Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who did not vote?

Pyridium

My opinion is if you don't vote you can't complain. Even if you dislike the two major party choices there are many independent choices. A bit of research could have given you a candidate which was more along your views. If those 6 million people who didn't vote chose to vote for an independent candidate there may have been 3 parties participating in the next debates, 3 parties receiving funding, and 3 parties covered by the media during the next election.

If you did not get out to vote because you didn't like the 2 party choices, you are accepting that the two party system is the right thing. If you dislike the 2 parties then you should have voted 3rd party. Everyone should vote, only we can change the current system, the gov't is going to do it for us, they enjoy their power and will never willingly give it up.

I hear what you are saying, and I even considered giving my vote to Gary Johnson. But I after alot of consideration, I decided against it. The reason is cause there is no way this 2 headed one party system is going to let go of thier monopoly. Like we saw with Ron Paul in the primaries. If there is anything that threatens thier power, they just change the rules. Even if the libertarian party got 5% of the vote, come 2016, they'd change it to 6%. Or they would just lie and say we didnt get 5%. Its thier game, and short of a revolution, they will never let us win. Anyone here who knows me, knows I care about this country and its future a great deal. So much so that I just cant be part of a game that they will never let the people win.

If you dont vote you dont have an opinion, if you vote and lose then you can have a real grouse, if you voted and won well you can sit back and see what kind of a mess your vote caused,and say I knew this would happen, but it could have been worse if the other guy won.

People who did not vote are still allowed an opinion. This is a stupid rule repeated by stupid people. I voted! I won't tell another their opinion does not count, or that they don't have one as you stated, simply because they did not vote.

In 2008, Obama got 66.8 million votes. In 2012 Obama got 60.8 million votes, 6 million votes LESS.

McCain got 58.3 million votes and lost to Obama by 8.5 million votes.

Romney got 57.9 million votes and lost to Obama by 2.9 million votes.

125.1 million votes in 2008. 118.7 million votes in 2012. 6.4 million fewer voters in 2012.

Congrats Obama, looks like the moral majority just could not swallow a Mormon and just did not show up to vote.

The Moral Majority has been defunct since the 1980s. The Christian Right on the other hand, who no longer have clout within the Republican Party btw, were all told to go vote against Obama because same-sex marriage and other social issues. Certainly they did vote. Your proposition is wrong because even if the "Moral Majority" still existed they would no longer be a majority. Christians are in decline. Even if we all voted our numbers won't be as high as in previous decades. This is the reason for the low numbers but also because many Christians, including myself, voted but not for Romney.

In land of the morons, it doesn't really matter who voted and who didn't vote, apparently. The fact that beneficial state amendments were voted down shows that we quite literally live in the land of idiocracy. January 2013 will be a very intersting month, especially if certain tax cuts aren't renewed. Combine that with a new healthcare tax in 2014, and an eventual carbon tax as well. Good job people.

Sorry but people who mention the movie Idiocracy to describe the nation are not very intelligent themselves. You are using an example from a very unsophisticated movie to tell others they are dumb? Please watch more high brow movies and maybe then you could call another person dumb.

Well that depends. If someone didnt vote just cause they dont care about thier country or politics or whatever then you are right. That person shouldnt have a opinion worth listening to. Personaly not voting in this election was my vote of no confidence. Neither of these men even came close to representing what I believe. If you have to leave your integrity at the door of a voting booth, how have you served your country?

Everyone deserves their opinion to be listened to. Cutting off communication and shutting your ears is immature. Your opinion is worth listening to but I don't agree with it,

As far as im concerned, we already have pure evil. No matter which guy you voted for, you support the military being able to kidnapp a American citizan, detain them idefinitly, or worse torcher them, or worse out right kill them. You stand in support of the patriot act. You stand in support of the TSA molesting women and children. You support homeland labling every person in this country a possible terrorist. You support the bailouts. You support the fed giving foriegn banks tax payers money. You support the tax payers paying for companies to move over seas. You support endless unconstitutional undeclared wars. You support outragous freedom stripping legislation. And the list goes on and on.

Personaly there is no way in hell Im giving anyone the green light to continue such maddness with my vote.

TSA does not molest anyone. Saying this is very condenscending towards actual sexual molestation victims and not taking actual sexual assault very serious. Everything else you mentioned is whining. You seem angry lol

Now what scripture says to be a whiny complainer? None!

and it would make sense that conservatives and even many Christians do not take sexual assault serious, sick, they blame it on the female, say things like keep the rape baby, and god meant for it!!!!

and this is the real reason they lost...

Edited by Chasingtherabbit

Everyone deserves their opinion to be listened to. Cutting off communication and shutting your ears is immature. Your opinion is worth listening to but I don't agree with it

Well a person who refuses to vote, simply cause they just dont care, to me, is a person not worth listening to when it comes to political matters. Im not saying I wouldnt hear them out. Im just saying thier opinion wouldnt hold much weight to me. Why should it? If a person doesnt care enough about his country to even know whats going on, why should thier opinion matter to anyone?

TSA does not molest anyone. Saying this is very condenscending towards actual sexual molestation victims and not taking actual sexual assault very serious. Everything else you mentioned is whining. You seem angry lol

Of course they molest people. Ive litteraly seen grown women crying after having thier private parts grouped.

In any other situation, people would have been arrested for doing the exact same things the TSA does. And lets not even get into all the property they steal from people as well. Admitted no less. Damn right Im angry that cause of some supposed men in caves half way around the world have been able to remove our constitutional rights.

BTW one idiot who took the issue of rape lightly in no way represents the majority of christians. Who's angry now? LOL

I almost wasn't going to vote, but was manhandled into voting for Obama, but truthfully I did rather him win.... I hope he has a good term... I could have told you that was going to happen without any research. Of course people didn't show up to vote this time, it was a completely different look and feel in 2008, we thought Obama was a different guy,

The powerful message in 2008, however was that WE were going to stand together and start making some changes. Hopefully WE still feel that way.

Of course they molest people. Ive litteraly seen grown women crying after having thier private parts grouped.

[media=]

[/media]

In any other situation, people would have been arrested for doing the exact same things the TSA does. And lets not even get into all the property they steal from people as well. Admitted no less. Damn right Im angry that cause of some supposed men in caves half way around the world have been able to remove our constitutional rights.

BTW one idiot who took the issue of rape lightly in no way represents the majority of christians. Who's angry now? LOL

133355165284.jpg

• Like 1

I seriously considered not voting at all, but decided to vote AGAINST the status quo, and against several candidates here on the local level.

It turns out I may have helped defeat the idiot Allen West. Hope so, anyway, as they are still counting and recounting.

I seriously considered not voting at all, but decided to vote AGAINST the status quo, and against several candidates here on the local level.

It turns out I may have helped defeat the idiot Allen West. Hope so, anyway, as they are still counting and recounting.

Please tell me he was running for Mayor, and you live in Quahog, Rhode Island.

and it would make sense that conservatives and even many Christians do not take sexual assault serious, sick, they blame it on the female, say things like keep the rape baby, and god meant for it!!!!

and this is the real reason they lost...

Hey man, that was not a "conservative" opinion. That was one conservatives opinion and he lost accordingly. Why would you think that's a view held dear by conservatives? C'mon now.

The TSA has been guilty of less than honorable actions. If it were ANY other situation you'd call the cops on someone. They have a federal right to grope. Apparently the guidelines of appropriateness are very loose in that agency.

And I'm not sure that wolverine was talking about the movie but even if he was that movie was hilarious. The number one concern on the presidents agenda was a lack of Taco Bells. We're not quite idiocracy yet but that movie takes place in 500 years from now. I dunno, any things possible...

They are waiting for 2016......A certain woman from Alaska......They new she could not beat Obama, trust me, it is planned.

This certain woman from Alaska wouldn't win in any Century,and will not in 2016.

If thats the best the Republicans can do then looks like another Democrat president after Obama.

Edited by shaddow134

This certain woman from Alaska wouldn't win in any Century,and will not in 2016.

If thats the best the Republicans can do then looks like another Democrat president after Obama.

By then Paul Ryan and Rand Paul will have a lot more experience, so we'll see.