Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you think this is ?

FenderJazzBass

Did you get bored from your last sighting?

I see you have these things happen quite often. ( compared to most )

1st post anyways, here's what happened to me 2 days ago 6:30 am

'Just saw a massive triangle shaped craft hover and stop in the middle of the street about 1 mile away from me. It was shining very, very bright lights down onto me such that the shape of the craft was not visable. It then flew away up into the clouds in a couple seconds. It vanished into the clouds flying 1,000 times faster than anything i've ever witnessed.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230541&st=0&p=4379515entry4379515

• Like 2

Did you get bored from your last sighting?

I see you have these things happen quite often. ( compared to most )

Yes, I recall that thread well. I don't think anyone had a good explanation for what he saw down there in New Orleans.

I've enhanced the colors and played with some filters in GIMP to see if anything else is revealed. I'm telling you, it was the size of a small plane when i first saw it. It didnt' look like a balloon to me. I see many balloons where i live and this didnt look like or move like it. Either believe me or not, i wouldnt waste your time talking about a ballon. Anyway, It moved from one side of the street to the other wobbling. I understand that balloons also wobble but this was different. Trust me. This was not a normal flying object. It was big the size of a small plane and got smaller as i came out of the buildings and up on to the levee for s better view. anyway, i'ev done my job. Made the report. The truth is out there and its more fantastic than i could ever imagine.

To me, it looks like something that has three engines, wings, a tail and possibly even landing gear.

He sure doesnt like hearing that its a balloon lol It looks like a metallic balloon type object flopping around in the sky to me.

Video would of been very helpful ¬.¬

The picture taken with a camera is often very different from what you see with your own eyes. I have this happen every time I try to take a photo of the NYC skyline from my roof. Visually, it doesn't seem that far away but when you take a photo - even fully zoomed - it still looks like it is very far in the distance.

When you have a sighting, words really can't convey or express what you see because you are so exhilarated/excited/disbelieving of what you're seeing.

Based on the photos alone, it looks like a remote controlled object to me, but seeing how the object moved with your own eyes (or even video) is worth more than 100 still photos.

Keep trying, FJB!

the whole sighting lasted 3-4 minutes.

When i first spotted the object it appeared the size of a small plane.

It hovered back and forth while i took a few pictures. I then tried to get up the street toward the levee and get a better view. I stopped a few times trying to get more pictures.

Over the next minute or two, when i stopped trying to walk up the street and get a view of the object for further pictures, the craft seemed farther away. It seemed to be shrinking in size. Over the next minute, i was unable to get a view of the craft. I thought i spotted it, but was unable to establich another view of it. It had vanished. I interviewed a few people and showed them the pictures & nothing.

What bothers me is how quickly it vanished and that it appeared as tho it was shrinking in size flying up and away from me at about 45 degrees above the horizon into the clouds. I did see a large passenger jet flying overhead at about 20 or 30,000 feet. but was unable to see anything else.

The pictures are real. From my view, it looked like it was shining very bright lights, but i couldn't tell what shape it was. the pictures were a surprise to me & 'am baffled as to why the craft seems to change shape unless it was revolving ot turning over upon an axis ? your guess is as good as mine, this is now about sharing any more pictures i get as there are obviously unexplainable, poss highly advanced unknown flying objects or crafts that if, this is true? I'm not the type to let something like this go uninvestigated nor let any questions go unanswered.

it looks like a kids balloon, one of those funny ones you can buy off the guy carrying about 30 at once, you know, the one who you watch to see if he will take off sooner or later if he doesn`t start shifted them.

• Like 1

At first glance, it appeared as if it were a blimp; however, as I looked through the other pictures, it seemed to look like a balloon.

:\

• Like 1

At first glance, it appeared as if it were a blimp; however, as I looked through the other pictures, it seemed to look like a balloon.

:\

That is because... it probably IS a balloon... :hmm:

• Like 1

IMO there's nothing to suggest it was anything other than something balloony.

Fender, purely looking at the photos, what do you see?

Nice to hear from you again, Fender. From the description, it didn't seem to make any quick, sharp turn, so it's hard to say it is something unusual. If it just floated away and out of sight because it get smaller as it get further away, then there's likely an earthly explanation. But i guess we're all just speculating at this point.

It seemed to be turning over or wobbling slowly but was overall stationary. It started to disapear as i approached the clearing. I state being born and raised on airforce bases just to let you know, i have vast amounts of experience with planes. I can tell the difference between a balloon and a plane. I can also tell if there are navigation lights etc. This object didnt have any lights. It wasnt windy. So if it was a baloon, it should have still been there when i reached the levee. Why did it disappear like it did as i approached the clearing to get a better look at it ?

1) Most popular theory so far has been balloon or collection of ballons, or balloon with structure, such as that turtle pic. Well if it was that it disappearing would be quite easy, it popped...

2) Second reasonable threory that goes with the structure of the object would be remote controlled "toy" of some sort, and again disappearing, it crashed or landed under operator's control.

In my opinion it does look like a structured vehlcle of some sort, with wings, engine, etc, atleast looking similar to those things, so I guess it a true UFO, et controlled, doubtful.

It kind of looks like those drones that people were reporting in the early 2000's... strange how these stories just disappear after time...

post-57450-0-02860700-1352695256_thumb.j

It kind of looks like those drones that people were reporting in the early 2000's... strange how these stories just disappear after time...

Yes, and those have been proven to be the product of CGI.

• Like 1

I would advise the OP to stand underneath it, and when the wind drops and it starts to descend, get a pin and pop it, if it pops, its a balloon, if it whisks you inside its a UFO.

Its certainly not the shape of the usual UFO sighting.

My first thought after enlarging the photo was it looks like a model airplane or something. But, I can't gauge the distance or size of the thing.

I can say for certain that the sky was beautiful that day.

In your original posts, you said it was stationary, then you start to say it moved from side to side.

This makes me believe that you are trying to make excuses to yourself so you dismiss the balloon theory.

In my opinion - it's a balloon. The reason it got small as you got closer is because it was deflating.

That's probably why it disappeared IMO.

Looks like one of those mylar baloons you buy at the grocery store that says happy birthday. They are usually silver on one side. I saw one once waaay up in the sky around valentines day, it was spinning around and before i figured out what I was lookiing at it seemed to be flashing silver then red. I watched it for about 3 or 4 minutes before I realized I was looking at a baloon. I think these photos are just a silver baloon.

edit to add: I looked at the pictures then commented. Then i went back and read other comments and see that most agree with me. Of course none of us were there to see how it behaved. Great post though. Good job on you actually posting something original that you yourself experienced. We need more posts like this even though this one is probably a baloon who know what kind of things we may eventually come across?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

thalassinus, that looks nothing like the OPs photo, there are no sharp edges, the only similarity is they are both unmanned.....alledgedly!

thalassinus, that looks nothing like the OPs photo, there are no sharp edges, the only similarity is they are both unmanned.....alledgedly!

The photo you have posted is actually of a weather test plane, where as the OPs photo is of a balloon.........alledgedly

There is sharp edges in pic 2 and 4.

And i only posted that as an example. UAV's come in hundreds of shapes and sizes. Im not saying it is that, it was a suggestion. x

• Like 1

IMO there's nothing to suggest it was anything other than something balloony.

Fender, purely looking at the photos, what do you see?

It looked to me like a solid metalic craft the size of a small plane. I couldnt tell what it was from far away. The pictures show it changing shape, from my view, it was flipping or rotating. It was not a windy day. there was no wind so i dont see how it just vanished. From my view it was moving/ rotating and shining with bright lights. It was close for the 1st few minutes then as i tried to get closer it vanished into the sky. thats it.