Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

woman ordered to wear 'idiot' sign

glorybebe

In the USA ,the following things are illegal :

Passing a school bus,AT ALL,while children are embarking,or debarking

Driving on the sidewalk .

Both are moving violations,which can lose you your drivers license . You don't get jail time for it,unless you kill someone .

I wasn't talking about 'prison time'. I was meaning that the cops could have arrested her on a friday late afternoon and kept her in a cell without the comforts of prison, or visitors or anyone to talk to, or a smoke until monday morning when a Judge can verbally kick her backside. The cops here in the UK use this technique on folk they would love to punch, but I thought it was universal.

Considering that she no longer has punishment of any sort.. If she was offered a choice - Impounding her car and loss of licence ... OR wear an idiot sign for a couple of days...What do you think she would plump for?

If I was so stupid and did what she did....and I had to choose? I would wear the sign a lot faster than have my good car impounded and my licence suspended.. In fact, I would be grateful my car and licence were not touched...

The punishments of having her license taken and her car impounded.. would seem a lot harsher than wearing an idiot sign for a short spell.. I am willing to bet she was glad she got off lightly..

I really do not understand how anyone can call getting off lightly by only having to wear a sign for a short time, rather than facing stronger punishments from the law.. is wrong... The punishment might be a tad humiliating, ( then again so is community service ) .. but I think she was glad it was not anything worse..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

She shouldn't have been given a choice.

They should have impounded her car and taken her license.

Keep that loser off the road IMO.

• Like 2

She shouldn't have been given a choice.

They should have impounded her car and taken her license.

Keep that loser off the road IMO.

It is only a matter of time before she drives like an idiot again. Bad habits just about always start creeping back in and since this woman thinks only of herself...

• Like 1

From the article... - "She did this almost every day last year," Kelley said. "She won't stop laughing. She's not remorseful, she laughed at every court appearance. She's still laughing, so she needs to be humiliated like this."

It seems to me she wont find it funny again .. She must have thought her actions were funny ..sad woman

My opinion still stand, she deserved the sign... BUT I don't understand why they needed a camera and people around her? Either way, she shouldn't have laughed at every court appearance and she could have shown some remorse.. If she had of, maybe she wouldn't have to hold the sign

From the article... - "She did this almost every day last year," Kelley said. "She won't stop laughing. She's not remorseful, she laughed at every court appearance. She's still laughing, so she needs to be humiliated like this."

It seems to me she wont find it funny again .. She must have thought her actions were funny ..sad woman

My opinion still stand, she deserved the sign... BUT I don't understand why they needed a camera and people around her? Either way, she shouldn't have laughed at every court appearance and she could have shown some remorse.. If she had of, maybe she wouldn't have to hold the sign

can't a person be cited for contempt of court for laughing during the proceedings?

i really feel this woman should lose her driver's license permanently. she won't care about the sign. it's a big joke to her probably.

she is a danger to others, not a spectacle to leer at on the corner.

• Like 1

can't a person be cited for contempt of court for laughing during the proceedings?

i really feel this woman should lose her driver's license permanently. she won't care about the sign. it's a big joke to her probably.

she is a danger to others, not a spectacle to leer at on the corner.

I agree. If she couldn't take it seriously, then she needs something more drastic than the sign to wake her up to the danger that she put those children, not to mention pedestrians and other drivers in.

• Like 2

I agree with both of you JGirl and Glorybebe

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/14/judge-supervision-for-idiot-sign_n_2128858.html

Her smirking attitude is p***ing people off,no end. Her license was suspended,and she was fined ,plus the idiot sign,and she's still snickering like a fool .

She really is an idiot .

• Like 1

Maybe it would be justice to remove her privilege to drive for a year. She obviously is dangerously immature and rather spiteful in her arrogance.

• Like 2

Maybe she should be publicly flogged, live on TV.

Hey,they did it in Singapore,to a kid,for chewing gum . This is nothing compared to that .

Maybe it would be justice to remove her privilege to drive for a year. She obviously is dangerously immature and rather spiteful in her arrogance.

a year? if she can't learn from this and stands there like it is nothing....a permanent ban is what she deserves, IMO

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From what I am reading, it is the courts who really are at fault here if they knew she had done this sort of thing numerous times.

Trying to cow someone into dog-like submission (like we do to kids on a near daily basis) won't do anything so she should have had her license revoked for at least six months as well as her license.

It sounds to me like this woman has some mental issues and the courts seem to trying to cover up their ineptness by trying to implement something that really doesn't work.

Everyone was at fault.

• Like 1

The judge must have a horrible sense of fashion ordering someone to wear a sign like this.

Labelling others has also reached an all time high and is rapidly becoming a problem.

That our own judiciary is involved reveals an ironic lack of wisdom among that whole branch of government.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 1