Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help to focus the mind towards LIFE s GOALS

K.Ravi

Help to focus the mind

Dear Friends ,

All of us at some point of time must have planned our lifes goal be it professional or personal or financial goals. Even i had planned my lifes goals but with regret i have to inform that the implementation of the plans have been very pathetic. I am a 28 year old guy who has studied accounts and is now working in India. No matter how hard i try and try to achieve something in life, the enthusiasm dries out in a few days, then be it any goal professional or personal i am not able to get a consistent success in it, and now i am getting into depression mode that i wasted some golden years of my life ;( .

Many times even you must have kept some resolution like to complete some course, or reduce weight etc, but in 1 week your enthusiasm has died out, i know i am not alone out there, but still for me not even a single resolution i am able to keep, every once in a month or so i keep writing these tasks in my diary and then remind myself that i have to do this or keep on doing this but then afterwards i dont even pay any heed to them. So i would like to know what will help me to focus my mind towards a specific goal and achieve it. Here are list of some goals which i would like to achieve but not able to do so, because of lack of i dont know what, right from posting this thread for eg. if you see i am thinking to post this thread and take help from you friends since 15 -20 days but today only i could be able to type this alll.

Professional growth: since many months i am thinking of doing some professional accounting course after office hourse / during weekends but just not able to do so, all i end up doing in weekends in eat and sleep and watch movies, tv, videos etc. Sometimes i do think that i will do this distance course and buy some books and start studying but i will study only for 4-5 days after that i wont study and during exams will perform poorly and am not able to succeeed the course / exam / job exam. I even think of increasing my knowledge in my field and get some other job with better profile and more pay but that is also not being implemented seriously by me.

Personal life: From the past 2 years due to excessive eating all my trousers have become tight for my stomach and since many months i am thinking to go to gym or long walk or running etc ,and reduce my tummy and keep my body fit and slim but many times i get enthusiasm and do the morning jogging / walk for 4-5 days and then the enthusiasm dies away. Similar case with arranging wardrobe one day i will wash iron 5-6 clothes and keep a target of 1-2 clothes per day to iron but still end up keeping the cloth piles growing and one day will do 6-7 clothes.

Finances: many times i decide to keep a strict tab on my spending and for 1 month daily i will sincerely note down my daywise expenses on various head eg fuel food, clothes etc, but after one month literally i just keep spending but dont record it too lazy or just lack of enthusiasm i dont know, in this way i feel i am not living my life entirely,

with no friends girl friends my life become a pure mechanical one i wake up at 06 am go to office and come back at 07 pm then just chat with my mom, and have dinner and by 08.30 pm i am sleeping no social life , no friends, my work is boring , no good friends in my work place, and in evening i spend on net some half hour and on weekends i will watch TV, movies at home, or internet or just sleeping in afternoons i know people of my age having good friends and spend their weekends with fun by going out somewhere but i am an introvert without any company i just cant go alone out to any public place just to roam without any specific reason.

Can anyone help me to frame a procedure which will help me to achieve my goals also any meditation technique which will make me think on my goals daily and achieve it ultimately, as i am not able to complete any of my resolutions.

Please suggest friends, awaiting your replies ;)

ravi

Sometimes we set goals too high for ourselves and then are disappointed when we don't meet them. You have to take it one step at at a time and if your enthusiasm dies out quickly you probably wasn't that interested to begin with. Which most of use aren't when it comes to exercising or losing weight.

At 28 you have a lot of life ahead of you yet to meet any of your goals. However it does sound like you need to get out more and meet new people. I know I can let myself get in a rut and stay there if I didn't make an effort to change things.

• Like 1

Thanks Hilander for your reply but these are not high goals, but i dont know where i am lacking, atleast i can start with one goal and then when its in practice set another goal. Any help on how to achieve these goals

• 2 weeks later...

You ARE NOT ALONE! LOL

We are built on routine and it is VERY hard to break routine. I have the same trouble with many things- working out, eating more calories, quiting smoking (or @least cutting down), working on my next book, giving an ex girlfriend a chance, building stronger friendships, etc. But it's so much easier to just jump on the project when I have the spark and when I don't, just falling back in my old routine and making excuses.

All that's needed is a stronger discipline. MAKE yourself get started on something and FIND that "spark". At first, it takes a while. Your heart's got to be in it, or you'll give in to routine and let it go. So find it in your heart EVERY scheduled time that you work on that particular project. Make yourself get up and initiate it, then find the wonder and enjoyment of it. Eventually that will become your new routine.