Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religious beliefs and the election

Magicjax

That's my point of view, also. I didn't want Romney to get in because of these issues. I thought that it would mean a horrible future for women in the US if he was voted in.

When they voted against women's rights...they shot themselves in the foot..

When they voted against women's rights...they shot themselves in the foot..

Yup, and I can't understand how they didn't see it. They really must think women can't think for themselves.

Yup, and I can't understand how they didn't see it. They really must think women can't think for themselves.

It looks to me like Romney and Ryan cannot think much at all.. I am willing to bet, that they shifted a good number of republican women away from them too...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Yes, because the US only hit recession when Obama was elected...Obama and his big ideas on going to war in Iraq .. Didn't anyone tell Obama that going to war will be costly? Silly man lol

Am I missing something here? Bush was president when we invaded Iraq and he used 9/11 as the excuse for declaring war. That's pretty much historical fact. One of the reasons I voted for Obama was that he promised to get us OUT of Iraq. If our military are going to lay down their lives for us we better be sure the cause if worthy. And If memory serves, the first auto industry bailout occurred while Bush was president, and the tax refunds given during his last 4 years was money borrowed from the Chinese, both indications that the economy was already tanking. This is from a Fox News online article about the bailout, which pretty clearly details the state of the economy pre-Obama. : The White House package is the lifeline desperately sought by U.S. automakers, who warned they were running out of money as the economy fell deeper into recession, car loans became scarce and consumers stopped shopping for cars.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/19/federal-government-loan-automakers-b/#ixzz2BtgPMkVI

Am I missing something here? Bush was president when we invaded Iraq and he used 9/11 as the excuse for declaring war. That's pretty much historical fact. One of the reasons I voted for Obama was that he promised to get us OUT of Iraq. If our military are going to lay down their lives for us we better be sure the cause if worthy. And If memory serves, the first auto industry bailout occurred while Bush was president, and the tax refunds given during his last 4 years was money borrowed from the Chinese, both indications that the economy was already tanking. This is from a Fox News online article about the bailout, which pretty clearly details the state of the economy pre-Obama. : The White House package is the lifeline desperately sought by U.S. automakers, who warned they were running out of money as the economy fell deeper into recession, car loans became scarce and consumers stopped shopping for cars.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...b/#ixzz2BtgPMkVI

Yes you did miss something, BM was throwing in a bit of "sarcasm" but thanks for adding some details, amazing how many folk have conveniently forgotten them. :tu:

• Like 1

I vote based on ideology, not myth and faerytales.

isn't that the same thing? TBH, Ideology has done every bit as much harm in the world as Religion ever has, if you ask me.

Yes you did miss something, BM was throwing in a bit of "sarcasm" but thanks for adding some details, amazing how many folk have conveniently forgotten them. :tu:

Thanks for clueing me in. Sorry, BM, should have known better, you with your common sense and sense of humor. These days people believe so many ridiculous things it's hard to differentiate sarcasm from an alternate reality. Yeah, people do have short memories, don't they? It seems to be that if something is repeated often enough it begins to be perceived as fact. In a perfect world facts would be an important component in shaping one's perceptions & opinions.

As the religion in politics, they've been trying that in the Middle East and it's not working so good. Politicians who mention God or faith always send me looking for their policy statements in which religion might be a factor, and if it is, they lose my vote.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 2

Just shoot me, please. Ask his poor dog how nice he is, he put him on roof rack on the car, then ran down the freeway. Poor dog, the man is a jerk.

O come on, that happened how long ago, when he was young.....

Truth be told, religion has no place in politics

I would also like to say I did not think of religion as I voted. Times as they are, I end up looking at who is the most religious and staying away from them.

United States is to much of a mix of religions and non religious people. And that is how it should be. Politics needs to stay away from religion and religious people should not look for political gains for their faith/religion.

P.E.R.I.O.D

Maybe some day there will be a presidential race in which religion/faith is something that is not to be spoken about or tolerated within speeches.

I hope I am still alive if that ever happens.

Religion is not just a private affair, anymore than personal ideology is, it does have an effect on how we live, vote and raise our families. It is like telling a person who is gay that his gender and lifestyle or just private affairs, in a sense they are, but in other ways, no they are part of our culture. As long as we don't have a state religion, then things will go well, if we one day do make a certain religion the only one approved by the state, then we will no longer be the United States of America.

peace

mark

Sorry, BM, should have known better, you with your common sense and sense of humor.

Yes ..I was being sarcastic..You need a sense of humour to get through so many silly statements read, and your hand is tired from face palming .. Sarcasm with humour works best.. :P

Yes ..I was being sarcastic..You need a sense of humour to get through so many silly statements read, and your hand is tired from face palming .. Sarcasm with humour works best.. :P

i think you humour is weird :P but noone shares my humour :(