Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts are real.

Zeta Reticulum

My brother was lost at sea when he was 15 and I was 10. he used to skid his bike handles down the side of our house when he came home.

The noise of this continued to happen after he was gone.

He had a specific knock that he used to use when he came to the front door to get in.

This knock continued to happen.... witnessed by me and my mother and others... nobody there.

Another house.... manually operated click switch radio turning itself on in the middle of the night and being up very LOUD.

Hard and loud knocking from under the floorboards where there was a completely sealed garage underneath ... nobody there.

Dont try to tell me this is all imagined or made up.... there are others too...

• Like 2

he is just trying to make contact, so you know he can see you and let you know he is ok.. talk to him.. let him know you know he is with you.. thats all he wants.. i doubt he is trying to scare you..

what about dreams??

• Like 2

My one problem with these stories is that just just because you can't explain it, it doesn't mean that it's unexplainable.

Edited by Bracket
  • Like 6

If I was a ghost I'd write a note or say something or do something more useful than scrap my handle bars and knock on doors.

Obviously I'm not and dont know how being dead works, but if you can turn on a radio and knock on a door, why can't you pick up a pen?

If I was a ghost I'd write a note or say something or do something more useful than scrap my handle bars and knock on doors.

Obviously I'm not and dont know how being dead works, but if you can turn on a radio and knock on a door, why can't you pick up a pen?

or make a skype call.. lol..

• Like 1

My brother was lost at sea when he was 15 and I was 10. he used to skid his bike handles down the side of our house when he came home.

He had a specific knock that he used to use when he came to the front door to get in.

This knock continued to happen.... witnessed by me and my mother and others... nobody there.

Another house.... manually operated click switch radio turning itself on in the middle of the night and being up very LOUD.

Hard and loud knocking from under the floorboards where there was a completely sealed garage underneath ... nobody there.

only just read about the stereo.. that for me was always the easiest of all, for them (spirits) to mess with.. turning it up full ball.. i know they are just messing, but it can be quite scary..

I believe u.

Saw my sister after she died she seemed really happy she also died as a child. Don't worry about people telling u it's just something u have imagined they say that because they have not experienced this kind of thing.

This is interesting.

I'm not sure I believe in 'ghosts' but I've always said I don't want to find out if it means getting the pants scared off me. Maybe some are trying to get a message across the only way they can but also not to cause too much distress for the people they love.

Ofcourse, another theory could be that you loved your brother a lot and your brain has created moments for you as a way of coping with the loss of him in your life (even years after when you aren't consciously thinking about him). Our brains are wonderful and complicated and can never be underestimated.

The important thing is that you feel what you feel when these moments occur. Love is mighty powerful stuff :yes:

Not really seeing anything about a ghost in this.

Unexplained sounds, yes. But that's about it.

• Like 1

That's very interesting about the unique knock, it's not something that can be easily explained with an alternative answer. I know what Sunny Day is getting at and the subconscious can be very stealthy and protective when it comes to dealing with trauma and comfort but two people in the same household experiencing such an event (presuming it was recurrent) is certainly a powerful piece of evidence, obviously taking your word that it occurred.

This is just one of many of proof.

Now just need to study, research, and document ghosts so that we can learn about it/them...There may be useful applications by do that.

How do you know hes not malevolent ? Maybe its just playing right now but it will ramp up soon

Sorry for you loss he is telling you that he is in a better place

he is just trying to make contact, so you know he can see you and let you know he is ok..

How exactly do you know that banging on doors and floorboards and turning up radios very loud means that the spirit making the racket is trying to tell you he's in a better place or that he's ok? Perhaps he's trying to communicate the exact opposite.

Maybe he's trapped in this world and is bored and annoying people on purpose. Perhaps he wants to tell you he's in a worse place. Or he knows what next week's lottery numbers are and is desperately trying to encode the numbers into the knocking patterns he's using because he can't communicate any other way.

Nope, it's always a warm comfy vague message about being in a "better place".

Edited by Archimedes

Maybe you're one of the lucky ones who received a messege from beyond? My father and I were very close, and we always had a phrase that would tell me he was visiting *Like Houdini did with his wife* but to this day, almost five years later, I haven't had but one dream the day of his funeral..and that was just a short quip where he ran in my house and hugged me. Other then that, nothing. Could be explainable, maybe your brother..nobody can obviously tell you what exactly =-(