Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First time EVP... hearing stuff right away?

D3lit3

Hello,

So I recently have become really interested in the paranormal and I think since childhood I have always had a sense for these things. So I decided to take a recorder and see if anything would come into contact with me. This was just a test session and I chose a cemetery that I have heard to be very active. So equipped with just a recorder after the sun goes down, I drive to the cemetery.

Now here is where it gets weird. The EVPs I recorded can be heard from the get go while I am still labeling and introducing my recording. Keep in mind that this is within the car still, and I have not gotten out. This leads me to doubt that these are EVP however I have nothing to go on really as I have never done this so maybe some people here could help me. If I was hearing the spirits in my car, does that mean they were ready all along? Or they were with me when I got there? Again, this was inside the car and the cemetery is in a rural area so no outside audio contamination occurs until you hear me get out of the car at the end.

Please listen to the 20 second clip.

http://www35.zippysh...95060/file.html

The first EVP happens at around the 5 second mark, and is amplified. It sounds like a moan or like someone mimicking me actually, which leads me to believe that it is my echo somehow. The second EVP is amplified and is heard towards the end, at around the 16 second mark I can hear someone whispering "help....me". Am I hearing things?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edited by D3lit3

Hello,

So I recently have become really interested in the paranormal and I think since childhood I have always had a sense for these things. So I decided to take a recorder and see if anything would come into contact with me. This was just a test session and I chose a cemetery that I have heard to be very active. So equipped with just a recorder after the sun goes down, I drive to the cemetery.

Now here is where it gets weird. The EVPs I recorded can be heard from the get go while I am still labeling and introducing my recording. Keep in mind that this is within the car still, and I have not gotten out. This leads me to doubt that these are EVP however I have nothing to go on really as I have never done this so maybe some people here could help me. If I was hearing the spirits in my car, does that mean they were ready all along? Or they were with me when I got there? Again, this was inside the car and the cemetery is in a rural area so no outside audio contamination occurs until you hear me get out of the car at the end.

The first EVP happens at around the 5 second mark, and is amplified. It sounds like a moan or like someone mimicking me actually, which leads me to believe that it is my echo somehow. The second EVP is amplified and is heard towards the end, at around the 16 second mark I can hear someone whispering "help....me". Am I hearing things?

I listened 3 times and just could not hear the words "help me" at the 16 second mark. You have a tendency to breathe into your recorder - or very audible breathing so I think the moan was just you.

• Like 3

I listened 3 times and just could not hear the words "help me" at the 16 second mark. You have a tendency to breathe into your recorder - or very audible breathing so I think the moan was just you.

:tu:

I'm sorry but I really didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

Hello,

Dude..that's the worst place to go, nothing but evil spirtis in cemeterys.

Dude..that's the worst place to go, nothing but evil spirtis in cemeterys.

Strange, I thought Cemeteries had dead bodies and ashes of bodies buried there, all if not most " laid to rest " by a Faith based orginization leader, with Prayers to boot.

Cemeteries are a Holy place, and have a lot to do ( with most faiths ) with the " resurrection "....( and not meaning the actual bodies )

There is nothing evil about a cemetery at all, no one died there, no one was killed there.

What is evil, and disrespectful is going to one and asking dead people to talk to you in a recorder.......If you want to do that, go to your own familes graves, not complete strangers. People buried love ones to get some peace, and closure. Not to have some asses come try to " talk " to them.......

If I came across that at any of my families grave sites ( hell, any ones ) I would be doing some serious teaching of respect.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

EVP is nonsense, its auditory pareidolia,... a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant.

I can rarely hear anything in EVP without being prompted about what I'm supposed to hear, and even then I regularly can't make out anything.

Sorry, but I can't hear anything remotely like "help me" in that clip around the 16 second mark.

Interesting how all these EVP's always have some sort of dread or foreboding attached to it.

You never hear a nice and clear message like "Hi, what's up?" or something like that..it's always "Help Me", "Die", Get Out!" or whatever.

Interesting how all these EVP's always have some sort of dread or foreboding attached to it.

You never hear a nice and clear message like "Hi, what's up?" or something like that..it's always "Help Me", "Die", Get Out!" or whatever.

I have some cool EVP's that I recorded on a phone a while back.

Me and the wife were staying in a Motel on the coast, and a bike club ( I consider myself a biker, although had to sell it 2 years ago due to finance issues ) stayed in the rooms above us.

Even if I had the recordings still, I could not share them here, but I can say, starting around 2 AM, the voices we were hearing were not evil, or bad.....They were so clear, and loud, I had to record them.

:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...