Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Restarted nightlight with hand energy

SpiritWriter

I was in the bathroom and I heard buzzing coming out of the light bulb inside of a nightlight. I was thinking about energy at that moment, and a post I had read on this site about energy in your hand. As soon as I thought this thought the light went out and in my mind I knew I could restart it with my energy. I know that this is NOT a big deal, anybody could do it, but I remembered the post, and I remember whoever said the thing about a glowing ball of energy in your hand that you could actually see or perceive (meaning in all actuality it is really there), so I focused my energy and made the light go in and out and I actually did feel my hands get warm.

Thanks for the Science lesson UM

:)

It is "possible", via static electricity. to make certain bulbs glow slightly.

I mean no offense here but really have difficulty accepting that this all "just" happened with no practice or anything.

But..whatever...if you say it happened then I guess it must have.

The thing about it is that I KNEW I would be able to do it. I just got the impression that it was going to happen. I think thats part of the reason why it worked.

Once I needed the heimlich manuver. Even though I was choking I knew I wasn't going to die. I knew some how I was going to get the heimlich manuver done on me and as soon as I thought that someone came and pumped my chest once and I spit out the 'cheetoh' lol, I had in my throat. It was the same kind of thing, I just knew it - and then it happened....

but really I don't think its that big of a deal, I just went over there and did it again. Its just like when you put your hands on an antenna to brighten the vision on your tv screen...

Not sure what to make of this .......

• Like 1

I've had the filament in bulbs break before and got more life out of the bulb by gently flicking it with my finger until the ends of the filament were touching again. It was likely something like this that happend, you touched the bulb and the broken ends of the filament touched completing the circuit.

• Like 1

What OverSword described has happened to me also. My nightlight bulb is doing this right now, guess I will change it.

It turned out to be no great mystery at all. The nightlight was light sensitive so when I put my hand over it, I blocked the sensor from the light and then it flickered back on lol... :D :D

It's still scientific though...

• Like 1