Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clear video of UFO's responding to lasers

uprize

thanks....well to me the first part isn't in the OP...using the 'flashing white triangle' as a guide.

then the triangle with the lights come into it and that is in the OP video.

so this must be a mixture of footage?

Just wanted to clear that up as I thought I was missing it. But it wasn't there.

cheers

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that the 3 lights which disappeared immediately before that section were in the video(s) I linked, only the night vision footage with 5 objects in formation (notice the green tint...) ;)

This footage was covered by Fact of Faked: Paranormal Files in Season 1, Episode 7 by the way. It's available on Netflix if anyone is interested in finding out what they thought it was...

I was guessing a low altitude. If you assume a higher altitude, then the deviation of the formation would just be further laterally.

The stills I provided are between about 4:45 - 5:10 .

you must have dug sooooo deep to find those screen shots..... ^_^

That triangle holds fine. There may be split seconds (literally) a couple of times? when minute movement from the camera may create a miniscule

'deviation'....or another light comes flashing past near the triangle and looks for a split second that it's part of it.

Or have you considered some momentary atmospheric affect?

The best thing to do with screen shots is leave the time on at the bottom. Then there can be no question about it.

Because without the time on the screen there is a question.

cheers

• Like 1

I'm still convinced that we're looking at birds in this one.

Thanks for the GIF booN, it does show that the lights aren't static in relation to one another. There is enough variation with the distance between lights as well as their configuration to conclude that this wasn't a single object (Phoenix lights anyone? :P). I don't know if it was birds or not although that is probably a good bet. :tu:

• Like 1

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that the 3 lights which disappeared immediately before that section were in the video(s) I linked, only the night vision footage with 5 objects in formation (notice the green tint...) ;)

you mean the green tint throughout your whole video? Yes I noticed that...... :)

I think we can toss in the military's experimental hologram explanation here, too.

Maybe a flying hotel or two as well? :whistle:

What a load. I see these things every night on a clear night. They are satellites passing over in orbit. And keep in mind, night vision amplifies the light, so they aren't really as big to the naked eye as they are in this video. And them going bright is usually reflections from the light reflected from the moon. I literally see these every night when I look up (not in the city but out in the country), and Nixon is right about the flares. I've seen the same thing before.

Thanks for the GIF booN, it does show that the lights aren't static in relation to one another. There is enough variation with the distance between lights as well as their configuration to conclude that this wasn't a single object (Phoenix lights anyone? :P). I don't know if it was birds or not although that is probably a good bet. :tu:

I hope you're not a gambling man.. S2F.....? Because that is a really bad bet.... :D

you mean the green tint throughout your whole video? Yes I noticed that...... :)

It's in the OP video too...

I hope you're not a gambling man.. S2F.....? Because that is a really bad bet.... :D

Why do you think that bee? Haven't you seen night vision footage of birds before?

Thankfully, I'm not. :tu:

I do think it is a plausible explanation though as I don't see how it could be a singular object. What do we know of that flies in a delta formation? Planes and birds. I don't think it was planes.

After seeing this stabilized version, I'm not so sure about the bird conclusion anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiwcB0CrhHw

Unfortunately he didn't stabilize the entire clip, but the portion he did do looks pretty locked into formation to me.

Edit to add:

Even though the video says that it was from Dublin in 2010, it's clearly the same footage from Fremont, CA in 2008.

It makes me wonder if the Fact or Faked team got this one right. Their conclusion is in the spoiler, just in case anybody feels like watching it for themselves.

They came to the conclusion that it was probably a hang glider with LED lights mounted on it. Even did a pretty good re-creation video of it. They might be right.

Edited by booNyzarC

After seeing this stabilized version, I'm not so sure about the bird conclusion anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiwcB0CrhHw

Unfortunately he didn't stabilize the entire clip, but the portion he did do looks pretty locked into formation to me.

Dangit booN! Now I have to re-evaluate my position! <_<:lol:

Edited by Slave2Fate

LOL, I know man. I'm in the same boat! :P

Fair enough, in light of new evidence it is what we always ask the believers to do. I have no problem admitting I was mistaken.

It does appear to be a singular craft from the stabilized vid. Running lights on a plane/jet/drone maybe?

Fair enough, in light of new evidence it is what we always ask the believers to do. I have no problem admitting I was mistaken.

It does appear to be a singular craft from the stabilized vid. Running lights on a plane/jet/drone maybe?

Adjusting and re-evaluating is all part of the learning and discovery process in my opinion. I've changed my mind about many cases based on new and/or better information.

I actually think that the Fact or Faked team might have nailed it. Did you see my post after it was edited? I think you may have been in the process of replying while I was adding the following:

Edit to add:

Even though the video says that it was from Dublin in 2010, it's clearly the same footage from Fremont, CA in 2008.

It makes me wonder if the Fact or Faked team got this one right. Their conclusion is in the spoiler, just in case anybody feels like watching it for themselves.

They came to the conclusion that it was probably a hang glider with LED lights mounted on it. Even did a pretty good re-creation video of it. They might be right.

Edit to add GIF of the Fact or Faked comparison experiment. Pretty good match I'd say. Check the spoiler in the above quote to see what this is actually footage of.

FactOrFakedHangGlider.gif

Edited by booNyzarC
  • Like 1

I doubt it could be birds because the formation is too tight.

Here is a clip showing an actual bird formation using IR and one can see that the birds break formation constantly:

[media=]

[/media]

On the other hand, the movement of what appears to be a delta object is too "nomal" to be considered "other-worldly". In other words, our own technology can perfectly reproduce this movement. I think the Fact or Faked team got this one right.

Adjusting and re-evaluating is all part of the learning and discovery process in my opinion. I've changed my mind about many cases based on new and/or better information.

I actually think that the Fact or Faked team might have nailed it. Did you see my post after it was edited? I think you may have been in the process of replying while I was adding the following:

Edit to add GIF of the Fact or Faked comparison experiment. Pretty good match I'd say. Check the spoiler in the above quote to see what this is actually footage of.

you go from...'might have nailed it'....to 'see what this footage actually is.'.......huh.... :wacko:

well I have tracked down the 'Fact or Faked' episode that you have put such faith in....

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5Za5bUlJU[/media]

A MAJOR problem is that at the beginning of the section on the triangle UFO...the person who took the footage says that

it was going a lot faster than a commercial plane or a private plane.

(and in the OP video it is clear that it's going fast)

The 'team' seem to conveniently forget this when they try out their lame experiments.

What a rubbish programme that is...jeeeezus booN...I can't believe you are using it for evidence.

Edited by bee

I wonder if this person also shines lasers at planes.

Hi uprize.

There are several things in this video, but I'm afraid none of them are extraterrestrial. The objects filmed include common satellites, iridium flares, bugs, birds, illumination flares (Iraq video), and even airplanes (part of Alison Kruse's portion).

What are iridium flares?

I agree; beware the casual critique syndrome. Drives me up the wall.

I don't mind critisism or critique, that is why I posed this video, to hear everyones feedback.

But I do mind when people post comments when they dont watch the video.

Couldn't agree more.

For one thing, laser pointers are NOT visible from outer space. The effect is cool when one is pointed at objects, however, at best the beam dissipates to near zero within a few hundred feet.

Laser pointers - yes.

Lasers - NO!

There are powerful lasers capable of shining light for many kilometers. You hear reports of people shining them at planes all the time.

Please dont insult everyone as propose these are laser pointers!

Also can someone explain the 'power-up' flashes of lights that are shown in several spots in the video?

you go from...'might have nailed it'....to 'see what this footage actually is.'.......huh.... :wacko:

I'm not sure wherein lies the confusion here bee. I wasn't referring to the original UFO video when I used the words 'see what this footage actually is.' I was referring to the GIF that I was adding with that edit. That's what the GIF was from, their footage shown at the end of the show... So yes, the animated GIF I added with that edit was exactly what I said it was.

well I have tracked down the 'Fact or Faked' episode that you have put such faith in....

*snipped vid*

A MAJOR problem is that at the beginning of the section on the triangle UFO...the person who took the footage says that

it was going a lot faster than a commercial plane or a private plane.

(and in the OP video it is clear that it's going fast)

The 'team' seem to conveniently forget this when they try out their lame experiments.

They didn't ignore him at all.

The apparent speed of object(s) is relative to their size and distance from the observer. If you watch a plane fly by at 30000 feet, and a smaller object much closer to you crosses your field of view, the smaller object may well give the appearance of being faster than the plane even if it isn't (example... a bug 10 feet away from you will appear to outpace the plane). Likewise, an object flying or even gliding at 100 or 200 feet can seem to be going faster than it actually is if the observer is under the impression that it is much larger and much further away, as can easily be the case when the observation amounts to nothing more than light sources.

What a rubbish programme that is...jeeeezus booN...I can't believe you are using it for evidence.

I don't always agree with their conclusions about things bee, but on this occasion I don't see how anyone can say that they didn't produce a damn good match to the original video while remaining true to the observation made by the witness of there being no sound.

Also can someone explain the 'power-up' flashes of lights that are shown in several spots in the video?

What 'power-up' flashes of lights? Please specify time frames.