Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama threatens ‘Judeo-Christian values'

questionmark

On a conference call Sunday, republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan aimed to energize evangelical voters by laying out the stakes of the election in dramatic, religious terms.

Obama’s policies on health care and religious freedom are a “dangerous path,” Ryan, a Catholic, told members of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, according to the New York Times. “It’s a path that grows government, restricts freedom and liberty and compromises those values, those Judeo-Christian, Western civilization values that made us such a great and exceptional nation in the first place.”

Ryan noted that members of his church sued the Obama administration over a mandate that most employers cover contraception.

Read more

I guess he meant mostly the value" Giveth unto the rich what you taketh from the poor" or something like that ...

• Like 3

Give them time and they will figure out a way to blame Obama for Christs crucifixion.

• Like 5

Give them time and they will figure out a way to blame Obama for Christs crucifixion.

Didn't you know, his Roman name was Longinus. :w00t:

cormac

• Like 2

He was there! I read it in the bible. :yes:

• Like 1

he also once kicked a small puppy. :(

• Like 1

isn't the name "Faith and Freedom Coalition" ironic, seeing how much these loons want everyone to follow their particular, peculiar interpretation of their holy book?

• Like 9

Obama's policies are restricting your freedom! Meanwhile, republicans only want to stop your right to contraception, and abortion, and your ability to choose whom you marry, and your access to affordable healthcare and...

• Like 7

I remember the bible story that John tells us where a sick person begs Christ to heal them, and christ tells them to get bent and go get their own health insurance.

• Like 4

Well, that shouldn't be a problem for Obama, then.

After all, he can lay hands on the sick and heal them himself, what with him being the Second Coming and all.

Harte

• Like 3

wow, what a completely worthless contribution to the discussion.

• Like 2

Funny how the Conservatives labelled that 'second coming crap', and then act like Libs were saying it all along.

Ryan just found a clever way to call Obama a muslim is all.

I never could understand how a person who professes and USES his/her faith on the election circuit can then cut the very programs that would help their fellow 'christians'. Where is the disconnect? It is the utmost in hypocritical actions.

• Like 1

wow, what a completely worthless contribution to the discussion.

I don't know about that, the way Obama's been presented internationally, his followers are shown to look upon him like a messiah.

• Like 2

I don't know about that, the way Obama's been presented internationally, his followers are shown to look upon him like a messiah.

So it isn't just me, Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno, David Letterman,...etc who see this?

GET RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS!!!

I'm Canadian and I don't have a CLUE what religion our political leaders follow, if any. It doesn't come up at election time.

• Like 2

I'm Canadian and I don't have a CLUE what religion our political leaders follow, if any. It doesn't come up at election time.

Must be nice.

• Like 1

GET RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS!!!

Sorry but if you read and understand the Bible and our founding fathers it is our christian duty to be involved in politics.

and furthermore if it wasn't for the great awakening and what was preached from the pulpit in the 1700's you wouldn't have the freedom to cry "GET RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS"

a little research goes along way.

Sorry but if you read and understand the Bible and our founding fathers it is our christian duty to be involved in politics.

and furthermore if it wasn't for the great awakening and what was preached from the pulpit in the 1700's you wouldn't have the freedom to cry "GET RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS"

It can, but it seems not to have, in your case. The founding fathers were not christians.

This may come as a shock to you, but it's not the 1700's anymore. Your "christian duty" has no place in the 21st century. Keep your desert nomad's god out of politics.

• Like 3

Someone can be driven by a religious principle (what Miskantonic is saying) but not be driven by religion (what Imaginary wants). For example, I am Catholic, but I do not have to invoke Catholic principles in my dealings with people, while the morality grown out of that belief system will inevitably play a role in those dealings. The Founding Fathers believed in certain principles, many of which came from their beliefs in Higher Powers and in the teachings found in the Bible, but they did not bring that religious belief into their actions in founding America, they kept their religion(s) out but brought their beliefs to the table. They didn't force their beliefs upon others, despite what those beliefs may have entailed (ie evangalisation or a stance on certain matters).

You can be a Christian and break bread with someone who is a Muslim and not mention religion once, despite what BOTH belief systems say about how yo deal with people of a different faith. That's what Imaginary wants - however it's impossible to fully take the religion out of the equation, as it's part of what makes the person in politics the person they are.

Edited by Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

It can, but it seems not to have, in your case. The founding fathers were not christians.

This may come as a shock to you, but it's not the 1700's anymore. Your "christian duty" has no place in the 21st century. Keep your desert nomad's god out of politics.

*Snip*

not christian? does benjamin rush, patrick henry ring any bells *Snip* .

do alittle research outside of a textbook you might be suprised what you find.

but why bother responding to you? *Snip*.

Edited by Karlis
Deleted ad hominem phrases

*Snip*

not christian? does benjamin rush, patrick henry ring any bells *Snip* .

do alittle research outside of a textbook you might be suprised what you find.

but why bother responding to you? *Snip*.

Like I said, they were Christian but the Founding Fathers didn't Found a Christian Nation.

Edited by Karlis
  • Like 2

Obama isn't a idiot for saying that.

Most people are in the hole when it comes to cash. Why shouldn't they have an option to get proper healthcare? It's not the he is enforcing everybody to the same healthcare he just want to raise the bar a bit. It's ok rich guys you'll still have better healthcare then the poor folk and the minorities.

Heck if they understood what they read in the bible they would come to the same conclusion. You know that whole free-will concept. We had to make America the whole land of freedom and liberty for the people who can't understand that. Had to change a few choice words (Free-will---->Freedom)to keep the concept of choice and free-will and not p*** people off who didn't understand.

Keep ad hominem remarks out of posts, please.

Karlis -- mod team member.

Hey Karlis, you're an Australian. Do you have a clue what your political leaders religious beliefs are, or care?

By that logic Greeks should still worship Zeus.

They were the first to conceive democracy on which all others were founded upon, no?

Edited by Likely Guy