Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sighting, central England 15 years ago.

Stan937

Greetings.

I am looking for plausible explanations of what myself and 3 passengers in my car witnessed along the A14 road between USAF Molesworth and Thrapston, Northamptonshire about 15 years ago.

I was driving Westwards at about 75/80 mph when we all noticed a white, circular light ahead but to the left of the road. It seemed to be keep equi-distant to the car and moving up and down as if following the lay of the land. We all saw it for about 5 minutes and then it suddenly turned red and seemed to dive groundwards and then disappear. We had one window down but did not hear any sound.

When the light was white, it was brilliant white, crisp and circular. It seemed to eminate light without seeming to cast light anywhere else. It cretainly looked artificial, as if the light were coming out of a lens or something.

I have also read on the web someone else having a similar experience in Sussex, England that same year.

If anyone wants to ask any questions, please don't hesitate.

Many thanks for any help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stan937

• synchronomy

• Ashotep

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you aware of anyone else witnessing the light from a different vantage point?

What would you estimate was the distance between you and the light, and what was it's apparent size?

Do you have an estimated altitude?

Since you mention USAF Molesworth, I was thinking perhaps military aircraft, but according to my research the base ceased air operations back in the 70's. A Google satellite image appears to show an old runway being used as a parking lot (carpark).

I suppose it's possible that helicopter flights to and from occur.

It's common for UFO sightings to describe lights as focussed and not illuminating their surroundings or casting a "glow".

Hi, although the light appeared to be slightly smaller than a full moon, I couldnt estimate size, altitude or distance - sorry.

And I don't know if anyone else saw it, at least other than the other car passengers.

Are you aware of anyone else witnessing the light from a different vantage point?

What would you estimate was the distance between you and the light, and what was it's apparent size?

Do you have an estimated altitude?

Since you mention USAF Molesworth, I was thinking perhaps military aircraft, but according to my research the base ceased air operations back in the 70's. A Google satellite image appears to show an old runway being used as a parking lot (carpark).

I suppose it's possible that helicopter flights to and from occur.

It's common for UFO sightings to describe lights as focussed and not illuminating their surroundings or casting a "glow".

Edited by Stan937

You'll just have to chalk this up to one of life's little mysteries. Since it happened so long ago it will be hard to determine what it was.