Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonology Books

ParanormalLew

Can anybody recommend any book in relation to Demonology? Possesion and all that.

Many Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/11482155733217125594?q=psychologist%20books%20on%20demons&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=wWE&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=487a3f713ca0dc01&bpcl=38625945&biw=1440&bih=770&tch=1&ech=1ψ=HiioUNCTMoWXiAKzyYCYDw.1353197637928.9&sa=X&ei=tyioUOb6HqrqiwKCwQE&ved=0CFYQ8wIwAQ

Right there......

If you are going to " learn " about Demonology, you should really learn as much as you can about Psychology, and what possession, and " demons " are.

On top of, the historical side, where " demons " came from, etc.....

I remember once looking this up on the electronic card catalog at the library and I found: Demonology -> Case Studies -> (1) The Amityville Horror ( Jay Anson ) (2) The Demonologist ( about Ed and Lorraine Warren, can't remember the author ). A lot of people would say the things recounted in these books are hoaxes, etc, but I enjoyed both of these books.

• Like 1

I remember once looking this up on the electronic card catalog at the library and I found: Demonology -> Case Studies -> (1) The Amityville Horror ( Jay Anson ) (2) The Demonologist ( about Ed and Lorraine Warren, can't remember the author ). A lot of people would say the things recounted in these books are hoaxes, etc, but I enjoyed both of these books.

Ed and Lorraine Warren get bad rap ,but they saw and did quite a lot in their hey day .

• Like 1

The Amityville horror was pure fiction....How could that have been a case study?

Here is the best laid out information ( of many, many, sources ) to confirm it was fiction.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/amityville.asp

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

The Amityville horror was pure fiction....How could that have been a case study?

Here is the best laid out information ( of many, many, sources ) to confirm it was fiction.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/amityville.asp

Too bad Snopes lies on half their posts . I believe nothing I read on there anymore,especially if its government related .

U

• 4 months later...

• 6 months later...

Years ago I read the Encyclopedia of Witchcraft I think it was called. Had famous cases and there may have been something about demons in it.There is also several books written by inquistors of the Catholic church like the Malleus malefactorum I believe it's called.There is also The Devils of Loudon,by Aldous Huxley,who wrote I believe Brave New World.It's about this french convent in the 17th century where the nuns claimed to be possed. There is also an interesting movie made in the 1920s from Denmark called, Witchcraft Through the Ages( in danish Hexum.) The movie has narration by William Burroughs ,author of the Naked Lunch.Sinister Cinema carries it,and you might be able to order it also from Amazon or Barnes and Nobles.It has scenes with demons in it.By the way,the film maker,Ken Russel made a movie of Huxley's book,called The Devils with Vanessa Redgrave and Olive Reed.

• Like 1

http://www.snopes.co.../amityville.asp

I just want to point out that there was an event called the Amityville horror in which the DeFeo family was murdered. Whether the son did it, was possessed by demons, and all of that no one knows and no one can prove. But the event did happen. All your sources for saying that the event didn't take place aren't credible at all to anything. No offense to you or anything but it seemed to me like you don't believe that the event even occurred when beyond the shadow of a doubt the DeFeo family was murdered. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

• The Amityville Horror was the terrible murder of the De Feo family by the eldest son. It was real and he sits in jail.
  • Now if you are refereing to the Lutzs and their expierences in the house after moving in after the murders,then you might be right.