Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Sighting Near Houston Nov 2cd

Rhinopolis

As I recall my experience, please note that I am open to objection and am only calling what I saw a UFO and not an alien visitor from another world. It was Nov 2cd at 5:52 pm CST while I was driving home from work. I was traveling South on the Fort Bend Toll Road towards Hwy 6, and was using my car audio Bluetooth to talk with my father. The sky was clear visibility with only a few fluffy white clouds being illuminated by the late evening bright sun, and I was traveling approximately 60 mph in the slow lane of this two lane toll hwy. Three airports are "near" this area where I spotted the UFO, and in order most close to least they are 1. Houston SW Airport Regional ( less than 5 miles SE ), 2. Houston Hobby Commercial ( less than 25 miles NE ), and 3. Ellington AFB ( less than 30 miles E ).

Speaking with my father, I casually glanced up SW of my location and noticed a small "disc shaped white cloud". It was just hanging in the SW sky at lower cloud level, and it could have blended in perfectly if a more casual observer wasn't paying more attention. I would say it was 1/2 a mile to no greater than 3/4's of a mile SW of me at that time, and I would place it at rough guess maybe 300 ft in the air. It did not appear to be moving at this time, and what caught my eye was how small it was compared to the other clouds as well as how perfectly "white" it appeared. I immediately took more notice and began trying to rationalize what I was seeing.

My home is exactly 5 miles East of this location, and I live directly next to Houston SW Airport. I routinely see smaller aircraft, commercial aircraft from Houston Hobby, and I see fighter jets running patterns out of Ellington AFB too. I know the effects sunlight and distance can play on an aircraft, as I have seen "strange" objects before only to have them be no longer strange after a minute or so more of observation. I am telling you all of this information to do my best in explaining that this was no plane or weather balloon.

After watching this white disc shaped object and rationalizing away that it was not a plane or balloon, I asked my father to start taking notes of what I was seeing. I noted that the object was disc shaped, appeared that the "top" portion of the disc was tilted in my direction and that the bottom portion was tilted SW. At this time I noted it appeared to be moving West towards Missouri City/ Sugaland. It was definitely moving West as I headed South, but began moving more SW and at a faster pace. I noted that it "leveled" off and was no longer tilted, and the speed was definitely quicker as it was now moving further out of sight.

I heard no "jet" engine noises, and there was no contrail. Its movement was not "super" fast as I have seen on some Internet home videos, but it was was obviously fast having gone from what appeared to be a "hover" to having moved well away from me rather quickly. The last I saw of it, it was SW and heading upwards at an exact 45 degree angle where it disappeared from my being able to see it any longer.

Please share your thoughts, this was all in maybe a 4 minute time frame, and I will answer questions as best I can. Thanks,

Rhinopolis

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rhinopolis

• JimOberg

• DONTEATUS

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove Ft. Bend Toll Rd yesterday afternoon, and noticed a Southwest Airlines commercial jet in the sky that was about the same distance from me as what I saw the day before. The object I saw was at least twice as big as the commercial jet.

• Thanks for filing the report with so much useful detail -- direction, angular size, duration. I wish more reports were as detailed -- and as fresh in the mind -- as yours.

I was at home in Galveston County and not observing the sky at that point. I saw nothing in the subsequent Gal Daily News local columns but will look again.

Thank you for the compliment JimOberg, and I wanted to be as descriptive as possible with the ultimate goal being for someone to explain ( if possible ) what I saw. I contacted Houston SW regional airport near my home and 5 miles from the sighting yesterday, and no one reported seeing anything according to whomever I spoke with.

I google searched " cloud UFO's " this morning over coffee, and came across lots of information and videos from people who have witnessed "strange" behaving/looking clouds in the sky but nothing reported in my area.

I have replayed in my own mind what I saw over and over again trying to conceive of a more "rationale" explanation, but one thing is for certain and that is I absolutely saw a flying craft that resembled a disc shaped cloud who made unusual aeronautical maneuvers. I wanted to pull off on to the side of the road to use my iPad to film it, but it all happened too quickly and I decided to watch and observe instead.

I appreciate you chiming in JimOberg, and would very much like to hear from others too.

Too bad Rhino you couldnt snap a pic or video it helps too ! But Like JO replied good observation !

I will be watching that area ( from my open view backyard ) more closely, and with a camera nearby. Just as nother point perhaps worth mentioning, the sighting was in an area known as "Hightower". It is called that because of the 4 or 5 GIANT cell phone towers that are grouped right near eachother. On cloudy days, the tower tops stick up in to the clouds, and they have blinking red lights all over them to warn any approaching aircraft. I've always joked with my fiancé that these towers were really there to lure in UFO's, but never actually thought I would see one nearby!