Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jap Nuclear Power Stn

spud the mackem

I cannot believe that the Japanese have been given an £8 Billion contract to build a Nuclear Power Station in th U.K. Why on earth cant we build one ourselves. ?.It really gets me well "brassed" off when I read of foreign countries being given contracts that our work force badly needs.I refuse to believe that they are that more technically advanced.This Gov't really needs to be revamped and the sooner the better.A few years ago we gave the French the contract to build the R.M.S Queen Mary 2,when we used to be the biggest ship building Country in the world. No wonder we are in Debt.Has the British work force priced its self out of business ? The Japanese cant even look after their own Nuke Power Stations.

"Jap"? Really?! *shakes head*

Get a moderator to change your thread title.

• Like 3

I cannot believe that the Japanese have been given an £8 Billion contract to build a Nuclear Power Station in th U.K. Why on earth cant we build one ourselves. ?.It really gets me well "brassed" off when I read of foreign countries being given contracts that our work force badly needs.I refuse to believe that they are that more technically advanced.This Gov't really needs to be revamped and the sooner the better.A few years ago we gave the French the contract to build the R.M.S Queen Mary 2,when we used to be the biggest ship building Country in the world. No wonder we are in Debt.Has the British work force priced its self out of business ? The Japanese cant even look after their own Nuke Power Stations.

you said it: used to be. Thank Lady Thatcher for the de-industrialization.

"Jap"? Really?! *shakes head*

Get a moderator to change your thread title.

WHAT?!

Oh so people can say "Brit", "Scot", Aussie or the many others, but you can't say Jap?!

I really don't get how this is a problem?

It's not in anyway racist.

• Like 1

WHAT?!

Oh so people can say "Brit", "Scot", Aussie or the many others, but you can't say Jap?!

I really don't get how this is a problem?

It's not in anyway racist.

Hi,I guess some people will critisice you for any small item,,at least I didn't go back to his post and call him a wally.
  • Like 1

Jap is the same as nip and is considered offensive by most.

But back on subject, I'm sure the vast majority of those doing the actual erection of the facility will be from your native land (ethiopia) so what are you complaining about? :tsu:

Hi,I guess some people will critisice you for any small item,,at least I didn't go back to his post and call him a wally.

Didn't you get upset with me to reffering to you as a limey once?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Jap is the same as nip and is considered offensive by most.

But back on subject, I'm sure the vast majority of those doing the actual erection of the facility will be from your native land (ethiopia) so what are you complaining about? :tsu:

Didn't you get upset with me to reffering to you as a limey once?

Never ...ha ha, Septic old buddy (Londoners {Cockneys}, slang for Americans,) Septic Tank = Yank, no offence meant just thought you would like the honor of knowing . We all have a cross to bear thats why I am called a Mackem. We also have Wurzels,Brummies, Tractor men, Scousers,and a few more.