Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nepal offers bounty for man-eating leopard

Still Waters

Nepal offered a bounty on Thursday for anyone who could hunt down a leopard that has killed more than a dozen people in the past year in the country's remote western region.

The 25,000-rupee (£185) prize, several months' wages for the average Nepali, will go to anyone who can bring in the animal dead or alive, after more than 100 police and soldiers failed to capture it.

http://www.telegraph...ng-leopard.html

well good luck to everyone that is trying and dont shoot each other (happens way more than you think) >.>

• Like 1

I can only imagine what it would be like if one of our mountain lions developed a taste for human. I would want it hunted down too.

Hmmm , is it worth it ? What does 25,000 rupees equate to in Dollars or Sterling ? Forget it , I`ve just found out .

Edited by sergeantflynn

Poor leopard. 7 billion people in the world. I think we can do with a dozen or so who chose to move into leopard country. In India people set up villages snack in the middle of tiger country and kill the tigers when one or two villagers get eaten. No sympathy. Only thing that can eat me in Australia is a great white shark. I've made it clear I want no revenge if it happens,

Poor leopard. 7 billion people in the world. I think we can do with a dozen or so who chose to move into leopard country. In India people set up villages snack in the middle of tiger country and kill the tigers when one or two villagers get eaten. No sympathy. Only thing that can eat me in Australia is a great white shark. I've made it clear I want no revenge if it happens,

That`s a good point . It never hits the Headlines when someone in India is eaten by a Great White Shark.............
  • Like 1

Here is a little bit more information this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t4

Whatever animal it is, it is one opportunistic feeder that has this human hunting down to a science or art.

Yeah, I read that article before coming to this site this morning.

Something about human blood being more salty than wild animals, and once they taste it, they prefer humans.

Yeah, I read that article before coming to this site this morning.

Something about human blood being more salty than wild animals, and once they taste it, they prefer humans.

I`m surprised that the American Military hasn`t signed it up for active service .
  • Like 1

I`m surprised that the American Military hasn`t signed it up for active service .

Camper alert! Take diuretics to dilute blood salt-content. :passifier:

I'm guessing this isn't a snow leopard, a different species - which I heard never eats humans.

Well if you keep taking away the natural flora & fauna whats left for it to eat, humans. :yes:

• Like 1

It's certainly a magnificent creature. It's sad that it has a bounty on it's head. I understand the fear but if I lived in an area with predatory animals I wouldn't let my 4 year old (or any age child or loved one) out of my site... ever. I would also carry a weapon, even if it's just a large stick and vinegar.

It's certainly a magnificent creature. It's sad that it has a bounty on it's head. I understand the fear but if I lived in an area with predatory animals I wouldn't let my 4 year old (or any age child or loved one) out of my site... ever. I would also carry a weapon, even if it's just a large stick and vinegar.

Uh... that is Napal. Some children have no shoes and often play or gather stuff in the nearby forrest without incident.

Uh... that is Napal. Some children have no shoes and often play or gather stuff in the nearby forrest without incident.

It would just take one incident for me to become over protective and not let my children out of my site. Especially a 4 year old.

It would just take one incident for me to become over protective and not let my children out of my site. Especially a 4 year old.

"Life" in third-world countries just don't work that way.

"Life" in third-world countries just don't work that way.

I'm sure there are lots of moms in the area that are doing just what I said I would do. Why wouldn't they?

My initial comment was mostly about the 4 yr old that was killed, admittedly, there are no details but I was simply stating, in that situation, my children would not ever be outside without me and a weapon.

That`s a good point . It never hits the Headlines when someone in India is eaten by a Great White Shark.............

Nah. You may be missing the point. Wild animals need territory too. We shouldn't kill them for doing what comes natural. Build a fence to stop leopards, or buy a shark shield like I have when I go diving. Don't just kill them all the time. Simplistic and stupid. Hell, catch it and send it to a zoo. In the numbers game they are more important..

Often animals that prey on humans are old, crippled or otherwise unable to capture their normal prey. We are slow, don't have fangs or claws, so we make easy prey to a starving predator.