump off. :D

Yep. That way you can reach the space without needing a spaceship.

Yep. That way you can reach the space without needing a spaceship.

Then why are we spending so much money on rockets and the like? NASA's either underfunded or massively overfunded if we could just walk right... oh right, massive conspiracy to make believe the world is round (for some reason) and the Ice Guards to keep back the Others... I mean... something, I don't know, can I just go read A Game of Thrones now?

Then why are we spending so much money on rockets and the like? NASA's either underfunded or massively overfunded if we could just walk right... oh right, massive conspiracy to make believe the world is round (for some reason) and the Ice Guards to keep back the Others... I mean... something, I don't know, can I just go read A Game of Thrones now?

You understand that I was being sarcastic, right?

Secret NASA photograph finally revels the truth about the Earth...

discworld_by_nicolsche.jpg

:tu::whistle:

Damn, water must be an unlimited auto-regenerated resource to waste into the space each second like that.

You understand that I was being sarcastic, right?

Yup, so was I, I was just furthering the joke along by continuing to bring up those Ice Guards... mostly because I really want to discuss with someone, once again why I wished we had a Flat Earther on the site, about the NASA employees who protect the giant ice wall around the flat Earth. Seems silly but I'd like to hear something detailed about it. would be interesting.

Edited by Hasina

Yup, so was I, I was just furthering the joke along by continuing to bring up those Ice Guards... mostly because I really want to discuss with someone, once again why I wished we had a Flat Earther on the site, about the NASA employees who protect the giant ice wall around the flat Earth. Seems silly but I'd like to hear something detailed about it. would be interesting.

I've got it !, it used to be a ball but a meteor crashed into it and gave it a puncture,so now its flat, this of course is only my theory. Let the scientists prove me wrong.

wow,Really?The world is flat and the moon is made of cheese,,I really don't know what to say.Am I dreaming?Are there really fools out there who think the world is flat?Never seems to amaze me ,except this one time.

wow,Really?The world is flat and the moon is made of cheese,,I really don't know what to say.Am I dreaming?Are there really fools out there who think the world is flat?Never seems to amaze me ,except this one time.

But it is flat and of course the moon is made of cheese...

• 2 years later...

Well I have a problem. Since this discussion started 3 years ago, I'm afraid a lot of new information has come to light. As mentioned in the first post regarding a mountain of photographs of a spherical earth. There are in fact no photographs of the planet. The most popular "one" is from apollo 11 and has been used for 50 plus years and is clearly not a real photo. All other references from NASA are labelled as images, which they are. And the shot of "earth rise" supposedly taken from the surface of the moon, doesn't any one on this site observe anything weird? The fact is if that was a "photo" the earth should be at least 4 times bigger. Think out side the box, just for a minute, How can the earth look the same size from the moon as the moon from the earth when the earth is 4 times bigger. Just think about that for a minute. And considered that in all the time the ISS has been "in space" not one full pan shot of the planet. And not one full pan shot from any "space walk" The curve you see is simply created by a fish eye lens. And time lapse photography of the stars really raises a lot of questions. Consider if we were in fact spinning at 1000 MPH (which we can't feel or observe) and we are spinning around the sun at 66000 MPH and the solar systems is moving through the galaxy at millions of MPH, as it has for thousands of years, why has the north star always remained in the same place?

And why can't the curvature of the "globe" be measured or observed? Mathematically the curvature should be a drop of 8" per mile. Yet islands, cities, buildings can be observed from many miles away when in fact, mathematically, they should be below the horizon.

And the real tweakers are southern air routes. Why can't you fly from Santiago, Chile to Sidney, Australia which should be a non-stop straight flight across the southern pacific taking 11-12 hours. To make that flight you, you have to connect through Las Angeles,USA. And that only makes sense when you look at it on the UN flag"flat earth" map. Flying through LA makes it an almost perfect straight line making the flight 19-23 hours long depending on lay over. The same holds true for a flight from South America to Africa, you have to connect through the middle east. Check it out for yourself on any travel site. Try to book a flight. And I have only touched the surface of all the information out there now. Lastly, if I have tweaked your curiosity at all, check out the antarctic treaty of 1959. Why is no one allowed to go there and travel freely? Why, with it's vast storehouses of oil, coal and uranium has it never been exploited for gain? Is it truly the barrier that protects the edge of our world.

I've always considered myself to be fairly articulate and sensible but when numbers, the only things I have ever really trusted, don't add up it gives me pause to consider other answers. And before anyone starts insulting me, and the questions I have raised, please check it out. There are so many new videos, since this topic started, out there that raise many many questions.

In closing, the more I learn and the deeper I delve into this, the more worried I become, because if the earth is in fact flat, God help us. What else have we been deceived about?

Well I have a problem. Since this discussion started 3 years ago, I'm afraid a lot of new information has come to light. As mentioned in the first post regarding a mountain of photographs of a spherical earth. There are in fact no photographs of the planet. The most popular "one" is from apollo 11 and has been used for 50 plus years and is clearly not a real photo. All other references from NASA are labelled as images, which they are. And the shot of "earth rise" supposedly taken from the surface of the moon, doesn't any one on this site observe anything weird? The fact is if that was a "photo" the earth should be at least 4 times bigger. Think out side the box, just for a minute, How can the earth look the same size from the moon as the moon from the earth when the earth is 4 times bigger. Just think about that for a minute. And considered that in all the time the ISS has been "in space" not one full pan shot of the planet. And not one full pan shot from any "space walk" The curve you see is simply created by a fish eye lens. And time lapse photography of the stars really raises a lot of questions. Consider if we were in fact spinning at 1000 MPH (which we can't feel or observe) and we are spinning around the sun at 66000 MPH and the solar systems is moving through the galaxy at millions of MPH, as it has for thousands of years, why has the north star always remained in the same place?

And why can't the curvature of the "globe" be measured or observed? Mathematically the curvature should be a drop of 8" per mile. Yet islands, cities, buildings can be observed from many miles away when in fact, mathematically, they should be below the horizon.

And the real tweakers are southern air routes. Why can't you fly from Santiago, Chile to Sidney, Australia which should be a non-stop straight flight across the southern pacific taking 11-12 hours. To make that flight you, you have to connect through Las Angeles,USA. And that only makes sense when you look at it on the UN flag"flat earth" map. Flying through LA makes it an almost perfect straight line making the flight 19-23 hours long depending on lay over. The same holds true for a flight from South America to Africa, you have to connect through the middle east. Check it out for yourself on any travel site. Try to book a flight. And I have only touched the surface of all the information out there now. Lastly, if I have tweaked your curiosity at all, check out the antarctic treaty of 1959. Why is no one allowed to go there and travel freely? Why, with it's vast storehouses of oil, coal and uranium has it never been exploited for gain? Is it truly the barrier that protects the edge of our world.

I've always considered myself to be fairly articulate and sensible but when numbers, the only things I have ever really trusted, don't add up it gives me pause to consider other answers. And before anyone starts insulting me, and the questions I have raised, please check it out. There are so many new videos, since this topic started, out there that raise many many questions.

In closing, the more I learn and the deeper I delve into this, the more worried I become, because if the earth is in fact flat, God help us. What else have we been deceived about?

2734318.jpg

What benefit would any one have by telling us the earth is round when it is flat or vise versa?

What difference would it make?

The north star isnt always in the same position, its just allways above us.

As for the curve of the earth, this can be seen in a few place, the salt lake flats is one i believe.

I suppose all the other planets are flat aswell?

How can we fly none stop around the world? Why is there a north pole?

I can see the flat earth theory falling to pieces.