Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experiences from childhood.

Daggerhands

Hello all,

I'm very new to this site, so I wanted to just pull up some examples of experiences I've had from childhood, and to see if anyone had any similar stories to share! Would be interesting to dicuss paranormal activity - as most of my friends and family think I'm insane.

These are experiences I believe to be real - though you may feel otherwise, and that's fine with me! If you can offer other explanations then do so.

So, first off - people I call 'Watchers'. I guess they are 'shadow people' - though the watchers have the whites to their eyes, hence why I call them Wathers - as I can tell where they are looking. I can't see the colour of their eyes though - it's just black again! But I encountered a few watchers when I was very young - 2 in particular I saw regularly. There was one at both houses I grew up in (as my parents divorced when I was 2 years old) but as a child I was never really scared of them, though recalling the one at my Dad's house really does scare me now.

Basically, at my Dad's house I always had my bedroom door open, as I was afraid of the dark and my Dad left the landing light on for me. My bed was situated in a way that I was facing the landing. I used to wake up in the night quite a lot - from various different noises and other things - and find that the landing light was now off as Dad had gone to bed himself. Nearly every night that I woke up there I saw a man pacing the landing - about 5'11" and quite slim-built - so I assumed it was my Dad the first few times I saw him. He'd pace for a while - I definitely remember hearing footsteps as well. I don't know if he knew I was awake or not, but he'd stop pacing and lean in the doorway to my room. Now imagine a completely blacked out person and just seeing the whites of his eyes. Pretty freaky - but as I said it didn't bother me as a child. He never did anything to me, never seemed to do much other than watch me sleep - which is kind of sweet in a way.

At my Mum's house there was a little boy in my bedroom. My Mum's house, even at the time, was hundreds of years old, so it may be a previous owner? The little boy would sometimes be there in the evenings as well as in the night, but he always seemed so scared of me. He just sat on the floor - usually under my desk or chair - just watching me play! I guess at the time I was around his age, between 4 and 7 anyway. I did try to talk to him a few times but he just used to back away, though maybe he was scared of the fact I could see him...

Well I'll leave it at that for now, as I have written a lot there... But I have had other strange experiences that I'd be happy to share and discuss if any one was interested.

Though I really would like to know if anyone has seen Watchers themselves! Please let me know :) Thank you!

• Like 2

welcome-4.gif

I've never had experiences with Shadow People or Watchers, which I'm kinda glad about because they sound scary! There's people here who have experienced them so I'm sure they'll share their stories with you here. I have experienced some things - ghostly and poltergeist stuff, so I am a believer, and would love to hear more of your experiences!

Hello and thanks for joining the site!!!!! I too have had many experiances. most of them as i got older but one time when i was maybe 10yrs old i was lieing in bed my younger brother and younger cousins ages from 5, 7, and 8 ish we were all watching tv, when all the sudden i got this urge look out the window, now mind you we lived in a very rural area, in a 3 bedroom trailer, it was dusk sun just set again ish. so i made my youngest cousin to open the window blind a bit which he did without really paying attention. all the sudden i look up and in the top of the right hand corner there was a elderly mans face staring at me like he was laying on the roof and hanging over the edge but i saw no hands just his face he smiled and vanished. i just layed there stunned i asked my brother and cousins to look but it was gone so fast no clue. as i have gotten older i have had many experiances ill share if yall want em one pretty amazing. but i have seen shadow people and never felt anything negative from then, one use to always be in a hallway at work,

Thanks :) Shadow people/Watchers aren't scary - just kind of shocking to see! And pokingjoker that sounds quite scary, but sweet that he smiled :P he was probably playing a little game with you!

I have a niece(cousins kid) that's in her teens now but when she was around the age of 2-3 she would play and talk to a person who she said was grandpa. I know that her dads father passed away not too long after she was born and from what i was told he was really close with her before his passing. around the age of 7 she started talking about her friend Jessica that she would play with all the time. it started to creep my aunt(her grandma) cause she would literally get into fits with the jessica and ask my aunt to tell Jessica to leave her alone. I never got to see that but I wish I had.

Oh ya welcome to UM!

Edited by edcanmakeamess

Ooh very creepy! Obviously Jessica wasn't a very nice person :(

Just a funny 'paranormal' story for you -

I had an 'imaginary' friend who lived at the bottom of my mum's garden. It was a man who called himself Jesus - though I don't know if it was Jesus or if he just called himself that because he's a kind man. I remember going to talk to him there, for ages! Talking about what I did at school etc. My mum asked me what I was doing, and so I said 'I'm speaking to Jesus!' - so she thought some creepy man was at the bottom of the garden! She stormed down their with me and I pointed and said 'There he is!' and my Mum said 'Oh.. it's a cat!'

Now I distinctly remember a man! But there was actually a siamese cat just sat on the wall. And to my knowledge none of our neighbours owned a siamese. I never spoke to him after that. Funny story though :P

• Like 1

Never seen shadow people or watchers but I have seen a ghost so I am a believer.

15yrs ago I was sick in bed and seen 3 black people looking in my window at me whispering, I thought they

were aborigines as there was alot of them in the area, I was trying to call for my husband but couldn't move or speak.

I couldn't keep my eyes open and when I next opened them they were bending over the top of me whispering and shaking their heads

like they were really concerned. I was freaking out but could do nothing, seemed so real but I was sick so put it down to that,

but it scared me so much.

Good topic . A thread for just childhood experiences would be a good place to compare notes .

I don't have any experiences from my own childhood, but when my eldest daughter was a toddler we would hear her talking to someone when she was in her crib at night. We would ask her who she was talking to and she would say "Binya". We laughed it off and thought she was just babbling to herself and calling it Binya.

That Christmas, we were at my father's house decorating the tree and I put up an ornament that had a picture of my deceased mother on it. My daughter pointed at the ornament and said, "Look! Binya!" Now I can't for sure say there was anything to it, but it made us all sit back for a moment, stunned.

I used to see all sorts of kooky shiz as a child but it's extremely smokey and confusing to sort out the ''real'' (if there ever is such a thing...) and the free realm of imagination most children hold. My sis did see 'cloaked' or 'shadowy' beings and apparently they whispered hoarsely in her ear from time to time... pretty creepy, real or not. Your experience does correlate with a couple of experiences I know me and my sis had around our house.

My elder brother passed away and a few short months later my mother calls me up in tears my 5yr old neice was running through the house laughing and stated tag your it. then shortly she started looking under the table and furniture, when asked what she was doing she stated my brother and her were playing tag, and now she cant find him anywhere.

I've heard a lot of stories of young children playing with spirits of the recently deceased. It's quite sweet!

I'd like to see some more stories :)

• 3 weeks later...

I used to see black 'blob' like things running around my bedroom at night and sometimes they would surround me in my bed. They never did anything to me though (I recall having a few nightmares about them though). I used to call them 'Red Eyes' cause sometimes I would catch a glimpse of red glowing eyes around my room, no matter the time of day, with or without a shadowy body.

We used to live in a larger 3 bedroom mobile home but that one was pretty old, so when I was 11 we took that one out and put a newer one in it's place. I still see little black shadowy figures running around the house. Some are in my new room (the opposite end of the house where my old room used to be) and some are in the kitchen (the area where my room used to be) or just simply everywhere.

It's startling to see them but I don't feel threatened by them any more. I know some people have had negative experiences with Shadow People and the like, but I figure, like people and animals, all intelligent beings have their bad eggs, which give the entire group a bad name.

I am glad, however, to see that there are people who share the same ideas that I do, that dark shadowy things aren't necessarily 'evil'.

One of my earliest and most vivid paranormal experiences dates back to when I was 5 or 6 years old, and is somewhat similar to yours.

I awoke one night in the early hours of the morning to the sight what I thought was my mother - she had her back turned to me and was wearing my mother's night robe, and appeared to be preocuppied with something in the kitchen.

Suspecting nothing out of the ordinary, I asked her for a glass of water and returned to sleep.

A moment of time passed. I don't recollect exactly how long.

It could have been minutes, it could have been an hour; it was difficult to tell in my sleepy haze.

I opened my eyes once more and peered over to the kitchen, my mom hadn't moved at all from the spot where I had last seen her. "Mom," I said, "I asked you for a glass of water..."

She turned to face me, and I realized immediately that whatever it was certainly wasn't my mother.

Her face had a greenish hue to it and her features were warped. She started to walk toward me slowly.

Scared witless, I started screaming, got up and ran for my parents' bedroom, which thankfully was straight across from my bed, out of her direct path.

They didn't believe what I had seen, of course; my dad comforted me and took me back to bed, flipping on the light switch, and pointing out that nothing was there.

He was right. Whatever it was had gone.

Years later, I must have been 15 or 16, I asked my mom if she recalled the experience.

She said that there were rumors of a very sick and very nasty old woman that had passed away in the appartment.

Naturally it wasn't anything that her or any sane person would take seriously, so they hadn't paid much heed to it.

I remain mostly curious as to what it was. I'd like to go back to that old appartment some day.

Edited by Torris