Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who's really behind 2012 doomsday propaganda

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Greetings,

So the 21st of Dec is fast approaching and I can't help but notice that the only entities going on about seeing the world end and ramping up the doomsday bandwagon is the damn media.

I have yet to come across anyone in any metaphysical circle who is interpreting it as the end of all life/existence, like the media claim these circles are. My question arises as, so why is this 'fear mongering belief' being tainted on the metaphysical communities?

I hate the media and how they try portray something which isn't. If you do your research, you will find it's a few oddball cults conveniently tagged as 'newage movements' (when they are not even that) that may exist and do hamper on about end days. Like the story about the cult who plan to go to that mountain in France to get picked up by the spaceship. Does anyone realise just how tiny and insignificant these little cults/groups are? and how they do not even represent the mainstream of what is called 'new age beliefs'. What they are, are cults with extreme dogma and mind controlled people. They represent nothing but the sadistic nature of psychology and how a cult becomes hive mind in consciousness. So moving on, the majority of people i know and within the communities are not interpreting 2012 to be remotely anything to do with the world ending, and never have. If you do your research properly there is a lot of amazing philosophical and self empowering perspectives out there, being tainted and mucked over by all this crap that nobody even believes or supports.

The question is why ? is it an agenda at play to deliberately program the masses into automatically associating and therefore rejecting material, info, knowledge, and anyone who shows a clear identity with metaphysical type subjects and practices? Because beneath the fear tainted level of crap there is a lot of valued knowledge for self development, evolution and self empowerment.

Sorry but anyone who is eager for the 21st Dec to pass so they can use it as a knock down tool, or evidence to gloat about how wrong and fake the whole new age / metaphysical communities must be because 'nothing happened', should seriously question whether they are the ones that have fallen victim to the deception of the media and spin machine all along. Just know that if you want a party to be p***ed at, make sure you aim it at the right source of deception, for the all the communities i know of aren't wasting time or energy over 2012 doomsday crap like you all are. There are far more important issues at hand and it heralds far more important changes than the ones who want you to rumble in the fear pitts and then as a result become aggressive and untrusting towards communities who never did say or think, any of these things.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 6

Fear mongering sells the weekly world newz ?

My understanding is,the media is controlled by maybe 5 large entities. Unless you think on your feet,they brow beat you with nonsense,so you believe it.

It's why news stations cannot report of true drug deaths and pharmaceutical dangers.

These entities are all owners and or advertisers,on all the major stations.

One station here in nyc even admitted this.

We can't report on it,lest our advertisers pull everything and fire all of us,cor telling the truth .

Given this is such an old issue,now that its close,focusing on it will make people go out and buy supplies and gas and yadda yadda,making a lot of people ,wealthier.

This is why I question ,literally,everything in the media now. So much of it is lies ,and many things are media blacked out.

We are fed only what they want us to know .....so.....this ,albeit a nonsensical thing in many ways ,sells stuff.

Selling us stuff,is the bottom line .

• Like 2

The media lie/ over exaggerate about a lot of stuff. The reason they do it is so that people will buy their newspapers/ magazines because they know how easy it is to manipulate people into thinking whatever they have wrote is true. It gets them publicity and more importantly money. The people who believe in these sort of things are nearly as bad as the people who write it. Especially the doom mongers like you said. Its like they actually want it to happen so they know they were right. It's not like its going to get any better either. We are now in the last few weeks leading up to the proposed 'Armageddon.' I'm sure they'll say something like it didn't happen because some event didn't happen that was meant to and move onto the next one. It's all one big cycle.

- Think of Date of a possible Armageddon

- Think of a reason why.

- publicise it, making others believe it and manipulate them.

- As the date gets closer and no signs of it happening start to backtrack abit but still say it might happen.

- As the date passes blame random event that did not happen and make up another date only to do the same thing again.

Quite sad really, but there's a lot of worse things going on in the world at the moment.

In the end they will be right because the world will end eventually, it's just the other 99.9% times they predict it to happen they will be wrong.

• Like 1

Will it be a consciousness shift? Or will nothing happen?

Consciousness is always shifting, but to understand consciousness shifts, you have to break down consciousness and it's multi tiers/levels. Learning to astral project for example, is one example of learning to shift gears through your own levels of consciousness. Consciousness shifts on a individual level as well as on a mass consciousness level. The projected idea that this is will be a consciousness shift for mass consciousness, is not based on just one shift and that is it. The shifting has been taking place in increments for sometime. But more so over the past year.

• Like 3

My understanding is,the media is controlled by maybe 5 large entities. Unless you think on your feet,they brow beat you with nonsense,so you believe it.

It's why news stations cannot report of true drug deaths and pharmaceutical dangers.

We can't report on it,lest our advertisers pull everything and fire all of us,cor telling the truth .

Given this is such an old issue,now that its close,focusing on it will make people go out and buy supplies and gas and yadda yadda,making a lot of people ,wealthier.

This is why I question ,literally,everything in the media now. So much of it is lies ,and many things are media blacked out.

We are fed only what they want us to know .....so.....this ,albeit a nonsensical thing in many ways ,sells stuff.i

Greetings,

So the 21st of Dec is fast approaching and I can't help but notice that the only entities going on about seeing the world end and ramping up the doomsday bandwagon is the damn media.

I have yet to come across anyone in any metaphysical circle who is interpreting it as the end of all life/existence, like the media claim these circles are. My question arises as, so why is this 'fear mongering belief' being tainted on the metaphysical communities?

I hate the media and how they try portray something which isn't. If you do your research, you will find it's a few oddball cults conveniently tagged as 'newage movements' (when they are not even that) that may exist and do hamper on about end days. Like the story about the cult who plan to go to that mountain in France to get picked up by the spaceship. Does anyone realise just how tiny and insignificant these little cults/groups are? and how they do not even represent the mainstream of what is called 'new age beliefs'. What they are, are cults with extreme dogma and mind controlled people. They represent nothing but the sadistic nature of psychology and how a cult becomes hive mind in consciousness. So moving on, the majority of people i know and within the communities are not interpreting 2012 to be remotely anything to do with the world ending, and never have. If you do your research properly there is a lot of amazing philosophical and self empowering perspectives out there, being tainted and mucked over by all this crap that nobody even believes or supports.

The question is why ? is it an agenda at play to deliberately program the masses into automatically associating and therefore rejecting material, info, knowledge, and anyone who shows a clear identity with metaphysical type subjects and practices? Because beneath the fear tainted level of crap there is a lot of valued knowledge for self development, evolution and self empowerment.

Sorry but anyone who is eager for the 21st Dec to pass so they can use it as a knock down tool, or evidence to gloat about how wrong and fake the whole new age / metaphysical communities must be because 'nothing happened', should seriously question whether they are the ones that have fallen victim to the deception of the media and spin machine all along. Just know that if you want a party to be p***ed at, make sure you aim it at the right source of deception, for the all the communities i know of aren't wasting time or energy over 2012 doomsday crap like you all are. There are far more important issues at hand and it heralds far more important changes than the ones who want you to rumble in the fear pitts and then as a result become aggressive and untrusting towards communities who never did say or think, any of these things.

Prezzie for you . I like it . I hope you do .

165956_4086805534211_473850584_n-1.jpg

• Like 1

Quite sad really, but there's a lot of worse things going on in the world at the moment.

In the end they will be right because the world will end eventually, it's just the other 99.9% times they predict it to happen they will be wrong.

Exactly, the people who are really intune with the world and understand the scope of consciousness, aren't wasting their time or energy on this, they just aren't. And it's hard not to see it all as a so called distraction and form of societal programming. If people are donkey carrot led into a sea of fear, consciousness wise, then it becomes very difficult for that being to perceive with clarity what is really going on and very easy for 'they' to control the masses and everything they should perceive. It takes a personal wake up call, or a dark night of the soul, or a huge amount of motivation for a being to want to and manage to wade out of that sea of fear.

• Like 1

Money, I believe is a major motivation for promotion of the 2012 doomsday speculation.

Books, movies, websites etc have made staggering amounts of cash on this theme. Perhaps that is the driving force behind all this hype.

The Mayans have stumped the minds of astronomers with the accuracy of their calendar, seemingly calculated without the use of accurate clocks or even rudimentary telescopes. I believe that set the stage for the "credibility" attributed to the end of their calendar, which appears to indicate they had an understanding of the precession of the equinoxes.

Three or four years ago, it was widely reported the the Winter solstice of December 21, 2012, was to occur at exactly 11:11 UT . This seems to be more accurately published now as 11:12 UT. Perhaps originally this was due to a round-off error. In any case, the 11:11 time originally reported sparked a great deal of interest as there is widespread belief that this time is of some great spiritual significance. Just Google "11:11" and you'll see what interest there is. The number 11, has significant mathematical, social, and numerology implications.

In numerology, the date December 21, 2012 (12/21/2012) adds up to 11 (1+2+2+1+2+1+2) which further attracted interest.

I believe it was Dr. Edgar Mitchell that said something like, "the Mayan calendar was carved out of stone, so it had to end somewhere."

Personally, I don't believe its the end of the World, nor is it some milestone that indicates a "consciousness shift" among the global population. It's just another solstice, made popular by speculative conjecture.

• Like 1

We are fed only what they want us to know .....so.....this ,albeit a nonsensical thing in many ways ,sells stuff.i

Prezzie for you . I like it . I hope you do .

165956_4086805534211_473850584_n-1.jpg

Aw thank you haha. Unfortunately the attachment is too small to see/read.

While people are thinking of or fearing 21st Dec '12, they are not thinking of all the other problem's that are currently going on in the world...

Maybe whoever is controlling the media is trying to take people's mind's off of other thing's they dont want us to know of or about, and use the end time scenario as a distraction...

• Like 1

Money, I believe is a major motivation for promotion of the 2012 doomsday speculation.

Books, movies, websites etc have made staggering amounts of cash on this theme. Perhaps that is the driving force behind all this hype.

Good point. A lot of money has been made by much of the entertainment and media industries. Add the gaming industry to that list too.

What I am looking at is when the date passes, who is going to cop all angst and mistrust ? is it fair that it is going to be projected on the metaphysical/new age communities just because they have been linked in people minds to being the identity, the scape goat?

Will people get angry with the entertainment industries and the media who are the ones who have really made millions from it and seek to spin all this doomsday crap to make more?

• Like 1

Its a side effect from the information age, not all of it is helpful and most of it is garbage, Its funny how anyone of us could die tomorrow but like to fear and impending doom months or years into the future, I tend to use such fearmongering to ground me and enforce the realisation 'live for the day as you never know when its going to end'.

• Like 1

What I am looking at is when the date passes, who is going to cop all angst and mistrust ? is it fair that it is going to be projected on the metaphysical/new age communities just because they have been linked in people minds to being the identity, the scape goat?

Will people get angry with the entertainment industries and the media who are the ones who have really made millions from it and seek to spin all this doomsday crap to make more?

I hadn't considered this, and it could be significant.

We have all seen doomsday predictions before from cults, spindoctors, conmen etc. Some of these predictions have even attracted mainstream media interest, but usually with a tongue-in-cheek reporting style. When these dates arrived and passed without incident, they were written off as the fabrications of the misguided or misinformed.

The 2012 speculation is different, in that it has attracted the attention of scholars and intellectuals alike. I'm not saying they are promoting the notion of doomsday, but the fact that they give it mention adds to the attention the date receives.

Even if there is no shift in consciousness due to some spiritual aspect of the date, the fact that the date arrives and passes without incident, will, in itself, be an "awakening" in those who have allowed the 2012 theme to become part of their reality.

Will it be a consciousness shift? Or will nothing happen?

The date 12-21-2012 marks the mid-point for the first stage of a Great Shift in Consciousness, as I see it. This is a 36 year event(1st stage) where the potentials are created for the evolution which will evolve over the next two generations(about 70 years) after that first stage. The end result, 88 years from now, will be a peace on earth which will be everlasting.

From a spiritual perspective, humanity must first establish itself as a race of beings that will not become unbalanced to the point where it will destroy itself. That task on a planet of free choice requires a balancing of light and dark energies which will ensure its physical survival. That process actually started shifting 25 years ago when we changed direction. The next 88 years will be required to manifest that reality.

We will not see any physical evidence of this on 12-22-2012. Evolution is not a process that has a short time frame like that.

John

• Like 1

I have to agree with every one here so far. I believe it is just hpye to sell book, .movies,supples .shelters.and ect. Isn't the end of things but a new begining. A shift in thinking and doing things different.

Greetings,

I am so in love with your mind dear... ( others ....please don't interpret that the wrong way... I'm happily maried). The mix of metaphysical knowledge and fire in the belly is quite unique.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Just to add one more thing. It's not the new agers, wiccans, buddhists, Shinto, Muslims, or even Christians that think 2012 is the end. It's the people who have not defined themselves that do.... Food for thought.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

There's multiple intentions/agenda's behind the doom & gloom imo..

Here's my 2 cent's worth..

Money..

Books, guns, food stuffs, Fall-out shelters. There's a lot of dosh to be made. Creating a market with fear is a standard marketing ploy, there's many layers to this because as well as creating profit it also raises the value of currency.. Am thinking profit & value here, but think theres more to it because currencies are very shaky.. (money is a means of controling people... it is nothing else.. it has no value)

Distraction..

I think this is key.. Media is very good at distracting people from the real truths.. While the main stream middle class are glued to their TV set's they don't notice the police state placing cameras on every corner of their street & invading & shutting down free sources of media.. Am thinking Wikileaks.

Illusion..

People are less likely to rise up against agressive actions taken by the PTB if they percieve a looming threat.. Am thinking drones in your skies.

Fear..

There is no tool more manipulative than Fear. Making your society live in fear makes them accept changes in law and order that would otherwise be percieved as rash and illogical. Am thinking NDAA.

Apathy..

Why bother? Why bother moaning about how truths are hidden, small freedoms are taken, being watched whever you go, them knowing everything you do with their drones are over your head, and it's illegal to moan.. Why bother when the worlds going to end anayway.. Am thinking being controlled..

Suppression..

Heirachies have all the power..

Power is maintained by suppression..

Self-empowerment destroys heirachies..

Heirachies do not want people to be self-empowered, hense supression though Media..

Edited to add: the over all picture reaks of the PTB using all their power to ensure that we are controlled.. And that we are not self-empowered people.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 3

Just to add one more thing. It's not the new agers, wiccans, buddhists, Shinto, Muslims, or even Christians that think 2012 is the end. It's the people who have not defined themselves that do.... Food for thought.

Like i said, I haven't come across anyone who actually thinks it's to do with the end of the world. Mention 2012 doomsday and the only people who think that it's supposed to end, whether they believe or not, are the people who haven't done their homework and are just automatically linking what the media industries have been spewing out.

The media are awful, they don't write about the multi perspectives of metaphysics and new agers, they zero in on these little obscure oddball cults somewhere, that no one has ever heard of, and inflate them up to be something that is supposed to be representing all with alt or non mainstream beliefs/lifestyles. It's pathetic. I've seen it discussed on this site even where people have this perception and true worry that people in their hordes are going to commit suicide on the 21/22nd or ruin their life's by giving up their jobs/selling their homes/assets because they believe they are leaving the earth.

I would question that very carefully, not seeing any signs that will happen at all. I'm sure there be a cult somewhere that will do something nuts, but cults stand alone, they are not examples of or representations of anything.

Money..

Books, guns, food stuffs, Fall-out shelters. There's a lot of dosh to be made. Creating a market with fear is a standard marketing ploy, there's many layers to this because as well as creating profit it also raises the value of currency.. Am thinking profit & value here, but think theres more to it because currencies are very shaky.. (money is a means of controling people... it is nothing else.. it has no value)

Distraction..

I think this is key.. Media is very good at distracting people from the real truths.. While the main stream middle class are glued to their TV set's they don't notice the police state placing cameras on every corner of their street & invading & shutting down free sources of media.. Am thinking Wikileaks.

Illusion..

People are less likely to rise up against agressive actions taken by the PTB if they percieve a looming threat.. Am thinking drones in your skies.

Fear..

There is no tool more manipulative than Fear. Making your society live in fear makes them accept changes in law and order that would otherwise be percieved as rash and illogical. Am thinking NDAA.

Apathy..

Why bother? Why bother moaning about how truths are hidden, small freedoms are taken, being watched whever you go, them knowing everything you do with their drones are over your head, and it's illegal to moan.. Why bother when the worlds going to end anayway.. Am thinking being controlled..

Suppression..

Heirachies do not want people to be self-empowered, hense supression though Media..

Edited to add: the over all picture reaks of the PTB using all their power to ensure that we are controlled.. And that we are not self-empowered people.

Yes all very well said. And i think Apathy is the greatest danger.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the news media, TV, newspapers, and magazines are show biz.

The are in the business of making money, in a world where only one thing counts...ratings and sales.

If ratings go down they modify their product, that is, format and content, to suit the market.

The words in Don Henley's (Eagles) tune Dirty Laundry sums it up:

"We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who

Comes on at five

She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam

In her eye

It's interesting when people die-

Give us dirty laundry"

• 2 weeks later...

Example of the media (msnbc)

http://www.unexplain...0

"We are expecting a few visionaries, a few people who believe in this end of the world, but in extremely limited numbers," state official Eric Freysselinard told Raw Story. "We are expecting greater numbers of people who are just curious, but in numbers we cannot determine. Above all, we are expecting lots of journalists."

So they say they are expecting the so called 'group' conned as visionaries in extremely limited numbers - correct

But expecting lots of journalists..

So they close access to the mountain.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Money..

Distraction..

Illusion..

Fear..

Apathy..

Suppression..

I think you hit the nail right on the head.

If theres one thing that needs to be did away with its the media. Its the whole government for that matter. NOTHING but CORRUPTION. Makes me sick.

• Like 1

If theres one thing that needs to be did away with its the media. Its the whole government for that matter. NOTHING but CORRUPTION. Makes me sick.

Thanks, but I think there's a hell of a lot more to it than what I posted. It's a learning process with me. some things I say and post I don't fully understand myself, but know the gist of.. But I do think that the media is a major part of the problem, another part of it being the gullibility of people to be swept away by tangents, opintions, pretty lights and things while the puppeteers are either up to no good or hiding a truth from us..

• Like 2

If theres one thing that needs to be did away with its the media.

If you truly believe that Sam, shut your computer off and never turn it on again.

Edited by Likely Guy