Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO spotted over Denver

Anyone remember the "Rods" phenomenon? It was all the rage several years ago. Even had it's own TV documentary. The discoverer claimed that they moved at incredible speeds and that some were as large as football fields. Turns out that the phenomenon was simply a product of the video camera that they were recorded on. They were just flying insects.

I suspect that this will turn out to be much the same thing.

• Like 1

Anyone remember the "Rods" phenomenon? It was all the rage several years ago. Even had it's own TV documentary. The discoverer claimed that they moved at incredible speeds and that some were as large as football fields. Turns out that the phenomenon was simply a product of the video camera that they were recorded on. They were just flying insects.

I suspect that this will turn out to be much the same thing.

Post #106 http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237393&st=105#entry4536700

Obviously a fly. The giveaway was when a second fly, closer to the camera appears and is more blurred due to being closer to the lens. You gotta have a low IQ to believ this poop. Should be obvious that it's an insect after about 5 seconds to anyone who hasn't been lobotomised

• Like 2

This isn't far from my home. Thinking I'll have to go debunk this myself.

• Like 1

Agree with it being a bug, more specifically a fly. I feel same as most of you, when I first watched it I was thinking "How can anyone not see it is just a bug!". Lets hope someone debunks this soon.

Please do, just remember to focus the camera for a close shot, not a kilometre in the distance ;)

I want to be able to see the bugs smiling and flipping the bird!

Better hurry CP, winter is coming and bug activity will drop by some measure as a result.

If these were ships moving too fast to see, wouldn't we expect sonic booms and other atmospheric disturbances that would indicate they were there?

Bugs are an interesting option but I have yet to see a bug I couldn't see with my naked eye. Esepcially if these are bugs flying relativley close to the camera man. Bugs also don't appear to pull of twisting aerial manuevers like the video shows. Most bugs fly very mechanically and not fluid.

Bugs are an interesting option but I have yet to see a bug I couldn't see with my naked eye. Esepcially if these are bugs flying relativley close to the camera man. Bugs also don't appear to pull of twisting aerial manuevers like the video shows. Most bugs fly very mechanically and not fluid.

How would you know whether or not bugs passed your notice if... you didn't notice them? :hmm:

Also, you may want to talk to an entomologist regarding your opinions about the maneuvering capabilities of flying insects. You might learn something of value. :)

• Like 1

Most bugs fly very mechanically and not fluid.

Yes for anyone who hasn't been: In Australia our bugs have little airports. They follow tight schedules, taxi, take off and keep to strict flight plans and altitudes. Any bugs who act erratically are dealt with swiftly. Erratic behaviors include but are not limited to: Flying in spirals constantly, flying into windows, gathering in swarms, sudden changes in altitude, diverting from a flight plan to feast on a human and plummeting from the sky while engaging in coitus.

• Like 1

A bug was the first thing that came to mind. But when that plane expert came on and said that he couldn't identify it, I was like, "Wow this is definitely an extraterrestrial aircraft". Ha someone has to debunk this quick because like boonyarc said, "winter is coming and bug activity will drop by some measure as a result."

A bug was the first thing that came to mind. But when that plane expert came on and said that he couldn't identify it, I was like, "Wow this is definitely an extraterrestrial aircraft". Ha someone has to debunk this quick because like boonyarc said, "winter is coming and bug activity will drop by some measure as a result."

So..... UFO activity on videos taken in Colorado is directly proportional to how many insects are out and about??

Ergo.... INSECTS ARE ALIENS!!! RUN!!!

Edited by DieChecker

I'm going to head out possibly tomorrow or the next day to check this out. I'm going to bring a number of Camera's just to be thorough. What would everyone want me to do as far as tests etc. I know what I normally would do, but this is a community thing. It'd be really cool to be able to stream my investigation for everyone and have everyone chip in, in real time. I'm pretty sure the answer to this has been said here already, but I figure we should follow through and give this "incident" due course.

Let me know!

• Like 4

I'm going to head out possibly tomorrow or the next day to check this out. I'm going to bring a number of Camera's just to be thorough. What would everyone want me to do as far as tests etc. I know what I normally would do, but this is a community thing. It'd be really cool to be able to stream my investigation for everyone and have everyone chip in, in real time. I'm pretty sure the answer to this has been said here already, but I figure we should follow through and give this "incident" due course.

Let me know!

Go during daylight hours!

Could that be because the banal explanations do not really wash?

Well, it might if actual CNN reporters had given it time.

But in this case it's just an automatic feed into CNN's website. When one of their "affiliates" has a story that gets a certain number "hits" it's automatically linked to the CNN website. It's "brainless" reporting.

In more ways than one I'd say... :P

I'm still surprised that the still images that you posted showing a capsule shape, and mine a conical shape didn't convince you that it was something unexplainable.