Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Its harder then rocket science-Physics

Big Bad Voodoo

Well,

Im realy bad physicist. I do know realy basic principles but often hit at wall called advanced physics and quantnum mechanics.

I often found guy called Sepulcrave quite useful. On his posts I often dont have nothing to add or to ask because he is way of my league. I hope others will come by and help me and others with their cute analogies because somehow its best way I can learn. Math formulas are just details. As Einstein told: "I want to know all Gods thoughts; all the rest are just details."

Thoughts is what are important. Conclusions. What experiments and formula tell us about universe. Anyway reason why I started this thread is improve my knowledge of physics. Atleast in parts that I found interesting. Since I dont like normal stuff I will go to wierd one. Quantum mechanics.

Since Im real fan of Einstein I will quote him agian: "God doesnt play dice." well I think he was wrong. God/Cosmos/Brahna/Spinoza god does play dice.

Its called universe of probabilities.

So I would start with my questions. You are free to ask any and give answer to any given question.

My question is in nutshell-What we know anyway?

1.Stars in galaxies are holding by dark matter to not jump out of galaxies. What is dark matter? How is it form? Is this some secret connection trough universe. Theory of everything doesnt describe it. So does dark matter debunks theory of everything? same with Neutrino.

2.How and why on Sun Hydrogen will fuse into Hellium without reaching needed temperature? Answer is Quantnum then why doesnt happened on Earth?

Why on earth Hydrogen fuse into Helium purly by chance.

3.I heard that mathmatician are calculated that dots in side of square has same number of dots as square itself. How is this possible?

4. By pointing our telescope at starless sky, far away universe we actualy look in past. Universe when stars were not yet. There with microwaves we can detect Big Bang lights. Which souround known universe. Isnt that itself edge of universe? Time end and edge? Im mean whats behind Cosmic background radiation? Nothing right?

5. We are now seeing the world as 3D and 1time dimension. Althoug string theory works with 9 dimensions. I dont know from where they get number 9?

Randomly? What about theories about 3D and 2 time dimensions. Now this realy interests me. What would that tell us if true? Time travel? Parallel universe? Double time now thats crazy.

6. This is for all real physicists-Just curious. Do you belive that space is deterministic? Do you belive that just dont know enough data and their interreactions and that behind quantnum mechanics lies "normal physics". Quantnum tells us that cat is 50% dead or alive. But I will back to cat later as you could imagine.

7.What Einstein Time rotation tells us? I can grasp it. Can we disort time?

8. Again Einstein.Einsteins E=mc2 is not complete. So does it mean its wrong?

9. How come that tides doesnt break earth crust?

10. Now this is awesome. I heard that flat stones are made because of gravity. Because they cant roll and become round. Because they are heavy.

How come when I notice many small flat stones that can fit in my hand? They could role.

11.How come that we have one universe and two physics theory. Where is border? Can tell from now own Newton means nothing? I got partly answer on this.

12.Do we have any proof that dark energy force galaxy to accelerate? or is it just suggestions?

13. Why magnetic field of earth shifts? What other things have magnetic fields? I heard that heart in humans have magnetic field? How come that neutrino isnt affected by it?

14. How photon of light have two ways to become couple and one that dont. What kind of thing is it? any analogy?

15. Why is Neutrino so mysterious?Cherenkov radiation, no partners, not affected by Magnetic force...

16. Schrödingers Cat- Simply who look on us as we look on cat?

17.What was before Big Bang? Im mean there was time before time. Thats unthinkable.

18.Is any mysteries in second law of thermodynamics?

• Like 1

When I think of the big bang theory I have to wonder where the stuff came from to make such a bang.

When I think of the big bang theory I have to wonder where the stuff came from to make such a bang.

That too. Then we are symetrycal being, we have symetrical laws of physics. We notice symetry. We would at mili second notice cube in jungle. Yet universe is asymetrical. There was more matter then antimatter. Thats why is something then nothing.

Physics is my only really weak subject . In school I passed by the skin of my teeth .

I actually went to my chemistry teacher for study advice ,and she said ,Physics is the one true science ,and it governs all worldly actions.

I passed with a C .Only C I ever got in my life .

Great question. I always wonder too about what there was 'before' the Big Bang. If time is interlinked with space (don't ask me to explain it, I can recite some of the physics rules and consequences but can't comprehend or visualize it well), that I think means that time was also created at the Big Bang. So how do you get a cause for the Big Bang before there is even time, doesn't a cause and an effect require time?

3.I heard that mathmatician are calculated that dots in side of square has same number of dots as square itself. How is this possible?

I think what you're referring to is that information content depends on area, not on volume. The maximum amount of information in a region of space is proportional to the area of that region, not its volume. For instance, the information content inside a black hole is encoded on the area of the black hole's event horizon.

• Like 1

1.Stars in galaxies are holding by dark matter to not jump out of galaxies. What is dark matter? How is it form? Is this some secret connection trough universe. Theory of everything doesnt describe it. So does dark matter debunks theory of everything? same with Neutrino.

Dark matter is still very much a mystery. We do not really know exactly what it is yet or how it forms.

2.How and why on Sun Hydrogen will fuse into Hellium without reaching needed temperature? Answer is Quantnum then why doesnt happened on Earth?

Inside the sun where hydrogen is turned into helium through the process of nuclear fusion temperature is not the only factor, the immense pressure inside the sun also is extremely important for fusion to occur. Fusion does not occur naturally on Earth because 1. The temperature is much, much less than on the sun, and 2. the pressure is also much much less. Therefore the conditions are not right for nuclear fusion to occur.

Can you explain this one more? I am not sure I understand exactly what you mean.

4. By pointing our telescope at starless sky, far away universe we actualy look in past. Universe when stars were not yet. There with microwaves we can detect Big Bang lights. Which souround known universe. Isnt that itself edge of universe? Time end and edge? Im mean whats behind Cosmic background radiation? Nothing right?

Good question. What is south of the south pole?

5. We are now seeing the world as 3D and 1time dimension. Althoug string theory works with 9 dimensions. I dont know from where they get number 9?

Randomly? What about theories about 3D and 2 time dimensions. Now this realy interests me. What would that tell us if true? Time travel? Parallel universe? Double time now thats crazy.

From my limited understanding of string theory the number 9 (or 11 take your pick) comes from the math. The equations used to describe string theory are only valid in a 9 dimensional (or 11) universe. There is no experimental evidence that shows this is true, it comes from the maths.

6. This is for all real physicists-Just curious. Do you belive that space is deterministic? Do you belive that just dont know enough data and their interreactions and that behind quantnum mechanics lies "normal physics". Quantnum tells us that cat is 50% dead or alive. But I will back to cat later as you could imagine.

Another really good question. I think in the coming decades we will have more information to try and answer this question with. Right now based on the information we have I would say that no the universe at quantum scales is not deterministic, it is probabilistic.

Not sure exactly what you mean here either. Time rotation? are you referring to relativity or?

What do you mean it is not complete? Please explain further.

9. How come that tides doesnt break earth crust?

Tides? Like the tidal force exerted by the moon on the earth? simply not enough force to break the earths crust. It flexes the crust and pulls on it, but not enough force to break it.

10. Now this is awesome. I heard that flat stones are made because of gravity. Because they cant roll and become round. Because they are heavy.

How come when I notice many small flat stones that can fit in my hand? They could role.

Flat stones? Not sure what you mean here. Very small flat stones would not have been made flat by gravity, they would have been made flat by the forces of wind and water erosion over time. Large flat stones are indeed flat because of gravity. For instance for basalt stones that are formed from magma, the magma is influenced by gravity and flattened as it cools, in space, magma would form a sphere and cool to form a sphere.

11.How come that we have one universe and two physics theory. Where is border? Can tell from now own Newton means nothing? I got partly answer on this.

Good question. Answer this question and you may just win a Nobel ;)

12.Do we have any proof that dark energy force galaxy to accelerate? or is it just suggestions?

We do have proof. In fact last years Nobel prize in physics went to three scientists who proved that the accelerated expansion of the universe is indeed real. Here is a link about it http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/10/111004-nobel-prize-physics-universe-expansion-what-is-dark-energy-science/

13. Why magnetic field of earth shifts? What other things have magnetic fields? I heard that heart in humans have magnetic field? How come that neutrino isnt affected by it?

The magnetic field of the Earth is most likely caused by the movement of liquid Iron in the core. Computer models show that the field shifts due to shifting movements in the flow of this liquid iron (most likely). Every atom has a small magnetic field, magnetism is caused by the spin of the electron in an atom (permanent magnets) or the flow of electrons as in an electromagnet. When enough electrons line up to have the same spin direction then the magnetic field becomes stronger. Neutrino's are not effected by magnetism because they have no charge. Just as a neutron would not be affected by magnetism because it has no charge.

14. How photon of light have two ways to become couple and one that dont. What kind of thing is it? any analogy?

Can you explain this further? What do you mean become couple?

15. Why is Neutrino so mysterious?Cherenkov radiation, no partners, not affected by Magnetic force...

Neutrino's are interesting particles. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject of Neutrino's can answer this one. I am curious as well.

Not sure what you are looking for here?

17.What was before Big Bang? Im mean there was time before time. Thats unthinkable.

Nobody knows, it is one of the greatest mysteries.

Like what kind of mysteries?

• Like 1

Those have always been good questions.

I, for one have only speculation and no answers to any of them.

Hopefully as the techniques of science continue to increase, we'll get closer to answers.

Hello Einsteinium and welcome to the UM. :rolleyes:

I wish I could explain more that dots in side of square has same number of dots as square itself. I read it before in two articles.

About 7 yes I was thinking how time is relativ.

About 8. E=mc2 doesnt work with things without mass such as light. ;)

About flat stones-No wind would made them round not flat. So I dont understand how small flat stones are formed.

About 12.So we have proof. Then from where came this dark energy force? What kind of force is it?

14. I heard that when photon pass trough another photon , new photon start travel same way as first one and start "shining." That have 66%chance to do it.

16. Who decide that you post on UM. Because chances were 50%. Either you post or not. Same with cat. We cause cat to either die or live by observing cat. So who observe you when you decide to wrote on UM? ;)

Ignore 18 for now.

Cheers.

I generally agree with everything Einsteinium has said. And to expound further on some points...

Not really. The gravitational attraction of the galactic core is sufficient to hold a galaxy together. BUT, from OUR perspective it looks like the stars at the edges of galaxies are rotating around the galactic cores too fast. So there are a few possibilities (probaby more than just the ones I list here, too):

1. The stars aren't actually moving that fast, it is simple some ``trick of the light'' that we haven't realized yet. If we could observe the same galaxy from a billion lightyears away (i.e. a different perspective) we might see something different.
  2. Our quasi-Newtonian approach to calculating what the velocity of the stars ``should'' be is too simplistic, we need to use a more comprehensive mass-energy tensor in Einstein's equations.
  3. Einstein's choice for the tensor describing the curvature of space is incorrect, one should use a different curvature term (perhaps the Weyl tensor).
  4. There is some extra mass in the galactic halo that we cannot observe with our telescopes.

The first possibility is kind of pointless to consider. Since we can't travel millions of light years to get a different perspective (yet, anyway), and since we can see anything ``special'' about our position in the Universe, we have to assume that someone observing the same distant galaxy from, say, Andromeda, would see the same thing we do.

The second and third possibilities are very technical and very difficult to figure out.

The fourth is very simple to state, and sounds more exciting than the other two. Rest assured, all possibilities are being studied; but most people who are not physicists or mathematicians don't even know what a tensor is, let alone the subtle differences between a conformal and a non-conformal curvature tensor.

The problem with galactic rotation was discovered years ago, and since then there have been several other interesting things that suggest dark matter is real (like the famous Bullet cluster).

Dark matter doesn't ``break'' the theory of everything (and I assume by that you mean the Standard Model). We have been trying (but so far with no success) to directly observe a dark matter particle. Presumably these particles have different properties than most common particles we have experience with, but this is no a problem.

The Standard Model can easily be extended to include extra particles, and it is unlikely that dark matter will possess any new forces that we have not already studied.

The Sun has the right temperature and pressure to fuse hydrogen, as Einsteinium said.

You can fuse hydrogen into helium on Earth quite easily. What we can't do (yet, anyway) is due hydrogen and get energy out of the process (right now we have to put energy in to the process).

There are many attempts to get fusion power generation to work, but it is clear we will need a containment system capable of withstanding very high temperatures and pressures, and right now we haven't figured out how to do that.

I think you are paraphrasing a statement that regards the continuum hypothesis.

I would suggest watching the ``Minute Physics'' video on

if you haven't already.

They got the number of dimensions by increasing the degrees of freedom in the system so they could resolve all singularities and other ``unappetizing'' things.

It has to do with conformal field theory, if you are really interested.

It is straightforward (but very complicated) to study worlds with N space-like dimensions and M time-like dimensions. Einstein's equations are actually very arbitrary; you can ``plug in'' whatever type of dimensions you want.

There is a very good chart (and discussion) of the different possibilities on wikipedia (as usual!).

Basically with too many dimensions (time or space) things like causality and closed trajectories break down, and it is probably impossible for anything other than a chaotic quantum soup of particles to form.

Remember that the ``extra dimensions'' in string theory are either compact or inaccessible to use (see the wiki) to avoid the above problem.

I believe that the universe is not deterministic. I believe that wave function collapse is ``real''.

Yes, by travelling close to the speed of light. (HOWEVER note that this ``distorts time'' in the same sense that looking at an object from a different angle ``distorts space''. Really you are just changing your perspective, not fundamentally altering the Universe.)

Again, watch the Minute Physics youtube video on

if you haven't already. (If you like physics, I would recommend watching as many of them as you can!)

Well E = mc2 is incomplete, but every physicist knows that (including Einstein). the complete form is E2 = m2c4+p2c2 for momentum p, mass m, and speed of light c. (Einstein knew this as well.) This is not as ``catchy'' as E = mc2 so it is often paraphrased as such. But anyone who actually uses Relativity to calculating things knows, and uses, the full equation.

Now we also know that the theory of General Relativity does not account for everything (it only really accounts for large-scale gravity), but it is still ``correct'' in a certain regime. General Relativity accurately predicts the motion of planets, comets, apples, rockets, satellites, cannon balls, etc. (And, if you assume dark matter is real, it accurately predicts the motion of stars, and if you assume dark energy is real, it accurately predicts the motion of galaxies.)

Hopefully we will someday come to a theory that ``goes beyond'' General Relativity. BUT this new theory will still be equivalent to General Relativity when dealing on the length, time, and mass scales that General Relativity is currently used for (just like General Relativity is equivalent to Newtonian Mechanics for objects that are moving slowly and have small masses).

I assume you are talking about the bridge from the microscopic quantum world to the macroscopic Newtonian world, not about the gap between General Relativity and Quantum Field Theory.

Every macroscopic object can be explained by Quantum Field Theory. There is no ``border''. However macroscopic objects are usually made of 1018 or more particles, and are usually at relatively large temperatures (i.e. not close to absolute zero), so quantum effects don't really matter much. There is an approximate ``road map'' of what physics theory to use on Wikipedia, and there is also a discussion of this very topic as well to be found here.

Like Einsteinium said, we know the expansion of the Universe is accelerating (although that is dependent on the assumption that our position in the universe is not privileged).

We assume this is due to an otherwise unknown entity that we call ``dark energy'', rather than some error in the formulation of General Relativity.

15. Why is Neutrino so mysterious?Cherenkov radiation, no partners, not affected by Magnetic force…

Every charged particle travelling faster than the speed of light in a medium exhibits Cherenkov radiation. This is why spent nuclear fuel glows blue in a cooling pond - the fuel is releasing electrons that are travelling faster than the speed of light in water (the speed of light in water is about 75% of the actual speed of light).

Neutrinos do not have an electric charge, so they do not produce Cherenkov radiation. This is also why they are not affected by magnetism, and why they can travel through matter freely unless they hit the nucleus of an atom (since they are incredibly tiny, it is very rare for this to happen).

The fascination with neutrinos is therefore related to the fact that they are so hard to detect. Since neutrinos don't interact with matter very much (you have about a trillion neutrinos passing through your body every second), and are usually made in nuclear reactions (like those in the hearts of stars) they are potentially very useful for astronomy. But of course since they are so hard to detect, they are very difficult to use.

Neutrinos are also interesting because they almost always seem to have the same helicity, and that they may be their own antiparticle.

If neutrinos have a reasonable rest mass, they might also make up an appreciable fraction of dark matter.

But since it is so hard to detect neutrinos with any kind of regularity, it is difficult to answer these questions.

Schrodinger's Cat was a thought experiment that Erwin Schrodinger came up with to illustrate problems with the Copenhagen Intepretation of Quantum Mechanics.

Schrodinger meant to show that certain aspects of the Copenhagen Intepretation were ridiculous: the idea that a cat could be both alive and dead until someone looks in the box is stupid.

Unfortunately too many people misunderstood Schrodinger, and thought that he was actually suggesting that the cat could be both alive and dead.

So then another physicist, Wigner, extended the argument with the Wigner's friend thought experiment; here Wigner's friend looks in the box, but Wigner doesn't know what he saw… does that mean that Wigner's friend has seen a cat that is both alive and dead until Wigner asks him? Again, no, that is stupid.

The crucial aspect of quantum entanglement that most people overlook is that ``observation'' does not mean a ``conscious observer sees it''. ``Observation'' is the same as ``interaction''.

Entanglement breaks as soon as the entangled object interacts with something else.

A pair of electrons can be spin parallel or antiparallel at the same time, as long as nothing else interferes with them.

The cat in the box is not alive and dead at the same time.

Not really.

• Like 2

I hope more physicist will join us. :st

Edit: Just when I wrote this I noticed Sepul short respond. I must go reading now with my google open and prepare myself for research.

Edited by the L

Sepulchrave,

I seen all vids in that youtube channel and two more which I found to be "most popluar" physicists channel.

From channel you link , and from which I raised many question , most what impressed me is Pink colour and How to break speed of light in own backyard.

But some I found stupid. As that some infinities are larger then others because they are not. I can provide more info.

To continue -1.What do you say about Milgrom idea?

3-That video doesnt explain it how is that possible. Its only explined that we could live in one dimension so curved that we could see it as 3D unless its prooven othervise. But how is possible to have same dots in two stated objects is ...mysterious. Isnt?

5-So its called ultrahyperbolic dimension. Its just wrote is unpredictable not unstable. We would live in realy chaotic universe right?

6-Can you give analogy for wave function collapse so even I could understand it? I found it interesting so next time I spoke to some smart physicist and when he tells me that world is determinized I could atlast tell him what I allways felt in my heart but not been able to express it. And now I even have evidnece for such.

7.Do you believe we will be ever able to time travel? And when I ask you that, same with teleport? ...In fact to continue...do you believe that man will be able to effect with his mind EM field one day same as is able to effect his body with mind. There are many interesting abilities that people describe. And some we tested. Yoga improves health. We can feel when someone stare at us even we dont see him, people can be like magnets...to nam few I could do it for hour.

11. Then why Jupiter doesnt blink and appear here then there? And why then electrons doesnt orbit around nucleous?

Do you believe in multiverse?

Is there any argument against Big bounces theory? Maybe universe is breading.

What do you think is best mystery in physics? Or few.

Edited by the L

As that some infinities are larger then others because they are not. I can provide more info.

Please do. I am fairly convinced that some infinities are larger than others; as I see there are at least two levels of infinity: the ``countably infinite''and the ``uncountably infinite''.

To continue -1.What do you say about Milgrom idea?

It is ok. My personal favourite is conformal gravity (because quantum field theory is also conformal, so presumably if we ever succeed in adding gravity to quantum field theory the result will be conformal as well).

But I don't know that many technical details on the subject.

3-That video doesnt explain it how is that possible. Its only explined that we could live in one dimension so curved that we could see it as 3D unless its prooven othervise. But how is possible to have same dots in two stated objects is ...mysterious. Isnt?

Well what is a ``dot''? If a dot has a finite size the no, there isn't necessarily the same number of dots on the edge of a square as in the interior of that square.

But if you are referring to ``dots'' as infinitesimal points, then there are an infinite number of points on a line of any finite length, and the number of points is uncountable. So if all uncountable infinities are the same... for every point you can find inside the square, can't you find a point on the line as well?

5-So its called ultrahyperbolic dimension. Its just wrote is unpredictable not unstable. We would live in realy chaotic universe right?

Yes. The argument is that we would never be able to exist. No type of "ordinary" matter would be able to form, etc.

For example, 4 space + 1 time dimensions is an easier Universe to contemplate. In this Universe stable orbits do not exist - there could be no solar systems!

In a Universe with 3 space + 2 time dimensions that you mention, how would things age? Would "cause" have to precede "effect" in both time directions?

This is what they mean when they say "unpredictable". Our Universe is chaotic, but chaos is not unpredictable - it is only unpredictable without perfect information. I think the "unpredictable" Universes described in that chart mean even if you knew everything about a system you could not predict what would happen because there are too many degrees of freedom - but I could be wrong.

6-Can you give analogy for wave function collapse so even I could understand it? I found it interesting so next time I spoke to some smart physicist and when he tells me that world is determinized I could atlast tell him what I allways felt in my heart but not been able to express it. And now I even have evidnece for such.

I will do my best...

Picture a piece of graph paper; something with a regular square grid. Label the squares going up and down the page as ``momentum'', and the squares going across the page as ``position''. Now each square on the graph paper can be identified by two numbers (say ``position 3, momentum 5'' or ``position 1, momentum 13'')

Now in classical physics an object - like an electron - would be a push pin. You can stick the push pin into any square you want.

In quantum physics that same electron would be a popsicle stick. The stick lies flat on the graph paper, and you can rotate it any direction you want. Importantly, the stick takes up more than one square.

If we want to ``measure the position'' of the popsicle stick, the stick is rotated so it is vertical on the graph paper; it only occupies one column of squares - so it has only one position. If the stick didn't start out vertical, by measuring (i.e. rotating) we have ``collapsed the wavefunction''. Before rotation the stick occupied several columns; and therefore had the possibility of being in several positions. After measuring there is only one position.

Importantly, note that by ``measuring the position'' of the popsicle stick, and by rotating it so it is vertical, the stick now occupies the maximum number of rows - it is now spread out across the maximum number of momenta. Ever time we ``collapse the wavefunction'' in regards to one aspect, we ``spread the wavefunction'' in regards to another aspect. Once the wavefunction is ``collapsed'', we can keep measuring the position again and again; we will always get the same result.

Now if we try to ``measure the momentum'' of the popsicle stick we will be rotating it so it is horizontal and occupying only one of the rows that it was spread out across before. Now we have again ``collapsed the wavefunction'' (in the momentum, or vertical axis, rather than the position, or horizontal axis, we previously did), and we know the momentum of the electron. But again, notice that now the popsicle stick stretches across the maximum number of columns; so we have many possible positions.

When you collapse a wavefunction, you put the electron in one out of several possible states (and the particular state it ends up in is random) - for one particular aspect (like position). The penalty for doing this is that the electron now occupies many possible states in the other, complementary, aspect (like momentum). Once a wavefunction has "collapsed" in one aspect it will stay like that until something else comes along and mucks with it.

This is basically a simple example of the Uncertainty Principle.

Some people believe that this is just a mathematical ``trick''; that objects are really ``push pins'', not ``popsicle sticks'', and that wavefunction collapse only appears to happen because we don't have all the details.

I believe that the wavefunction is real, and that the collapse actually happens.

7.Do you believe we will be ever able to time travel? And when I ask you that, same with teleport? ...In fact to continue...do you believe that man will be able to effect with his mind EM field one day same as is able to effect his body with mind. There are many interesting abilities that people describe. And some we tested. Yoga improves health. We can feel when someone stare at us even we dont see him, people can be like magnets...to nam few I could do it for hour.

I do not believe we will ever be able to travel back in time. (Obviously we always travel forward in time.)

I do not believe we will ever be able to teleport people in any practical setting, because I do not believe we could ever reconstruct something as complicated as a person without being at absolute zero in a complete vacuum (which would obviously kill the person).

I am sure that strong EM fields affect our minds, but the trick is using EM to do something specific. I think it is quite possible, but will take a lot of study (especially since every person is different) to do anything reliably.

11. Then why Jupiter doesnt blink and appear here then there? And why then electrons doesnt orbit around nucleous?

The possible complexity of a wavefunction depends on whether or not it can be reduced. We believe (based on particle physics experiments) that electrons are irreducible; that is they are fundamental particles.

In an atom, even a complex atom like, say, lead, there are a fairly small number of fundamental particles interacting in a very small region of space (i.e. Lead-204 has 82 electrons and 612 quarks all crammed within a volume of 2.25 x 10-29 m3.

Importantly, the lead atom itself almost never ``blinks'' or ``appears here or there''. The total cluster of 694 fundamental particles behaves rather like a ball. The individual electrons certainly exhibit a lot of quantum behaviour, but that is because they are fundamental particles - there is no way a single particle can ``disentangle'' from itself.

For a lead atom to ``blink'' or ``appear here or there'', all 694 fundamental particles would have to behave as one coherent and entangled entity. This can happen, but rarely does.

Jupiter, on the other hand, has a ridiculously large number of fundamental particles (probably over 1050) and, importantly, has an internal temperature of on the order of 1000 degrees or more. Temperature is an indication of the randomness of the composite particles (a single lead atom has a temperature close to absolute zero), and randomness is the exact opposite of coherent entanglement.

For Jupiter to ``blink'' all of these particles would have to behave as one coherent and entangled entity. It can happen, but the odds are astronomical - the odds of it happening once in ten billion years are close to zero. (And this is just for Jupiter to act as a single entanglement. Even if that does happen there is no guarantee it will ``move here and there'' by more than a nanometre. The odds of Jupiter becoming entangled and also manifesting that entanglement in a manner detectable from Earth are even more remote.)

Quantum weirdness has recently been shown for some large-ish molecules in perfect laboratory conditions (see here).

Do you believe in multiverse?

Not really. I have never heard a good argument for a Multiverse that didn't seem like an attempt of explaining the mysteries of nature by claiming that ``something different is happening somewhere else''.

Is there any argument against Big bounces theory? Maybe universe is breading.

I am not aware of any significant arguments against or for this theory.

What do you think is best mystery in physics? Or few.

Personally? Why gravitational mass is the same as inertial mass, and why the masses of fundamental particles do not seem to follow any simple distributions.

(Although I am sure there are those working in physics who might consider this to not be that mysterious.)

This is more like history. Name me yours top physicits in the history based on their contribution to science.

Man, I don't know. I think I would put Newton at the top of the list.

Einstein, Schrodinger, Planck, Heisenberg, Pauli, Dirac, Fermi, Feynman, and Bohr all belong on that list as well.

I like Bardeen, Slater, Born, Bohm, and Jarzynski because it seems like they are neglected sometimes.

Meissner, Maxwell, Faraday, Tesla (for his experimental work, he was pretty bad at theory), Lorentz, Gauss, Leibnitz, Schwarzschild, Eddington, Wheeler, Kohn, Sham, Thomas, Hartree, Fock...

I am not sure I can rank these folks though.

• Like 2

17) I'm not a physicist, but I posted a video a while back about Inflationary Theory and the Big Bang. The Big Bang is the logical reversal of the observation that the universe is expanding and cooling. The singularity is the boundary of what the theory itself can tell us when reversing our current observations about the universe, but this does not necessarily mean that it was the beginning of time, the universe, or anything and everything. If we want to describe pre-big bang conditions, we need another theory to do so. The video I posted was called "Inflationary Cosmology on Trial" and can be found on youtube.

• Like 1

Hi Sepul.

Sorry for late response. To tell you the truht I was busy and to respond on your post I often have to think about it a lot so often it took some time.

All infinities are same. That idea isnt mine. Its called Infinity problem and it was proposed by 9 century Thabit Arab Muslim scholar.

We start counting counting numbers 1,2,3,4,5....And in those counting numbers we have even numbers as another "line". 2,4,6...

So no matter how long did we count counting numbers 1,2,3,1000,1001.... when we pull even numbers from counting numbers we have half as many.

Galileo thought on Thabit problem was -its best to not thing at that problem at all.

Now lets just look even numbers...2,4,6...And lets start counting even numbers...2 is 1st even number,4 is 2nd even number and so on...

we get 2-1, 4-2, 8-3 ....They arent half as many. They go throw open door with holding hands.

Problem is ...that even numbers belong to counting numbers they left all odds and how can be exactly as many?

I read that low f.EM waves can effect our minds too.

Why would gravitational mass be different then inertial mass?

Thats interesting list of physicists. No Rutherford? Tesla was genious, I think he doesnt get credits as he should be. Its shame he didnt get Nobel.

Edited by the L

Hi Sepul.

Sorry for late response. To tell you the truht I was busy and to respond on your post I often have to think about it a lot so often it took some time.

All infinities are same. That idea isnt mine. Its called Infinity problem and it was proposed by 9 century Thabit Arab Muslim scholar.

We start counting counting numbers 1,2,3,4,5....And in those counting numbers we have even numbers as another "line". 2,4,6...

So no matter how long did we count counting numbers 1,2,3,1000,1001.... when we pull even numbers from counting numbers we have half as many.

Galileo thought on Thabit problem was -its best to not thing at that problem at all.

Now lets just look even numbers...2,4,6...And lets start counting even numbers...2 is 1st even number,4 is 2nd even number and so on...

we get 2-1, 4-2, 8-3 ....They arent half as many. They go throw open door with holding hands.

Problem is ...that even numbers belong to counting numbers they left all odds and how can be exactly as many?

I agree with that... but all sets of integers are countable, even infinite sets. Even rational numbers (fractions p/q where both p and q are integers) are countable.

The real numbers are not countable. You can not devise a scheme where an arbitrary real number is indexed to a known integer.

Why would gravitational mass be different then inertial mass?

Why wouldn't it? Electrical mass (i.e. ``charge'') is different than inertial mass. Of all the fundamental forces, gravity is the only one where the thing coupling to the force is the same as the resistance of the object to movement.

In other words, an object with a charge q and mass m in an electrical field E experiences a force of F = Eq; and has an acceleration a of F = ma = Eq so a = Eq/m.

An object with a mass m in a gravitational field G experiences a force of F = Gm; and has an acceleration a of F = ma = Gm so a = Gm/m = G.

Thats interesting list of physicists. No Rutherford? Tesla was genious, I think he doesnt get credits as he should be. Its shame he didnt get Nobel.

I would call Rutherford a chemist, but I guess he belongs on the list too. That is the problem with lists, I always forget things.

Thank you Sepul on your contribution. If you ever need my help about some topic II can be helpfull I will be glad that I can help.(History,Criminology,Psychology,Philosophy...)

And thanks goes for other in this thread too.

Edited by the L