Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What did we learn in this election?

CommunitarianKevin

Balancing the budget is like having someone pour your liquor supply down the sink or put your drug dealer in jail. It is going to hurt over the short run but might save your life over the long term

• Like 1

The Tea Party is just a re-branding of the Republican base

Indeed, their main achievements are in affecting Republican primary elections because they're a significant component of the Republican primary electorate; the mixed records in general elections (particularly in states or Congressional districts that are not already heavily Republican) of the candidates they shepherd through the Republican nominating process is just a further indication that when you get to an electorate composed of more than just Republicans, the Tea Party influence drops off rapidly.

True, but it didnt start out that way. I went to a tea party in the first week. It was way more of a Ron Paul type ralley then it was a republican gathering. Some folks were there to empower the party, but most of the folks I talked to just wanted to restore freedom and stop spending. Bush was president, so it had nothing to do with 0bama or dems.

Then the media got hold of it, and the sheep quickly followed. I learned a hard lesson during that time.

I remember the Boston Tea Party 2007 like it was yesterday. Republicans at that time were like "the Boston what?" Then in 2009 they tread all over the grass that Ron Paul planted and ruined it. This wasn't helped by the politics played on either side, with Democrats putting the "Tea Partiers" into one box and painting it up in as silly colors as they could find.

Edit: "Baggers"

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

I learned that too many people base their votes on crap they read on FaceBook.

Nibs

• Like 1

I remember the Boston Tea Party 2007 like it was yesterday. Republicans at that time were like "the Boston what?" Then in 2009 they tread all over the grass that Ron Paul planted and ruined it. This wasn't helped by the politics played on either side, with Democrats putting the "Tea Partiers" into one box and painting it up in as silly colors as they could find.

Edit: "Baggers"

Yep... that's exactly what happened. RP revived the Tea Party in his build up to the '08 election and the likes of Palin and McCain hijacked the movement with the help of Beck Hannity and some other right wing media sponsored cronnies.They all started to use RP lingo to be heard but when push came to shove they proved to be the scum that they were backing off from signing onto any sort of legislation that defined what RP's tea party stood for.

• Like 1