Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO spotted over Denver

I'm still surprised that the still images that you posted showing a capsule shape, and mine a conical shape didn't convince you that it was something unexplainable.

Then I guess we're even because I'm still surprised that you didn't see capsule shaped insects in those videos I posted.

I'm going to head out possibly tomorrow or the next day to check this out. I'm going to bring a number of Camera's just to be thorough. What would everyone want me to do as far as tests etc. I know what I normally would do, but this is a community thing. It'd be really cool to be able to stream my investigation for everyone and have everyone chip in, in real time. I'm pretty sure the answer to this has been said here already, but I figure we should follow through and give this "incident" due course.

Let me know!

I don't suppose you have the kind of equipment used in footage like this?

It would be cool to have that side by side with normal video.

• Like 1

its even reached the news sites over here..

but I know what it is.. boon mate you were close with the spud gun..

Its Mythbusters.. they have down sized their chicken cannon..

made a bug thrower..

have to say.. loving the arguments from both sides :)

and for the record.. bug..

nice pics btw zoser.. looks beautiful over that way.. my sister and bro in law have just come back from a 6 week vaction from your side of the pond..

I have to agree with most people that the video shows bugs of some sort.

In fact at one point in the video they cut away from the shot as they film the object flying up the sky, and you see another object MUCH closer to the camera shooting downwards.

Its bugs, sorry.

What surpises me more than the 'expert' is the News Film Crew themselves. This is Denver, not some po-dunk town. Certainly in filming several stories outside a day, every day they would recognize these as bugs. Was it just the power of sugestion that they miss that here?

What surpises me more than the 'expert' is the News Film Crew themselves. This is Denver, not some po-dunk town. Certainly in filming several stories outside a day, every day they would recognize these as bugs. Was it just the power of sugestion that they miss that here?

Probably more likely the power of money and the desire to get a story out before doing any real investigation.

Said to be spotted every day between noon and 1p.m.

Its been video taped by private camera and news camera.

you would think that with the technology we have today, that someone could get a much clearer, zoomed in picture. Its not as if they do not know when it will appear........it seems that Johnny goes to lunch at 12 every day, and plays about with his gadgets before returning to his desk at Qwest communications.

You're assuming that the News People are any smarter then Joe At-Home. The Producers and On Air people are all most likely simply Journalism, or Acting majors who don't know a lick of real science. They don't know if someone is lying about these being UFOs. They just repeat what they are told to say.

• Like 1

Yeah that looks identical.

So obviously just filming insects, Fox news filmed them as well and the "aviation expert" is an idiot and fraud.

Case closed then.

You forgot the possibility that the falcon caught a tiny UFO with it's alien passengers on board. No one specified how big alien life or technology had to be right?

I'm just being sarcastic, the insect in the clip does look identical to whatever was in the original footage.

• Like 1

Not like it's much of a question anymore for most, but...

Denver UFOs Likely Insects, Says Cinematographer

Life's Little Mysteries asked the opinion of Larry Engel, the associate director of American University's Center for Environmental Filmmaking, who has filmed insects both intentionally and inadvertently during his decades of work on science and nature documentaries.

"I've spent a lot of time around bugs, whether for a film about mosquitoes, on the upper peninsula of Michigan filming bald eagles, or deep in Amazonian jungles. And they are indeed an issue when filming, especially with wide-angle cameras or small-format cameras, as each emphasizes or records objects, including dust and bugs, close to the lens," Engel wrote in an email, adding that he's resorted to applying bug repellant to a camera's sunshade or enlisting a fan-wielding assistant to prevent insects from crowding a shot.

The KDVR UFO segment uses stylized, dramatic editing that seems to discourage objective analysis, and Engel notes that, with only the information available, "determining factually what's going on is nearly impossible." Still, his best guess is bugs.

"I would suggest that these do look like insects, flitting about near the camera. But no one on the broadcast reports anything about insects in the field," he said.

Also of note from the article:

Luckily, there's a clear-cut way to scientifically test the bug hypothesis for anyone with enough interest to follow through, and Denver members of the social media site Reddit are already on it.

They say they plan to set two cameras a fair distance apart at the UFO-spotting site but pointed toward the same point on the horizon. If one camera records a flying object in its field of vision, but the other doesn't, it will be obvious that the object was close to the camera that recorded it.

If both cameras record an object darting around in the far distance and the citizen scientists document and report their findings thoroughly, the Denver UFO story will likely get more coverage.

• Like 2

So a Bug it is ! THat just Bug`s me ! :no:

Bugs are everywhere. Hopefully they'll eat bug instead of us

• Like 1

OK just went for a cycle ride to blow out the cobwebs; here are the other 3 originals; look carefully for the object. If anyone finds multiple objects per shot I will be interested,

*Snip!*

Heh, I thought I saw two objects in the second shot, only to touch my computer screen and find that it was a tiny part of yesterdays soup. DOH!

Film the Denver UFO with a high speed Phantom flex camera at say 5000 fps with a good optical lens for zooming and then we'll see wutda**** it really is.

Not like it's much of a question anymore for most, but...

Denver UFOs Likely Insects, Says Cinematographer

He's not a UFO skeptic by any chance is he Boon? And btw the bug theory is ridiculous (remember the capsule and the cone shape). Those images are only a few pages back.

Edited by zoser

He's not a UFO skeptic by any chance is he Boon?

I have no idea if he is or not. Why don't you contact him and ask him?

And btw the bug theory is ridiculous (remember the capsule and the cone shape). Those images are only a few pages back.

No, "the bug theory" isn't ridiculous at all, you just have no idea what bugs look like in footage like this (despite having been spoon fed several comparative examples...)

No, "the bug theory" isn't ridiculous at all, you just have no idea what bugs look like in footage like this (despite having been spoon fed several comparative examples...)

Then please show me the capsule and cone like images from these other cases if you wouldn't mind? Otherwise this case is not bugs it's something else.

Sorry to put a fly in the ointment :blush:

Edited by zoser

If it wasn't bugs, I would think with the attention given to this case, some would have followed up with a good close-up picture of what it was since it was originally claimed to be showing up over a period of several days.

Bugs.

Reminds me of another case in which golf course maintenance vehicles were grooming a fairway at night...lol

Luckily, there's a clear-cut way to scientifically test the bug hypothesis for anyone with enough interest to follow through, and Denver members of the social media site Reddit are already on it.

They say they plan to set two cameras a fair distance apart at the UFO-spotting site but pointed toward the same point on the horizon. If one camera records a flying object in its field of vision, but the other doesn't, it will be obvious that the object was close to the camera that recorded it.

If both cameras record an object darting around in the far distance and the citizen scientists document and report their findings thoroughly, the Denver UFO story will likely get more coverage.

That is an excellent plan. It will clearly show if these are bugs or not.

Three cameras would be even better as probably you could see the bug enter one field of view, and leave, while it is still in the 2nd cameras field of view, then leaves that camera, while still in the third cameras field of view. When you can see the bugs flying directly across the fields of the cameras then it will be obvious they are actually very close to the cameras.

The other idea, of setting two cameras far apart works just as well, but the True Believers will simply say that the UFOs were not showing up at that time, regardless of any bugs appearing on camera.

EDIT:

From the additional link (from the Reddit Link quoted above)....

http://www.reddit.co..._followup_post/

http://i.imgur.com/AZ4j6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LD6Df.jpg

Clearly bugs!!!

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Then please show me the capsule and cone like images from these other cases if you wouldn't mind? Otherwise this case is not bugs it's something else.

Sorry to put a fly in the ointment :blush:

Your cone and capsule are bugs. The appearance is due to the bugs movement being faster then the frame rate of the camera. This is very well known. Reference... rods.
  • Like 3

I hate to say "I told ya so" zoser... but... nah, I really don't hate it that much at all.

Are you going to acknowledge this one as being bugs now or no?

• Like 3

Here is an article of the above incident. Included are videos by the two independent cameras.

Mile High mystery: UFO sightings in sky over Denver

Source http://kdvr.com/2012...ky-over-denver/

The aviation expert couldnt identify it