Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nor'easter to hit Sandy areas,election week

Simbi Laveau

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/noreaster-new-york-new-england-election-snow-weather_n_2065075.html

Word is ,its too soon to tell .Could be snow,could be rain .Could be bad ,or not so bad .

Freezing rain,on all the trees and downed trees and wires,will be beyond dangerous .

[Runs away] NO!!!! Why? This is not what the victims need.

Edited by Princess Serenity

I took down the Halloween lights earlier,and a cold wind was blowing. It's just not good . I have a terrible headache now .

With all the sand washed away by Sandy, I wonder how many Nor'easters these folks can take.

With almost each forecast model run, the low deepens and the winds increase in speed.

8152780408_c5bfd2110e_z.jpg

8152664788_0c0d4807ca_z.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness

I hope it doesn't do anything, you guys just don't need that right now.

It's been cold and cloudy all weekend here. 30s and 40s. Our local forecast as of now says rain starting on Tuesday. Of course, the political jokes are just flying. First God gave his opinion of the candidates and on Election Day, he's just going to cry. It's enough to make you wonder. Reports are we average 6-8 nor'easters a year and now there is nothing to block them. It's all been wiped out. Oh well, here we go again.

I hope people can vote because if they can't, since Obama's biggest support seems to be coming from the northeast, Romney could end up winning. That will make me cry.

It seems like every time Romney starts to pick up a little momentum, another hurricane hits to remind U.S. of how a Republican President handled Katrina.

In this case, it's a reminder of the reminder.

I'm currently in the thick of it...Nor'Easter Athena is pounding the *beep* out of us with high winds. I have one tree down already and I'm told the sea wall two streets down from me is getting hammered yet again.

I seriously hate this. :cry:

• Like 3

I'm currently in the thick of it...Nor'Easter Athena is pounding the *beep* out of us with high winds. I have one tree down already and I'm told the sea wall two streets down from me is getting hammered yet again.

I seriously hate this. :cry:

Snow is accumulating on the tree,leaning on my house . Ask me how happy I am.

Today i garbage recyc day.

Bags and pails of crap out front .

No one came.

UNBELIEVABLE

• Like 2

I'm going to make hot cocoa and bake brownies . Baking soothes me and warms the house .....but then I eat them all.

• Like 2

Stay warm and dry folks. I'll be sending all of my good wishes your way.

I was really wishing it would weaken dramatically before it hit you. Take care and wishing you the best.

Brownies sound good right now.

This was on our local news.

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=8876986

It's windy and just starting to snow here but we aren't expected to get any accumulation inland. This is insane! Weather forecast is for the temp to reach 60 by Sunday and 69 by next Thursday. I just hope they're right. It's been in the 40s and 30s, down in the 20s at night. We need a little mercy.

Prayers going out to the Jersey shore.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

This was on our local news.

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=8876986

It's windy and just starting to snow here but we aren't expected to get any accumulation inland. This is insane! Weather forecast is for the temp to reach 60 by Sunday and 69 by next Thursday. I just hope they're right. It's been in the 40s and 30s, down in the 20s at night. We need a little mercy.

Prayers going out to the Jersey shore.

Me and 40 million of my NE Corridor neighbors experienced a hurricane and a serious snowstorm ("Frankenstorm and The Bride of Frankenstorm") during the same week. What do you think are the odds of that happening ever again?

• Like 2

Right now it's so windy that I have 3 trees down (that I can see from inside). I lost power from 11:00PM until 8:00AM....wouldn't be surprized to lose it again soon. The sound is incredible, hasn't let up for the last two days.

• Like 2

Me and 40 million of my NE Corridor neighbors experienced a hurricane and a serious snowstorm ("Frankenstorm and The Bride of Frankenstorm") during the same week. What do you think are the odds of that happening ever again?

I hope never. This isn't fun. We didn't get the snow but as Lilly said, the winds have been howling and it's been really cold for the last 2 weeks. I hope this warm up comes. Not sure what kind of weather this winter is going to bring.

• Like 2

Finally it's over...what a mess though. Leaves, branches, whole trees felled. My neighbor's roof is messed up. I haven't even tried to get a look at the ocean area yet.

• Like 3

Are all our UM friends who were caught up in this safe and sound? (Wish we could have a roll-call)

• Like 1

To my knowledge those that posted about being in the path of Sandy and Athena seem to be ok. However, there could be those we're not aware of and they aren't posting due to having no power.

• Like 3

I really hope everyone is okay.

The warm up is coming, it was 65 here today and 71 expected tomorrow, its headed your way.

• Like 2

All we got was just rain. We pretty much missed the Nor'easter by thousands of miles.

• Like 1

Yeh Lilly. I have a couple of neighbors with holes in their roofs. A lot of trees down but we didn't get the snow from Athena so, two weeks later, it's getting better here. For a week the gas lines were unreal. I'm on the PA/NJ border and with Jersey without power until last weekend a lot of them were coming here to get gas. People said they saw cars from New York. Just no power for the stations or the pumps. So many stores had to clean out their frozen foods and items that needed to be kept cold but they are restocked now. Just have to be careful when going to restaurants that they did the same or you could get sick. Not a nice thought but true. Tomorrow is supposed to start warming up. Thursday was the first time I saw the sun in almost three weeks. It's been sooo cold, especially at night. Without electric I wouldn't have any heat. I really feel for those poor people on the Jersey shore and in New York. Archernyc is alright but she said Thursday night they had 4 inches of snow and it was still coming down. I hope we all get a little respite for now.

• Like 1

It was just snow.

No big deal. Power went out for a few hours but was fixed.

Kudos Gravitorbox :tu: I love your response. It's only snow. After what just happened that probably did seem like nothing. That's Jersey tough, if that's where you are. Best wishes to you and yours.