Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comfort for Sandy victims & The Road Warrior

Simbi Laveau

If anyone knows victims in nyc ,who have no power or water ,if you happen to hear from them (we are getting an email every two days) ,The New York Sports Gym,and the Yoga to The People ,yoga studio ,are opening their doors to sandy victims ,for hot showers ,and phone and laptop charging .

I think this is so awesome .

I will get addresses if anyone wants them .

And just by the by ,the new thing is,no gasoline . Shades of The Road Warrior ,which I always said would come true .

No gas in NJ. The few places in NY ,have lines down the street . I went by one on long island today,and there were cars ,and people . People with up to 3 hand held gas cans,lined up down the block . There were at least 40 people on the line. I have never seen anything like it.

• Like 1

I have never seen anything like it.

Only because you don't live in hurricane country. :P

I agree that it is very nice of those two companies to offer people a place to shower and charge phones/laptops. I don't recall anyone down here doing that, even after Isaac this year.

• Like 1

Only because you don't live in hurricane country. :P

I agree that it is very nice of those two companies to offer people a place to shower and charge phones/laptops. I don't recall anyone down here doing that, even after Isaac this year.

This line for gas,was in a very affluent area of long island . People took buses from queens to get there . This station is so small .people were flowing out into the street .

21660_10151538518371729_388970390_n-1.jpg

This is in Hoboken NJ,but at least two businesses on the lower eat side of Manhattan are doing this too . You plug in right on the street .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Just think if this was going on everywhere. I've only seen one time when people started hording gas here and that was right after 9/11.

I think its great those businesses are helping people.

• Like 1

I think its great those businesses are helping people.

People here are saying this all reminds them of 911,only on a much larger scale . Just the devastation ,feeling of hopelessness,and people in agony ...with endless clean up and rebuilding to come. 911 ,as far as the rest of the city was concerned structurally etc,was unscathed .

This is everywhere ,with tensions high ,and many things not working as normal . This is the entire city and long island .

NJ is ...wiped out down south .Bon Jovi ,Bruce Springsteen ,ans Billy Joel ,are doing a Sandy victims benefit tomorrow somewhere..