Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does this mean for America?

LucidElement

That is the way of taxation in our country. those who are most able to afford it, pay more. I'm sorry that you just now figured this out. How old are you?

27. Insurance Sales Agent.. but its not fair to tax those who make more money then others, because they worked just as hard to get it (all things considered) as much as the next guy.

• Like 1

Joc, go read up. You're SO wrong about it. Nevermind, don't even bother. You've probably never been seriously ill, working full time or more, and without health care.You'll never understand.

Oh, and my 25 year old daughter is going to have health care for the first time since she was 18. She couldn't afford it previously and she's worked full time since she was 17! But a kid who makes $14 an hour can't afford $670 a month for half-assed coverage.

MissWells, i have a great PPO plan from Blue Cross Blue Sheild and i have pre-exsisting conditions.. I pay 240.00 a month.. my dad has a 500.00 a month plan that covers EVERY SINGLE THING and thats one of the best health care planes in the country.. so when you say 640 a month im very confused. Because again, my buddy pays 120 a month and he has no pre-exsiting but he has a PPO from blue cross blue shield as well. So yea .. 640? huh

• Like 1

Everyone that has participating in this topic. needs to watch this. its 2min long.. it was in 2008-2009. but it tells you about the peope that vote for Obama just because and have no idea whats going on in our country. They just want free handouts.. so please watch this all!!! Thanks =)

Even if many people dont like foxnews, or glenn beck.. it is what it is.. this is not an opinion its a fact and a recording. So please watch this. AGAIN has nothing to do with Glenn Beck or Fox news, but shows the type of people who vote for obama. Its not right, people in this country dont even try to learn anymore. its a shame.

• Like 1

Everyone that has participating in this topic. needs to watch this. its 2min long.. it was in 2008-2009. but it tells you about the peope that vote for Obama just because and have no idea whats going on in our country. They just want free handouts.. so please watch this all!!! Thanks =)

Even if many people dont like foxnews, or glenn beck.. it is what it is.. this is not an opinion its a fact and a recording. So please watch this. AGAIN has nothing to do with Glenn Beck or Fox news, but shows the type of people who vote for obama. Its not right, people in this country dont even try to learn anymore. its a shame.

All want free government services, the poor handouts, the rich without paying for it. I fail to see the scandal.

i dont want free government services. That is a easy way out. Id like to work for my money. The point of that video is stating that people have NO IDEA what is going on, and where the money comes from.. oh wait. "From obama's stash" really! LOL... if people were to be more literate and understand whats truly happening then politics and the this country would run much smoother. But that video goes to prove extremely different.. But ya, i know a lot of people that dont want government money or welfare or any of that. Its called doing it your self, no scandal at all!

• Like 1

i dont want free government services. That is a easy way out. Id like to work for my money. The point of that video is stating that people have NO IDEA what is going on, and where the money comes from.. oh wait. "From obama's stash" really! LOL... if people were to be more literate and understand whats truly happening then politics and the this country would run much smoother. But that video goes to prove extremely different.. But ya, i know a lot of people that dont want government money or welfare or any of that. Its called doing it your self, no scandal at all!

Let me see, you don't have a 401K, naturally you never had a student loan either, you never been unemployed and you never took advantage of any tax breaks... am I right so far? Besides that you don't need no military, police or air controllers?

I do have a 401k and a 1099. No student loans though i am saying i work a job that i pay taxes into. For a retirement plan. I look down upon those who do not want to work and are satisfied living off food stamps and government checks... thats our hard working money that people just have no backbone and reep our taxes. Its not fair for a woman to have multiple kids knowing she herself doesnt have a job (not saying its easy to find one) but saying she doesn't wanna work and she knows the government will take care of her... well shocking alert.. if you saw that video.. hello illiterate woman, the working people is what you so brilliantly referred to as coming from obamas stash. Obama money,.. its like are you serious. People that do not have any incentive to work (again not saying those who cant find a job and need help) but those who live off the government handouts because there to illiterate or lazy to work. Its crap. And your from Greece my sister lived there few years. Totally different animal usa and greece. Thanks for your input though sir

• Like 1

All want free government services, the poor handouts, the rich without paying for it. I fail to see the scandal.

I will just say this about that: Chris Christie had an ObamaGasm after the President told him how much money the Fed was going to pitch in to his state. Everyone...not me...but I guess, everyone else is on the Government titty. Government won't let me on their titty and I don't want to be anyway....see, some of us have to actually PUT the milk in the tit.

I am so certain now that the reason this guy was re-elected is because of what Questionmark just said: All want free government services...especially the ObamaCare which everyone seems to think is going to be just like European Socialized Medicine. It won't be. It can't be. It is the end of America. Period.

• Like 1

I do have a 401k and a 1099. No student loans though i am saying i work a job that i pay taxes into. For a retirement plan. I look down upon those who do not want to work and are satisfied living off food stamps and government checks... thats our hard working money that people just have no backbone and reep our taxes. Its not fair for a woman to have multiple kids knowing she herself doesnt have a job (not saying its easy to find one) but saying she doesn't wanna work and she knows the government will take care of her... well shocking alert.. if you saw that video.. hello illiterate woman, the working people is what you so brilliantly referred to as coming from obamas stash. Obama money,.. its like are you serious. People that do not have any incentive to work (again not saying those who cant find a job and need help) but those who live off the government handouts because there to illiterate or lazy to work. Its crap. And your from Greece my sister lived there few years. Totally different animal usa and greece. Thanks for your input though sir

So, you belong to the group that does not sponge off the government but foes not want to pay taxes for the services it provides. Fair enough.

MissWells, i have a great PPO plan from Blue Cross Blue Sheild and i have pre-exsisting conditions.. I pay 240.00 a month.. my dad has a 500.00 a month plan that covers EVERY SINGLE THING and thats one of the best health care planes in the country.. so when you say 640 a month im very confused. Because again, my buddy pays 120 a month and he has no pre-exsiting but he has a PPO from blue cross blue shield as well. So yea .. 640? huh

Of course you're confused. Do you live in New York?

What you pay is dependant on what state you live in.

Also, if you're working, your company subsidizes your health insurance costs so you pay less out of pocket. (since I"m working right now, I pay $127 out of pocket for my health ins. every month) If I wasn't working or if like the last 10 years I was working but had no company insurance, and had to buy it myself, without my company subsidy, I'd pay $640-$670 a month.

Edit: I just looked again, since i haven't scoped individual insurance in about 3 years since I went back to work--looks like a new option has been added, now I can get a plan for $160 a month with a 10K deductable. Yay, still not very affordable is it? The really decent plans that are comparable to what I get it work now have gone down to about $607. So Obamacare is a start, the costs are going down with more options already. But in my opinion it's still not enough.

Oh and by the way. your pre-existing conditions are covered under your current plans because Obamacare required it, effective in 2010. You're welcome.

Edited by MissMelsWell

Also, if you're working, your company subsidizes your health insurance costs so you pay less out of pocket. (since I"m working right now, I pay $127 out of pocket for my health ins. every month) If I wasn't working or if like the last 10 years I was working but had no company insurance, and had to buy it myself, without my company subsidy, I'd pay $640-$670 a month.

Edit: I just looked again, since i haven't scoped individual insurance in about 3 years since I went back to work--looks like a new option has been added, now I can get a plan for $160 a month with a 10K deductable. Yay, still not very affordable is it? The really decent plans that are comparable to what I get it work now have gone down to about $607. So Obamacare is a start, the costs are going down with more options already. But in my opinion it's still not enough.

Oh and by the way. your pre-existing conditions are covered under your current plans because Obamacare required it, effective in 2010. You're welcome.

Who is going to pay for all the Medical Care that everyone is going to wanting...and expecting all at once?

27. Insurance Sales Agent.. but its not fair to tax those who make more money then others, because they worked just as hard to get it (all things considered) as much as the next guy.

ok my mistake. But it is fair. Our progressive tax system shifts the burden of taxation to those most able to pay.

Who is going to pay for all the Medical Care that everyone is going to wanting...and expecting all at once?

you do know that for the most part, with the affordable care act, you pay insurance premiums, right?

• Like 1

...I want my ObamaPhone, I want my ObamaBucks, I want my ObamaCare...

This is why the guy was re-elected...

I am hereby forever mending this old saying: ...it now will read.... You can fool Half of the people ALL of the time...

But, you realize 'obamaphones' are a program that was started years ago under President Reagan's tenure. The program is called 'lifeline'. It was just land lines until it was upgraded to include cell phones under a certain more recent president's term. And guess what? THAT wasn't Obama either. That was George W. Bush.

That's the problem with almost everything you say, you only include part of the message, and none of the truth.

you do know that for the most part, with the affordable care act, you pay insurance premiums, right?

How could I miss that? Oh yeah, I must have had my head in a box of sand when Justice Roberts (or was it Judge Judy, I always get those two mixed up) made that the law of the land.

But, please explain to me something...cause I'm a little slow...How is it that suddenly if everyone has an insurance policy that the insurance companies will suddenly be able to pay for Every medical expense known to mankind?

But, you realize 'obamaphones' are a program that was started years ago under President Reagan's tenure. The program is called 'lifeline'. It was just land lines until it was upgraded to include cell phones under a certain more recent president's term. And guess what? THAT wasn't Obama either. That was George W. Bush.

That's the problem with almost everything you say, you only include part of the message, and none of the truth.

This has already been discussed and as I said before (sorry you missed it) I know that! AND...I am not the one that dubbed it the ObamaPhone...there was a website called Obamaphone.com that directed you to the free phone program. And it was that chick from Cleveland that went on and on and on about the ObamaPhone. There...is that the rest of the truth you were looking for?

• Like 1

How could I miss that? Oh yeah, I must have had my head in a box of sand when Justice Roberts (or was it Judge Judy, I always get those two mixed up) made that the law of the land.

But, please explain to me something...cause I'm a little slow...How is it that suddenly if everyone has an insurance policy that the insurance companies will suddenly be able to pay for Every medical expense known to mankind?

So your alternative is to have people just croak or go without health care? Or do you think it's OK when people have crazy medical bills and just don't pay them? Then claim bankrupsy? Because I'm sure you don't end up paying for that right? I'd like to hear what you think should be done about healthcare... and nothing isn't an option... especially not to me who's dealing with a serious health condition that's much worse today because I haven't had health care for 10 years because I coudn't afford to buy it as an individual.

What's your solution? Be very specific.

So your alternative is to have people just croak or go without health care? Or do you think it's OK when people have crazy medical bills and just don't pay them? Then claim bankrupsy? Because I'm sure you don't end up paying for that right? I'd like to hear what you think should be done about healthcare... and nothing isn't an option... especially not to me who's dealing with a serious health condition that's much worse today because I haven't had health care for 10 years because I coudn't afford to buy it as an individual.

What's your solution? Be very specific.

The first solution would be to allow Health Insurance Companies to expand beyond state lines. I would even say allow Health Insurance Companies from other countries get in on the game. That would immediately and 'drastically' lower health insurance premiums across the board...what keeps things sane is competition...I live in Texas...why the hell should I be unable to buy a health insurance policy from a company in California? Chew on that one awhile.

Can I just please be real here for a moment? Thank you! Situation: I need medical treatment. I go to a doctor. The doctor charges x amount. I pay him. I get treatment. The doctor gets paid. Situation resolved right? Right! Okay, follow me here: I need medical treatment. I go to the doctor. The doctor charges x amount. I don't pay him anything because the insurance company picks up the tab.

I get treatment..The doctor gets paid...and the insurance company spends some of my monthly premium actually paying a bill.

Now...what happens in this situation: I need medical treatment. I can't afford it and I don't have insurance...but...that's okay because ObamaCare is gonna pick up the tab. I get treatment...the doctor gets paid, and Obamacare spends some of the money they took from me in the form of taxes to pay for it. Everybody's happy right? Right.....

......but here is where you have to keep on playing out the scenario because it is the most important situation:

If everybody is covered for everything....do you really think the federal government is going to pay for that through forcing everyone to buy an insurance premium? Do you really think that is going to be enough? I don't. Alot of economists don't. So then what happens? I need medical treatment...(a few years into Obamacare)...I go to the doctor, the doctor says I need surgery and he'll put me on the list...I say what list...he says...well, there are a lot of other people who need the same surgery and there are only so many doctors to do it and only so many available ORs and so you are just going to have to wait your turn...so I wait my turn...and then I find out. I can't have the surgery because I am too old for it. Too old? I say... Well...and yada, yada, yada...until the cows come home.

When the truth is...they can't afford to pay everyone's medical bills...and like you said in your post...So your alternative is to have people just croak or go without health care? Or do you think it's OK when people have crazy medical bills and just don't pay them? Well, if I can't afford the bill, and the government can't afford the bill...who the hell is going to pay the Doctors? And if the doctors don't get paid...how long do you think it will be before there is a real shortage of doctors? And what may I ask is your solution to that? Please...be specific!

• Like 4

Yes...and ObamaCare hasn't even begun yet...and you don't really have any idea what is going to happen when it does begin...

I am hereby forever mending this old saying: ...it now will read.... You can fool Half of the people ALL of the time...

dude.... you didn't realize some of the act is in effect right now?!? mostly the stuff I mentioned?!?

dude.... you didn't realize some of the act is in effect right now?!? mostly the stuff I mentioned?!?

Is that like the 'en vogue' thing to say now? I swear, the next time someone says to me...you didn't realize this or that? I am going to whip kick them right in the face!

Dude! You don't have a clue what is coming down the pike do you? The actual 'teeth' of this monster are tucked way back until 2014...by design...then once that mother opens it's mouth and everyone is all excited...the teeth come out and then it is too late. Hell, it is already too late. So when you get your freaking head bitten off by the monster...i.e. When they tell your Mom...sorry Mrs. Jinxdom...protocol doesn't allow that particular surgery for a woman of your age and background...don't expect me to tell you I am sympathetic to your situation...and don't expect me to say I told you so either...don't expect anything...except to bury your Mom or Sister or Aunt or YOU prematurely because a bankrupt government destroyed the Golden Goose of Capitalism.

Edited by joc

Is that like the 'en vogue' thing to say now? I swear, the next time someone says to me...you didn't realize this or that? I am going to whip kick them right in the face!

so...joc, you didn't realize that this was one of the funnier posts I've seen in a while, did you? lol

so...joc, you didn't realize that this was one of the funnier posts I've seen in a while, did you? lol

You asked for it:

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

So, you belong to the group that does not sponge off the government but foes not want to pay taxes for the services it provides. Fair enough.

What are you talking about?? I have NEVER sponged off the government one time.. I spend so much money in taxes its ****g crazy. I donate to those people to sponge off.. make sense before you start critizing. but then again, and again.. you live in Greece, why the hell are you even part of this conversation that deals with the United State of America's government? seriously lol?

Actually, obamacare does not go into effect until 2014... so no such thing as obama care lol.. and yes i pay 240.00 (Out of pocket) not thru my company.. my company does not offer health care.. my deductible is 2500.00 a year.. i pay more because of my medication i take. but again. out of pocket... and yes my buddy ALSO lives in Manhattan, NYC.. pays 200.00 a month for a PPO, his deductible is 2500.00.. BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD.. go look at blue cross blue shield.. NYC, CA, FL, anywhere.. lol its like 150-300 a month individual plan.. and again, NO OBAMACARE has kicked in yet till 2014..