Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow People

HolyDevil2053

Things tend to blend together in peripheral vision. It's not focused, so what you're seeing out of the corner of your eye is just a blurry version of what's actually there. If there are lots of shadows, it's easy to see a figure. I've done it countless times out where I live, especially walking from my truck to the house at night. It always turns out to be a tree or something mundane, it just takes on a different aspect when I'm not seeing it head on.

Now, you take this, and your mom "leading you" by panicking when you were little, thus giving your child's imagination something to latch onto. As you get older, your memories from that far back start to get fuzzy, and you're more open to suggestion. Once you have an episode of sleep paralysis, coupled with this little mythology you've created for yourself, you have your attack experience. You have to put this into a context that you understand, and since you were little and your mom threw a fit over shadow people, this fits the bill perfectly. It doesn't make it any less real to you, but once you realize these things aren't actually real, and just a figment of your imagination, then they'll start to go away.

Redeem coupon for sixty-percent off this session.

Things tend to blend together in peripheral vision.  It's not focused, so what you're seeing out of the corner of your eye is just a blurry version of what's actually there.  If there are lots of shadows, it's easy to see a figure.  I've done it countless times out where I live, especially walking from my truck to the house at night.  It always turns out to be a tree or something mundane, it just takes on a different aspect when I'm not seeing it head on.

Now, you take this, and your mom "leading you" by panicking when you were little, thus giving your child's imagination something to latch onto.  As you get older, your memories from that far back start to get fuzzy, and you're more open to suggestion.  Once you have an episode of sleep paralysis, coupled with this little mythology you've created for yourself, you have your attack experience.  You have to put this into a context that you understand, and since you were little and your mom threw a fit over shadow people, this fits the bill perfectly.  It doesn't make it any less real to you, but once you realize these things aren't actually real, and just a figment of your imagination, then they'll start to go away.

450805[/snapback]

huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif i cannot take your exclaimation for them, when i see them in my side view they are not blurred at all, exactly the same as i seen them in my frontal vision, bersides i have seen then since i was five but been seeing ghosts before that age, i know what i see and what it looks like, i somtimes see them now but i cannot take your theory and i think that others like me seeing them or have seen them i personally think that they woint agree with you. I never told my mom about it till about a few years ago, she didnt take any notice until she remembered my older brother seeing them he is 37 or about taht age and he has never seen them before until we moved into this house. he has left around 6 years ago and he hasnt seen any since.

I know they arent pieces of my imagination i ahve been fisically harmed by them when i was younger but now it rarely happens but its now doing it by draing me of energy and it has been doing that a lot more.

Your theory may be correct for some people but i personaly think it int correct for me with what i have seen or felt. yes.gif

Sirec, you've partly proved my point. Since you've seen them, since you were little, you have to fit these things into a context you can understand. You've had the belief that these are shadow people for a very long time, so anything you see out of the corner of your eye immediately falls into that category. Dig a little deeper, don't depend entirely on your own perception, because sometimes you get fooled into believing in things that aren't really there. Shadow people can't exist unless you want them to.

Physical attacks? You've never said exactly what these physical attacks are. Maybe you could expound on that a little?

Sirec, you've partly proved my point.  Since you've seen them, since you were little, you have to fit these things into a context you can understand.  You've had the belief that these are shadow people for a very long time, so anything you see out of the corner of your eye immediately falls into that category.  Dig a little deeper, don't depend entirely on your own perception, because sometimes you get fooled into believing in things that aren't really there.  Shadow people can't exist unless you want them to.

Physical attacks?  You've never said exactly what these physical attacks are.  Maybe you could expound on that a little?

450845[/snapback]

i think i have explained it previously but i will again wink2.gif

when i was younger i was psycally pushed over and down the stairs by somting i couldnt see but somtimes after the events there would be a shadow running up the stairs on the wall. it was a while ago but it lifted the extention oon my dads ladder he had a safety mechanism on it but it took it off and lifted the ladder at the fame time. i werent there but i went to see what happend but i seen the shadow again on the wall.

Scratches use to appear on my body in a band of 3 about a inch apart. i would usually wake up like it but they use to be scabbed, meaning it hapend whilst i was asleep. i dont have anything which would cause the scratches. my pillow casedoes has a zip but i put it towards the head board at the back. anyway the scratches never use to be deep but faint like. it doesnt happen to me anymore but it has happened but not recently.

Now it is more energy draining than anything else. it does it in 2 ways going into my body but it use to do it away from me in a dark area but i made a protection from it to stop it happening or it getting in me. it is starting to fail, i feel that it has found more weaknesses in me and learned how my light barrier works by observing.

the attacks are now quite frequent, the latest being tuesday. it does know what your saying by i feel vocal speech and through the mind. i was talking to Holy Devil i think it was sunday, it kept pulling my t shirt, it was a new one but after it kept tugginh i noticed the coton pulled. i was ignoring it but it kept doing it. later that day i had a shower and i was about to come out and i seen a white orb for a brief second, giving me a warning like but i came oyut of the shower and there was a huge bang on the bathroom mirror. i said go away ur not scaring me, it went but Monady and tuesday it continueous attacked me by energy drain. the first on monday wasnt as bad as the one on tesday. i was in colleeg on monday in the last lesson and i felt it so i put up the barrier it kept it out for a while but it kept attacking like to get it, one after each other continously but as it was doing that i had to use energy to try to strengthen it but it keep doing it at the sae time it got in and i had to force it out but it drained my energy when it got in not much but after each other i was too weak to get the barrier up again and it ended up in me and i quickly got waker and weaker.

it was the same for tuesday, it was the first lesson in the morning, i felt it was there but couldnt sence where it was. it started first attacking one of my friends, she had to go home and a few mins afterwards it went at me again. repetively attacking but it was taking chunks at a time i could only keep it up for a short amount of time as all the energy it drained out of me. it only tried 3 times but the amount of strengh it took was too great, i had to go home but i could hardly move. i had to phomne my parents up to get me, i opnly live behind the college but i wouldnt has made it walking that far. i waas oon the verge of collapsing. my teacher had to carry my bag whilst i went down to the car park to go home. at first my personal tutor who knows of the problem i have told me to go in the lift; the room or area which the loift was in was dark and i was about to go in the lift and a teacher told me off for using the lift but then i had a go with her for no reason, i was trying to stop me from hitting the hell out of her but in the end i had to run to get away, i went to the class room and told my teacher , by then i was on the verge of crying. she then took me down the stairs then to the car park. she waited till my mom showed up.

i cant remembe much of what happend but it started to come back to me over time and when that thing gets in me my attitude changes completely from a peacful person to a angere state like but its that thing which puts that energy which makes me do it when it goes, its like it leaves a part of itself in me if u know what i mean.

i dont have any medical problems or health problems at all, i seen a psychiratrist and the test are all negaitive meaning there s nothing wrong with me and the doctor cant perscribe anything because i am psyically ok.

the last 4 days it hasnt done anything at all and i guess them 2 days were a warning because holy devil was giving me advice on how to get rid of them and i recon it didnt like what it was saying, meaning i guess parts of it wee true so i gotta look in to it.

when i was growing up i never thought anything about it, my brother never said anything to me what he seen when he lived here until i asked him a while back , about 5 years ago but he had the same things happen to him.

it hard if u dont have any experince with them, if u do i thyink your view would change a little yes.gif

i am not going to say anymore because it is a little uncomfortable and dont like talking about this matter

stuart

I can tell by your attention to grammar and spelling that you're a Yale man...

I get the sense that you're trying to get this out as quickly as possible, because wading through your posts to get some sense out of it is making my head hurt. So let's examine your ramblings and see if we can't find something, shall we?

You've fallen down the stairs a time or two, and seen shadows on the wall. Did you ever stop to see what these shadows actually were? I've fallen down stairs once or twice, I never blamed it on the boogeyman. It's just clumsiness.

I barely even understand what happened while you were in the shower, aside from something banging on the mirror and energy drain of some kind.

Seems to me you have some serious anger management issues, and the constant fatigue suggests to me you're dealing with depression of some kind. You need to look for some professional help, and quit blaming all this on something supernatural.

You know, sometimes falling or the feeling of being pushed down accompanied by spells of weakness or feeling drained can be the result of inner ear problems. As for your friend; well; have you heard of contagious histrionics? It's especially common if a person's been wound up beforehand by hearing frightening tales, although it can catch on for no reason at all. Remember the news story about the schoolgirls undergoing mass fainting spells even though there wasn't anything wrong with them? Think along those lines..

Of course; if you're dead set on a paranormal explanation then this won't even phase you. But I've got to at least try to introduce some logic; so there you go..

And will no doubt go unheard. tongue.gif I'm just saying this because I had an eardrum punctured when I was younger and even to this day I can get dizzy spells and weakness out of nowhere..I could make it about ghosts or psychic vamps if I wanted to be dramatic; but to be honest it's just an ear thing..

Yeah, but when he wants to hit his teacher out of nowhere, that ain't his ears talking. laugh.gif

I don't think I ever did anything to make them go away...but maybe temporarily.  I did move from WA to MA, and for a while I didn't see them.  I think that maybe it takes them time to find me... but I always felt like they would come back.

I spoke with my pastor's wife and she says that these things come from the devil, and they are trying to prevent me from serving a purpose in my life.  What that purpose is I don't really have a clue...but that she also suggested blessing my home as well.

It is a curious thing to me though, that even though I haven't seen these shadow beings in this house since I have lived here for a little over a year, that there are 2 spirits. One of a little boy or girl, can't tell by the laugh- and also an older man. 

Is it possible that only one kind of spirit can "own" a place?  Maybe they are preventing them?

If that is the case, then I need to figure something out when I move this week...

274622[/snapback]

Hi Holy,

Sorry these shadow - beings are giving you such a hassel. So far it has been a female thing with what I am reading here.

Well, you women are not the "only" gender that gets harrassed by these shadow - people. I have been bothered for several months by them and was just about at my wits end as to how to neutralize their nightly harrassment.

I've tried everything to ward off this phenomenon. I even tried leaving the hall light on at night. I finally just confronted the wretched thing one night. It woke me up about 3:00 am, but not in a "physical sense". All of a sudden I felt myself being dragged feet first out of bed and this thing began assalting me. This may have been some sort of OOBE, (out-of-body-experience), which could justify the Fear and associated attack syndrome accompanying it. One does NOT always suffer an attack by some astral entity or being when having an OOBE, but the Fear is usually present ... at least for me. Those whom have never had an OOBE, will try to justify the experience with the scientific / medical terminology of "Sleep Paralysis". There is a vast difference between sleep - paralysis and a true Out-Of- Body-Experience (OOBE), with full waking consciousness. Leaving the body with waking consciousness, (or gaining consciousness, shortly after disassociation from the physical body), is something that defys the Laws of Modern Physics. "Lucid Dreaming" (gaining conscious awareness within a dream - state), is another matter altogether, separate from an OOBE or Sleep Paralysis.

When a true OOBE is manifested, one may look at one's extremeties (say one's hand, when held upward) and see nothing. One may try to turn on a light - switch and be unable to do so, since one is no longer in a physical state. One may look into a mirror (if there is some source of light available) and see no reflection. The waking-consciousness has left the confines of the physical body and therefoe the physical "You" is no longer physical.

That is a true OOBE.

Anyway ... to get back on thread here, one thing this entity did not expect was for me to face my Fear. I harnessed the Fear and used it against the source of fear itself. It immediately let go of me. (I think I scared it more than it scared Me). At that instant, I reintegrated into the physical body and awakened. It has NOT returned since.

I know it is difficult to face one's Fear, but I can only speak for myself and in this instance, I harnessed the Fear and used it to my advantage. This is just my case scenerio, though and what works for me might not work for others.

I have also heard that a really good Cat, one you truly love and that truly loves you, will stand gurad against any unseen entities or influences, which might come near their Master. Cats are known to "hiss" at invisible entities in a room. I would think a negative entity, would be most uncomfortable in my opinion, in the presence of a hissing feline.

You might also try visualizing a brilliant, white - light, which is blinding in its intensity ... then enveloping yourself with this Light.

Hope this has provided some comfort and relief and to let know, that you are NOT alone.

Edited by Josiah

I never said that these things didn't seem real to you, just that you may want to look into the phenomenon of sleep paralysis a little further, and realize how this works with the power of suggestion to build up a paranormal encounter with otherwise scientifically documented things.

A man's work is never done...

I never said that these things didn't seem real to you, just that you may want to look into the phenomenon of sleep paralysis a little further, and realize how this works with the power of suggestion to build up a paranormal encounter with otherwise scientifically documented things. 

A man's work is never done...

452472[/snapback]

Re - review post.

As for the statement above: "A man's work is never done"

Unless you have become transgendered since your last post, I fail to see the relevance. disgust.gif

Re-reviewed post, rechecked gender, the same as it was before. Read post, drew same conclusions. Perhaps during your next OOBE, you could do a little experiment. Place some objects throughout your room, and remember exactly what and where they are. When you have your OOBE, see if you can't find these objects. Maybe try to move one of them around. Map them out so you can't cheat. Then post the results.

Unless, of course, you really just want to believe these aren't just waking dreams, and are afraid your results will prove you wrong.

Re-reviewed post, rechecked gender, the same as it was before.  Read post, drew same conclusions.  Perhaps during your next OOBE, you could do a little experiment.  Place some objects throughout your room, and remember exactly what and where they are.  When you have your OOBE, see if you can't find these objects. ** 

Unless, of course, you really just want to believe these aren't just waking dreams, and are afraid your results will prove you wrong.

453579[/snapback]

** Maybe try to move one of them around. Map them out so you can't cheat. Then post the results. When you have your OOBE, see if you can't find these objects.

** BEEN THERE, DONE THAT ... HAND PASSED RIGHT THROUGH OBJECT, WHEN ATTEMPTING TO RAISE IT FROM DRESSER COUNTER.

AT THIS POINT, PROCEEDED TO ENTER BATHROOM AND HAND PASSED "THROUGH" DOOR - KNOB.

CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED, RETURNED TO DRESSER, LOOKED AT OBJECT (SMALL FIGURINE) WHICH I HAD PREVIOUSLY TRIED TO RAISE IN NON - PHYSICAL STATE (OOBE) AND GLANCED UPWARD INTO MIRROR. SAW NO REFLECTION IN GLOW FROM NIGHT-LIGHT, (ALTHOUGH DIM, REFLECTION IS CLEARLY VISIBLE IN ILLUMINATION FROM NIGHT-LIGHT IN CORNER OF ROOM, UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES).

TURNED AND SAW HUMAN SHAPE, LYING PRONE UPON BED.

REALIZED IT HAD TO BE "ME" ... PANICKED AND IMMEDIATELY REINTEGRATED INTO PHYSICAL FORM (BODY), WITH NO ACCOMPANYING CATALEPSY OR PARALYSIS.

THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST PROJECTION, THUS THE SMALL ALABASTER FIGURINE, PLACED UPON DRESSER, (FOR POINT OF REFERENCE). IT IS VERY EASY TO BECOME CONFUSED AND DISORIENTED, UPON INITIAL SEPARATION FROM THE PHYSICAL BODY, DURING THE PROJECTION PROCESS. ONE MIGHT EVEN TRY TRY READING THE NUMBERS ON ONE'S MAILBOX, IF ONE HAS ACTUALLY MANAGED TO LEAVE THE CONFINES OF ONE'S HOME. THIS REQUIRES THE PASSAGE THROUGH PHYSICAL - MATTER (I.E: SOLID, PHYSICAL - DOOR OF RESIDENCE) AND CAN BE RATHER DISCONCERTING DURING FIRST ATTEMPTS. IT WILL REQUIRE SOME PRACTICE AND CONCENTRATION, IN ORDER TO PREVENT IMMEDIATE REINTEGRATION BACK INTO PHYSICAL BODY, UPON ATTEMPTING PASSAGE THROUGH SOLID MATTER, WITH WAKING - CONSCIOUSNESS.

THIS IS NOT SOME BOOGEY - MAN PHENOMENON.

WHAT IT IS, (IN MY OPINION), IT IS AN ELECTROMAGNETIC ABBBERATION OF "THE LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS".

AN (OOBE) IS NOT AN "NDE", AS ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY DYING TO EXPERIENCE SAME, ALTHOUGH SOME OF THE QUALITIES CAN BE QUITE SIMILAR TO A CLASSIC "NDE".

OUT - OF - BODY - CONSCIOUSNESS ALLOWS FOR SOME, BUT NOT "ALL", OF THE WAKING, PHYSICAL SENSES, TO BE PROJECTED OUTSIDE THE CONFINES OF THE PHYSICAL BODY. THE SENSES THAT I HAVE PERCEIVED, WHILE IN THIS STATE ARE: SIGHT AND HEARING, BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT "TOUCH", AS TOUCH IS A TACTILE SENSATION AND REQUIRES THE USE OF PHYSICAL EXTREMITIES.

FOR FURTHER REFERENCE, (IF YOU DESIRE) SEE JOURNEYS OUT OF THE BODY BY: DR. ROBERT A. MONROE (DECEASED).

COPYRIGHT: 1975

I BELIEVE IT IS PRINTED BY "DOUBLEDAY", (BUT I COULD MISTAKEN ON THAT ACCOUNT.)

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ALL CAPS PRINT ... IT IS MERELY A WAY TO MAKE EASIER DIFFERENTATION BETWEEN MY TEXT AND YOURS.

THIS ENDS THE DIALOGUE ON THE SUBJECT OF OUT-OF-BODY-CONSCIOUSNESS.

IT IS SOMETHING TO DEBATE, BUT TO EXPERIENCE IF AND WHEN THE OPPORTUNITY ARISES AND IF ONE IS MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY ABLE TO DEAL WITH SAME.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU IN YOUR QUEST FOR KNOWLEDGE AND TRUTH.

Things tend to blend together in peripheral vision.  It's not focused, so what you're seeing out of the corner of your eye is just a blurry version of what's actually there.  If there are lots of shadows, it's easy to see a figure.  I've done it countless times out where I live, especially walking from my truck to the house at night.  It always turns out to be a tree or something mundane, it just takes on a different aspect when I'm not seeing it head on.

Now, you take this, and your mom "leading you" by panicking when you were little, thus giving your child's imagination something to latch onto.  As you get older, your memories from that far back start to get fuzzy, and you're more open to suggestion.  Once you have an episode of sleep paralysis, coupled with this little mythology you've created for yourself, you have your attack experience.  You have to put this into a context that you understand, and since you were little and your mom threw a fit over shadow people, this fits the bill perfectly.  It doesn't make it any less real to you, but once you realize these things aren't actually real, and just a figment of your imagination, then they'll start to go away.

450805[/snapback]

I'll comment on some of the statements here...

First, on the peripheral vision thing...I understand completely with what you are saying. It makes sense and I tried it and it is true...you do see blurry images and wierd castings of shadows and what not... I don't dispute that. The whole thing about it is that it is normal and average and the things you try to see when you try to look in that point of view, it is exactly what it is but blurry and nothing distinctly odd or frightening about it.

The only difference is, that when you try to imagine a figure in a shadow form in the peripheral vision- it takes time and you look for different shadows in order to see something that you know is obviously not there.

When there is a being there, on the other hand, it appears instantly- without having to focus on shapes or without even thinking first- it is just there. And of course when you turn to look directly, an obvious reflex action of something catching your eye that something is there, 80% of the time it is no longer there...and what you would suggest is that it was a shadow cast off of something else and not really a shadow person, it very well could be just that...but unlikely when the objects surrounding the area do not maintain the shape of what you have just seen.

-but what about the 20% where they stay in your frontal vision? Actually move towards you or away...even if just to hide behind a couch or door...and these last longer than 10 seconds or a minute, compared to that tenth of a second of what you saw in the corner of your eyes?

Shadows from objects cast off in a room against walls are different shades of grey, dark grey, whatever it may be, but you still see the area that is casting off of, like the wall or grass...if a shadow of a dog is cast off from the sun onto the grass behind it, you can clearly still see the grass...but these beings are completely and solid black- meaning you cannot see behind them. Imagine trying to see in a pitch black room, no visible light...and then seeing a silhouette of something darker than the blackness pass before you...that is the intesity of the denseness of the blackness. Completely different than the "normal" shadows.

As far as the episode described above about my mom telling me about what she saw when I was very young, I agree. It was a very traumatic event at the time...but I have to say that I didn't see them personally. My mom is not the type of person to freak out about any little thing, so I believe her to this day about what she saw. My mother is very strong in her beliefs and faith and I believe it was her that was sheilding my sister and I while we lived in her house the best that she could. Strange things did happen, but not as severely or as frequently as when I moved out on my own...and if anything did happen that she knew of, she never told me or spoke about that event above to us afterward.

I just have one thing to say about the "mythology" I created for myself...I don't believe I could possibly have done this. These things have been around far longer than I was even aware of them. Is it possible to say that the thousands of people that have witnessed these beings, interacted, and even been attacked physically- did they all create this in their minds too? I don't think it is likely although I can understand why you would say that.

It would make perfect sense if you think of it in that aspect that I made this all up in my mind and somewhere along the way, it got out of hand and I went nuts...but it doesn't make sense if so many other people experience the same things. It would certainly be one of the biggest cases of mass hysteria...right up there with alien abductions...

Believe me, if it was just as easy to convince myself that these things were not real and they would simply just go away...it would have happened a long time ago. After much counseling and "theories" about what these things weren't and what not...nothing ever truly made them just go away. It wasn't until I actually stood up to these things and defended myself that I finally had some peace in my mind that I don't have to watch my back or listen for strange sounds before I open a door or something. Ignoring them didn't work, pretending they were my imagination didn't either...all the rationalizing in the world couldn't account for the numerous experiences or explain them in a more logical "sane" way.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, but if someone asks me my opinion, they are very real. Anyone is entitled to believe what they believe according to their own life's experiences...I can't change that. I am just putting my 2 cents into a theory that I don't think applies in this situation.

Edited by HolyDevil2053

Ok first of all I'm going to tell you ahead of time my opinion on this matter is going to be slightly different one because I'm only 16, quite knowledgable on the paranormal I might add, and two because I'm Wiccan so I'm looking at this from a different end of the spectrum as some other people. Now actually getting on topic here I'd like to say that I've had an encounter with such creature but it never actually attacked me because there was an apparent force protecting me, but that is a different story. The way you first described this "shadow creature" I thought it could be what some of us like to call a Black Reaper, but then I ruled it out when I saw you were touched by it because Black Reapers do one thing and thats cause death. There is another kind of reaper called a Soul Reaper that it could be related to. It can't actually be a Soul Reaper otherwise once again you wouldn't be alive. But the way these creatures seem related is they live off fear. The more you fear them the more powerful they become. You say the strongest and longest attack was when you were young which could very well be because the younger you are the scarier that would seem to you. So what I'm proposing is when you see any of these creatures again you convince yourself you're not afraid because if you're the least bit afraid this will know. You may wonder how but I think it has already proved it has capabilities far beyond that of a mortal. I don't however reccomend blessing the house as it is a waste of time. This is of course the Wiccan in me speaking because I don't believe in the Christian God. Now what I'm about to suggest you may want to do away from the husband and children because it may seem confusing and frightening to them. Go to your local book store and go to the Religion section. There you should be able to find basic books of spells. Not the best place to get them but for this it will work. You may even find kits that include candles and things like that. This could get a little pricey. Then find a simple cleansing spell for the first spell, and then a simple protection spell for you are your family next. Now if you're going to look at it from the Christian/Catholic (I'm not sure which religion you practice) you're going to think that my methods are quite evil. But allow me to point this out, sometimes its neccesary to fight evil with evil.

I know what you have seen. I call them remnants. Shadows of time in which something has happened to them. I remember once in my old house when I had first seen one i seen a man, as far as i knew, but what i figured was a man in my front window. I was laying on the couch trying to fall asleep when I looked out our front bay window. I knew it was about 5 feet from grounf level but I seen I man being hung just outside our house. I watched as he struggled but I didn't know what to do. he just dangled in front of the bay window. But he was a complete shadow. I only assume it was a he by the shape and figure, but none the less i knew it was once a man. I could feel it in the struggle. It had been wrongfully accused and that guilt I felt from knowing this will always be around my old place. I know I didn't say nothing then but I do know that there will be a time when someone else in that place will see what I saw.

HolyD., HI, I`m new --no expert---I think prayer is the best answer---ask god to please drive them away for you ---in the name of Jesus . Don`t do anything like talk to them ect. you can try to cast them [out] yourself using Jesus words or you could ask God if they are from him and if not "please get rid of them, Have church memers over orr just have alot of nice people praying pray alot ---try calling a minister a catholic one might help---I`m not a n expert ---- just suggestions .....bye for now thumbsup.gif

Hi there. I've had this happen to me also. A few years ago, I was still living with my parents before I moved out for University. One night I remember waking up and I saw this shadow person - totally dark and featureless - slip through my window and attacked me - just launched itself on me. I went nuts and completely trashed my room - through things around fighting this thing. My desk got pushed over, my bed was thrown across the room and everything was just wrecked. My mom and the whole family came running downstairs, and my sister's room was right next to mine so she was the first person to come in. When she came in and turned on the light, she said I was standing in the middle of room panting and sweating. I didn't want my family to think I was a freak, so I made up something like I had a nightmare that my bed was eating me or something funny. My mom thought that a murderer had just killed me from the way I was fighting and screaming.

Anyway, it happened once more and then I saw the thing a couple times since then, but it didn't attack me since then.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and don't believe in demons, ghosts, aliens, etc., and am now a research scientist at a federal lab - just so nobody thinks I'm a wacko.

I got married 1 year ago, and told my spouse about it, and she's a psychologist, so she thinks it was "night terrors". Very scary and weird, but I fought back and it never came after me again.... Not sure if this is a help, but resistance is the key.

Maybe this is one of those things I'll just have to see to believe. But when you're young your imagination is a very powerful thing. All it takes is a little suggestion, and off it goes. I never said these things weren't real to the people experiencing them, but I'm just trying to find a logical explanation.

HolyD.,  HI,    I`m    new  --no  expert---I  think  prayer  is  the  best  answer---ask  god  to  please  drive  them  away  for  you ---in  the  name  of  Jesus .  Don`t  do  anything  like  talk  to  them  ect.  you  can  try  to  cast  them  [out]  yourself  using  Jesus  words  or  you  could  ask  God  if  they  are  from  him  and  if  not  "please  get  rid  of  them,  Have  church  memers  over  orr  just  have  alot  of  nice  people  praying  pray  alot  ---try  calling  a  minister  a  catholic  one  might  help---I`m  not  a n  expert ---- just  suggestions .....bye  for  now  thumbsup.gif

461516[/snapback]

I have always felt more relaxed and less anxious when I prayed too...so I know that prayer does work for me somewhat....

I have had my house blessed before, but even so, it just kinda kept them at bay for a while.

Carbon previously made a comment about fighting evil with evil? I don't think that is necessarily the best approach, because wouldn't one evil have to be more evil than the other to dominate this? I don't think I could possess that much evil in myself- especially now that my life is on the more positive and constructive side. Everyone has the potential of doing evil things, but to be evil itself?...I can't imagine wanting to go that route. But thanx for the suggestion.

A lot of the posts are very helpful in your ideas and thoughts about warding these things off, which I of course appreciate....

But the original thread started off while these things were still bothering me in the not so distant past...but since then I have learned in my own way to prevent similar things to happen in the present...but I know that none of the things I have done is a permanent solution.

huh.gif I do have a question on one thing-

Does anyone that has any experiences with these shadow beings also see them in dreams as well?

I noticed in a couple of people I have talked to privately that have experienced vivid nightmares of these things, where it just seemed too real even though it was obviously just a dream.

And another thing, does anyone also feel that these things are angered by the exchange of information about them? As I type these words I feel like I am being watched....

huh.gif I do have a question on one thing-

Does anyone that has any experiences with these shadow beings also see them in dreams as well?

I noticed in a couple of people I have talked to privately that have experienced vivid nightmares of these things, where it just seemed too real even though it was obviously just a dream.

hey holy devil u already know what i have experience through private chat.

anyway when i have them in my dreams they are chasing after me usually in darkness or about the house or the road outside.

Hi all. Here's a link that has pics and stories of people that have come in contact with shadow people/ghost. Hope I'm not reposting it.

http://ghoststudy.com/new5/shadows.htm

Also, get a little digital recorder for you and maybe a nanny cam for you kids room. Even better a motion detecting web cam. I have seen a few pics of Shadow people from webcam of people that aren't home at the time.

Does it tend to happen when your are asleep or alone while concentrating on something? You body might have a very low resistance to electical currents. That combined with deep concentration and a strong electromagnetic field could trigger or attract these figures. Also have the homes you have had these sitings at have a large amount of power lines near them by chance. Also, underground rivers create lagre electomagnetic fields. Another trigger could be that you might unknowingly be clavoent or phychic. These are things that tend to get passed down through your family. We know that your mother had witnessed it but you should ask other family members if they have ever experienced anything similar to this.

These figures are obviously following you. Though they might not be the same ones each time they might just be attacted to you.

post-14504-1106849620.jpg

post-14504-1106849643.jpg