Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO: the truth may not be out there after all

Still Waters

You might be surprised how many people get a chuckle out of stuff like this. Spitting from the freeway bridge has stepped up a notch. It's not jus UFOlogy by a long shot. Bigfootery relies on hoaxes to keep alive. Anthropology suffered Piltdown Man, Palaeontology the Brontosaurus, Nessie needs little introduction as one of the biggest hoaxes os all time, The Cottingley Fairies fooled Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Book of Mormon is a religious hoax, The Turk, The Giant of Cardiff, The Feejee mermaid, The Priory of Sion, heck there is quite a list out there outside of UFO circles, and it is a big one.

Don't feel special guys, it's not just you.

It's all good, I am here to make everyone feel better.

av-96580.jpg.jpeg

Whatever floats your boat I guess

Or, we don't report them anywhere because in the end, it just doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Or making the public think there crazy, Its much easier to deal with the ridicule from behind a computer screen because its easier you can choose to ignore it.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Well, I don't care what the article says.

All I have to do is look at the beautiful Hubble pictures of the billions of galaxies and I am totally certain that there are thriving civilizations out there that we may never, ever know about.

Well said

Why did you use to do hoaxes?

At the time I was only 14, so it was fun to fool people, and because I believed in the stuff so much I wanted to know how easy it was to fake stuff. I did a bunch of different ones like UFO photos, videos, ghosts, bigfoot, crop circles, etc. I had universities and professors examine my photos and conclude they where real, when they where just models hanging from fishing line. haha

Now that I know all the tricks of the trade, I expose other peoples hoaxes. Makes research a lot easier when you can almost instantly spot a fake.

Edited by AlienDan
  • Like 2

At the time I was only 14, so it was fun to fool people, and because I believed in the stuff so much I wanted to know how easy it was to fake stuff. I did a bunch of different ones like UFO photos, videos, ghosts, bigfoot, crop circles, etc. I had universities and professors examine my photos and conclude they where real, when they where just models hanging from fishing line. haha

Now that I know all the tricks of the trade, I expose other peoples hoaxes. Makes research a lot easier when you can almost instantly spot a fake.

That makes sense I guess LIke i said earlier whatever floats your boat...Do you actually believe we are being visited though? Do you believe theres life out there?

That makes sense I guess LIke i said earlier whatever floats your boat...Do you actually believe we are being visited though? Do you believe theres life out there?

Through my experience, I have come to learn that no body knows something as good as someone who truly knows it. A psychiatrist does not understand someone with a panic disorder as well as someone who has a panic disorder. If you want to research UFOs, you have to be able to filter through the bull****, and nobody can do this better than someone who has created bull**** them self. I see so many researchers make mistakes simply because they lack knowledge of what is fake.

And yes I think aliens real, it's almost impossible that they arent just by sheer size of the universe and stars, but I'm on the fence about whether they've visited. I think they probably have, but I can't say 100% for sure.

• Like 1

Through my experience, I have come to learn that no body knows something as good as someone who truly knows it. A psychiatrist does not understand someone with a panic disorder as well as someone who has a panic disorder. If you want to research UFOs, you have to be able to filter through the bull****, and nobody can do this better than someone who has created bull**** them self. I see so many researchers make mistakes simply because they lack knowledge of what is fake.

And yes I think aliens real, it's almost impossible that they arent just by sheer size of the universe and stars, but I'm on the fence about whether they've visited. I think they probably have, but I can't say 100% for sure.

That makes sense , a person doesnt really know what the pain from a gunshot feels like unless they've actually been shot. What do you think of abduction cases, do you think there just lying or hallucinated it?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Your sighting sounds like Iridium flares - which can be checked for your location online

oohhh wow thankx .. i never knew that ! .. i always though those were UFO's ! lol okay now i know those things are not ufo's

now my sighting will drop with 90% .. so 90% of what i have always seen can be explained with Iridium flares ! snif snif i want them to be ufo's :(

but those 10 % i m sure its not from this earth ..

those flares that i described are nothing like that iridium flares.. because those things weren't moving ! and they were on the same high as clouds.

<<< i hate to admit snif snif snif ! Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Like Gods you mean.

People used to think they sat in the clouds watching earth.

lol yea like gods .. whatever you wanna name them ! :D

Calm down Big Fella, I say if Trowbridge, Marcel, and the deputy base commander DuBose say it 'twasn't a weather balloon, well that's plenty, plenty, good enough for me. Good day.

No worries, it is a touchy subject. I have put a lot of research into it over the years. Seems like a good bet on the surface. But it's also a bit like the ocean. The deeper you get, the darker, more cold, and muddy it gets. But on the surface it is all bright and sparkly.

According to the official statement left by Irving Newton, Marcel pointed at balloon wreckage and said that is the alien spaceship. And Irving Newton was the base meteorologist who sent these things up on a regular basis. Personally I think that casts doubt on Marcels claim. But I digress. In any case it is hearsay, and I think the article is a personal view to be honest.

Edited by psyche101

Whatever floats your boat I guess

Amazing what amuses some isn't it. But it does illustrate that hoaxing is far from rare.

What do you think of abduction cases, do you think there just lying or hallucinated it?

I used to, but since they can't be proved no disproved, I'm undecided. A lot of them probably are people lying or hallucinating (sleep paralysis). but theres some cases that are quiete interesting and unexplainable. So I'm not sure.

But a few cases with contactees like billier meir and george adamski, I know are hoaxed. Where they really contacted? possibly, but all their evidence such as photos and videos have been debunked.

I used to, but since they can't be proved no disproved, I'm undecided. A lot of them probably are people lying or hallucinating (sleep paralysis). but theres some cases that are quiete interesting and unexplainable. So I'm not sure.

But a few cases with contactees like billier meir and george adamski, I know are hoaxed. Where they really contacted? possibly, but all their evidence such as photos and videos have been debunked.

Okay I was just curious

THe only God`s are the ones that grace the Bill`s there printed on ,Like Washington,Franklin,Jefferson, Thats what drives this Topic !and Industry !

Well, I don't care what the article says.

All I have to do is look at the beautiful Hubble pictures of the billions of galaxies and I am totally certain that there are thriving civilizations out there that we may never, ever know about.

Most people would agree with you on this. But the question here is if ET has found Earth and are here buzzing the locals.

I dont see any evidence of that.

With the universe being so massive it truly makes me wonder sometimes whether earth really is the diamond in the rough or the only planet with these characteristics.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to assert that no extraterrestrial civilizations supersede our technological capability based on the lack of "UFO" sightings in our own atmosphere, which belongs to a planet that is a mere tip of a pin in terms of this gargantuan universe.

At the same time, we really have no evidence in reinforcement of the contrary; what if we really ARE the only intelligent species in the universe? While it is highly improbable, it does not enter the realms of extreme impossibility.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to assert that no extraterrestrial civilizations supersede our technological capability based on the lack of "UFO" sightings in our own atmosphere, which belongs to a planet that is a mere tip of a pin in terms of this gargantuan universe.

At the same time, we really have no evidence in reinforcement of the contrary; what if we really ARE the only intelligent species in the universe? While it is highly improbable, it does not enter the realms of extreme impossibility.

Yeah there could be civilizations out there that are just as advanced as us, I mean not every possible ET would have to be more advanced than us. Or they could be just a couple of years ahead of us in technology. But to assume that all ET life is more advanced than us is a leap IMO.

Yeah there could be civilizations out there that are just as advanced as us, I mean not every possible ET would have to be more advanced than us. Or they could be just a couple of years ahead of us in technology. But to assume that all ET life is more advanced than us is a leap IMO.

There's probably many planets out there with nothing more than primitive algaes, lichens, ferns, single and multicell organisms. Just a giant solar powered compost heap where the most intelligence is in worms.

It would still be a thrill to find one.

very much so, but I think we could assume that anyone from anywhere outside this Solar system that manages to visit us on a regular basis would have to be.

very much so, but I think we could assume that anyone from anywhere outside this Solar system that manages to visit us on a regular basis would have to be.

well yeah that would go without saying but I wonder why people dont believe these things are coming in from different dimensions. Interdimensional biengs I mean in my opinion that would make more sense then crossing vast distances of space.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 1