Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World’s first bedtime story for dogs

Still Waters

Simon Callow is acclaimed as one of Britain’s finest Shakespearean actors, but today he’s gone from Bard to barking – by narrating the world’s first bedtime story for dogs.

There is, however, method in the madness: it is designed to be played to dogs on and before Bonfire Night to minimise the stress caused by firework displays.

http://www.metro.co....f-bonfire-night

• Like 1

Well it has been proven that there are certain tones and such in classical music that calms dogs and can even make them sleepy.

Worth a shot.

• Like 2

4th of July here.

The whole week and a few days after.

My nephew freaks out too.

• Like 2

My most recent ex-grilfriend lives less than a half mile from Frontier City (an amusement park here in OKC)... During the summer months when it's open they set off fireworks EVERY NIGHT at closing time (about 10PM)... She has two Rottweillers that go absolutely bonkers everytime they go off...

I'm not sure this 'bed time story' would help, but nice try...

• Like 1

Interesting idea. My Fiances parents have bought their dog a thundershirt, its just a coat that gently squeezes the dog but it stops him barking at the fireworks!

(@Coldethyl, Love the pinup girl avatar!)

• Like 1

Interesting idea. My Fiances parents have bought their dog a thundershirt, its just a coat that gently squeezes the dog but it stops him barking at the fireworks!

Are there Thundershirts for men? (Been a while since I had a hug without it costing me)

Are there Thundershirts for men? (Been a while since I had a hug without it costing me)

If you got a great dane size one it might fit :w00t::tu:

• Like 1

(@Coldethyl, Love the pinup girl avatar!)

Thanks! I quite a lot of them. I decided I'd not put my mug back up and use other blondes instead. :yes:

• Like 2

Thanks! I quite a lot of them. I decided I'd not put my mug back up and use other blondes instead. :yes:

I meant to say I have quite a lot of them. El, you liked my post and half of it didn't even make sense! LOL

• Like 2

I meant to say I have quite a lot of them. El, you liked my post and half of it didn't even make sense! LOL

You deserve loads of likes for your new pic. :)

• Like 1