Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

lucid dream or not?

gizagirl

Ive been trying to have a lucid dream for quite some time now, but not with much success ( and hadnt really been trying too much lately ) A couple days ago, I did have a different kind of dream. As strange as it sounds, I think I had a dream that I was lucid dreaming ( without actually having a lucid dream lol ) I was controlling my dream and had the thoughts that I was in fact lucid dreaming.....but there was no "realization" type feeling that I got in the middle of it ( like "aha!" im dreaming... ) or the dream becoming more vivid. In fact it looked quite normal except I was controlling it ( flying, etc. ) So now im wondering if it was a lucid dream or or not....

Seems like if I did have a lucid dream, I wouldnt have to question it, I would definitely know...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gizagirl

• sarah_444

• CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

• AwakenAscension

Sounds like a few of my lucid dreams. Sometimes I have the big 'Aha!' moment, (usually this happens with the more vivid ones) and other times it seems I gradually feel like i'm becoming aware but it's mixed with the fuzzy dream world which can confuse things somewhat.

But, you were telling yourself you were dreaming (or were aware of being lucid) and controlling some of the dream, so it sounds like it was a lucid dream to me.

Thanks, its helpful to know others have had the same kind of dream....and nice to know it was a lucid dream ( im on my way then! )

Edited by gizagirl

Oops I was daydreaming & pressed the wrong subject, how about that for coincidence. :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Try making a habit of looking at your hands and doing a "reality check" right quick, about 20 times a day. I figured this out when I was trying to lucid dream YEARS ago, when I realized I smoke cigarettes in my dreams.. So I made a habit of this reality check and one day it looked like my hands were melting, then I realized I was in a dream.

Everyone I've told this to has had FAST results. Control takes practice though.