Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USA Presidential election -- November 6

Karlis

A week to go before the election: what are the key points that you consider important?

In my opinion:

* Development of the USA economy under the next President will be crucial.

* Foreign policy is an unanswered question.

* "Gay Rights Marriage" is a social-political platform. How important is this issue, compared to other issues?

Please discuss ... less than a week to go.

Karlis

• Like 1

I would say Number 1, 2 and 3 are the Economy... Everything else pales in comparison (on a national scale)... If this next 4 years gets us turned around and headed for full recovery I will be satisified..

Other issues will come up of course - we are a nation of 300+ million we can work on more than one thing at a time... But the Economy MUST be the focus and the priority...

• Like 2

I would say Number 1, 2 and 3 are the Economy... Everything else pales in comparison (on a national scale)... If this next 4 years gets us turned around and headed for full recovery I will be satisified..

Other issues will come up of course - we are a nation of 300+ million we can work on more than one thing at a time... But the Economy MUST be the focus and the priority...

That sounds about right to me also. :tu:

However, which candidate has presented the most convincing argument/s regarding the economy? And, what are their specific propositions for the economy of the USA?

That sounds about right to me also. :tu:

However, which candidate has presented the most convincing argument/s regarding the economy? And, what are their specific propositions for the economy of the USA?

Romney of course. Obama is clueless...if he had a clue...and actually cared...we wouldn't have the same problem (only worse) as when he took office.

In the words of Wild Bill: It's the Economy Stupid!

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

- Abolish Obamacare as mush as possible as soon as possible.

- Bring the economy back through positive private sector growth.

- Private sector jobs.

- Develop our energy resources as a key the the two above.

- Adjust taxes so as to bring business capital back to our shores and our economy.

- Close down or drastically reduce the EPA, NLRB, TSA, and a dozen other uselessor to powerful departments.

- Fix medicare and Social Security. Punish the cheaters.

- Create a western hemisphere economic zone.

- Deregulate to free up abd unburden businesses

- Protect the borders

- Stabilize the Middle East situation.

- Fix the drug laws and empty the prisons of nonviolent criminals.

- Neutralzie Iran through much tougher sanctions and support civil uprising in that country. No boots on te ground.

- Gay marriage is so overblown it is ridiculous, especially when there are so many much bigger issues that effect far more people,.

• Like 4

I would say number 1 to 10 is How does one force Congress to work? Because we have not seen the end of that sad chapter.

Everything else will be subject to that.

• Like 3

I would say number 1 to 10 is How does one force Congress to work? Because we have not seen the end of that sad chapter.

The first thing you do is get rid of Harry Reid. The second thing you do is hold Romney's feet to the fire. The third thing you do is hold your congressman's feet to the fire. Well...that's three anyway.

• Like 1

The first thing you do is get rid of Harry Reid. The second thing you do is hold Romney's feet to the fire. The third thing you do is hold your congressman's feet to the fire. Well...that's three anyway.

Throw Pelosi into that and roll with it. :tu:

• Like 4

Well considering the President really doesn't have anything to do with the economy...

I will vote D.

What are your thoughts about *Carbon Dioxide* not as an issue in the campaign?

Can't produce oil without making it. Especially can't use coal without making it...

Poor president Obama. If re-elected just think of the mess he'll be inheriting.

• Like 5

What are your thoughts about *Carbon Dioxide* not as an issue in the campaign?

As both are in favor of "Clean Coal" (must be washed with Mr. Clean or something...) there was no debate about it. Big Bird was much more a theme.

Edited by questionmark

Congress has been working and working hard stopping your side from causing any more destruction. It is NOT congress's job to do whatever the senate and president tell it to. Do you understand that?

Well considering the President really doesn't have anything to do with the economy...

I will vote D.

He shouldnt have anything to do with the economy. Unfortunitly he does. Signing trade agreements that make it impossible to compete in the world market can and has been a serious thorn in the side of the US economy. Reapointing men like Ben Bernaky and siding with the federal reserve to manipulate the market through interest rates is another way past and the current administration helps to kill our economy.

The economy is the biggest issue in this coming election. Somehow most people cant seem to grasp the fact that both Romney and 0bama will go down the same economic path regardless of which one is voted in. Ive asked people on here 100 times how they think Romney will do anything different. And not once has anyone given what could be considered a reasonable argument. In fact, aside from "well im picking the lesser of 2 evils" no one seems to know how either men are at all different. And there is a damn good reason they cant. That of course is cause there is no difference between them.

• Like 2

Congress has been working and working hard stopping your side from causing any more destruction. It is NOT congress's job to do whatever the senate and president tell it to. Do you understand that?

I think he understands that perfectly, but when Congress does not do what the president wants, STOP BLAMING THE PRESIDENT.

• Like 2

He shouldnt have anything to do with the economy. Unfortunitly he does. Signing trade agreements that make it impossible to compete in the world market can and has been a serious thorn in the side of the US economy. Reapointing men like Ben Bernaky and siding with the federal reserve to manipulate the market through interest rates is another way past and the current administration helps to kill our economy.

Manipulation goes both ways though. Do you know why the federal reserve was created? Do you know some of the issues that led to the Great Depression? (obviously there was fault on both sides but stricter, or better regulated government got involved after it.)

Manipulation goes both ways though. Do you know why the federal reserve was created? Do you know some of the issues that led to the Great Depression? (obviously there was fault on both sides but stricter, or better regulated government got involved after it.)

Im well aware of both sides of the argument. Personaly I side with the folks who see the federal reserve as the cause and prolonging of the great depression. The federal reserve was created, in truth, to take power from the people, and enslave them to the bank. And that hole has gotten deeper and deeper since the invent of the income tax. Which is paid to the federal reserve to pay the interest we owe them for printing our own money.

Im all for proper governmental regulation. Problem we find ourselfs into today is the little guy is regulated into oblvion, while major corperations get away with murder. Mostly cause they own the federal government. Which is why Im a big advicate of making lobbying totaly illegal. People think we need more regulation, but what good is that when they refuse to enforce what regulations they do have depending on the political donations said company shells out.

• Like 1

Im well aware of both sides of the argument. Personaly I side with the folks who see the federal reserve as the cause and prolonging of the great depression. The federal reserve was created, in truth, to take power from the people, and enslave them to the bank. And that hole has gotten deeper and deeper since the invent of the income tax. Which is paid to the federal reserve to pay the interest we owe them for printing our own money.

Im all for proper governmental regulation. Problem we find ourselfs into today is the little guy is regulated into oblvion, while major corperations get away with murder. Mostly cause they own the federal government. Which is why Im a big advicate of making lobbying totaly illegal. People think we need more regulation, but what good is that when they refuse to enforce what regulations they do have depending on the political donations said company shells out.

Well I don't agree the Depression was prolonged by government, but I do agree with your second point.

As I have always said, I am for government regulation, not crony capitalism. The government should not be screwing some business in order to help others (especially the large ones.) And yes, they should enforce regulations properly. But I blame this on our elected officals...fire them...you cannot fire a large corporation or a CEO, which makes them far more dangerous than any government. We can fire our guys, the problem is that we choose not to...

Edited by HuttonEtAl
  • Like 1

Well I don't agree the Depression was prolonged by government, but I do agree with your second point.

As I have always said, I am for government regulation, not crony capitalism. The government should not be screwing some business in order to help others (especially the large ones.) And yes, they should enforce regulations properly. But I blame this on our elected officals...fire them...you cannot fire a large corporation or a CEO, which makes them far more dangerous than any government. We can fire our guys, the problem is that we choose not to...

I agree with your second part as well. Not only do we not fire them, but even when we do, somehow we dont realise that the new guy we put in charge is openly exactly the same as the guy we just fired. People spend far too much time listening to these clowns, instead of watching what they have done. Its sad that there is a single American who is going to vote in this upcoming election. That we tolerate these 2 men that the corperations have put before us. I dont know if I will ever be able to vote again. Least on the federal level. I will never ever again leave my integrity at the door of a voting booth.

I agree with your second part as well. Not only do we not fire them, but even when we do, somehow we dont realise that the new guy we put in charge is openly exactly the same as the guy we just fired. People spend far too much time listening to these clowns, instead of watching what they have done. Its sad that there is a single American who is going to vote in this upcoming election. That we tolerate these 2 men that the corperations have put before us. I dont know if I will ever be able to vote again. Least on the federal level. I will never ever again leave my integrity at the door of a voting booth.

See what corporations have been able to do with the power they have? Yet people think taking government totally out of the economy is the right thing to do. A free market capitalistic society simply makes the corporations your government...well I mean they kind of are now, but even more so. Corporations already dominate us...why we we want them to have more freedom/power/control?

See what corporations have been able to do with the power they have? Yet people think taking government totally out of the economy is the right thing to do. A free market capitalistic society simply makes the corporations your government...well I mean they kind of are now, but even more so. Corporations already dominate us...why we we want them to have more freedom/power/control?

This is where we see things differntly. Its the government that gives these corperations the power to create the idea of to big to fail. To me, aside from obvious moral regualtions, taking the power from the government and creating a free capitalist system puts the power back in the hands of the people. In a free capitalist system we wouldnt have completly unfair trade agreements that take away our ability to compete on the world stage. Which of course has been a major tool for the government to empower corperations. I definitly side with folks like Ron Paul when it comes to what the governments roll in our economy should be. I guess my question is, why look to the very people in our government who have created this situation, to be the solution to the problem?

• Like 1

This is where we see things differntly. Its the government that gives these corperations the power to create the idea of to big to fail. To me, aside from obvious moral regualtions, taking the power from the government and creating a free capitalist system puts the power back in the hands of the people. In a free capitalist system we wouldnt have completly unfair trade agreements that take away our ability to compete on the world stage. Which of course has been a major tool for the government to empower corperations. I definitly side with folks like Ron Paul when it comes to what the governments roll in our economy should be. I guess my question is, why look to the very people in our government who have created this situation, to be the solution to the problem?

That is where I start to differ with people. I will be working on some blogs to better explain my points but I put a pretty detailed bit on my beliefs in the last post here...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=236028&st=90