Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fiscally Conservative

CommunitarianKevin

BOSTON -- From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

"Fiscally conservative," sighed one aide the next day.

http://firstread.nbc...mneyland#1109sf

lol that is what happens when you work for Mitt Romney.

Edited by HuttonEtAl

Scraping the bottom of the barrell for dirt on Romney?

These credit cards were set up for his campaign. The campaign is over and they were probably set up to run for exactly that lengh of time. If I was setting up a temporary credit card, for say a child of mine, while they are on vacation I would set them up to run for the length of the vacation. I don't see a problem there.

• Like 2

I agree.

Only a flighty little child would think there was anything wrong with this.

Harte

I guess the aides in question not having a clue that when the campagn was over they would be out of work kind of explains why they failed to get thier boy elected

Scraping the bottom of the barrell for dirt on Romney?

These credit cards were set up for his campaign. The campaign is over and they were probably set up to run for exactly that lengh of time. If I was setting up a temporary credit card, for say a child of mine, while they are on vacation I would set them up to run for the length of the vacation. I don't see a problem there.

So you'd leave them without a way to get home?

After all their work, you'd think the GOP could be gracious enough to at least get them home. I mean, it's not like they don't have the money. That's a few pennies to those guys. Or a 2 seconds off one worthless TV ad. It's tactless.

• Like 1

So you'd leave them without a way to get home?

After all their work, you'd think the GOP could be gracious enough to at least get them home. I mean, it's not like they don't have the money. That's a few pennies to those guys. Or a 2 seconds off one worthless TV ad. It's tactless.

I don't know about you, but I've never had a job where my transportation was my employer's problem...unless, of course, I couldn't get to work.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

I don't know about you, but I've never had a job where my transportation was my employer's problem...unless, of course, I couldn't get to work.

Guess you've never had to travel for work then. It's pretty standard for employer's to pay travel related expenses. Probably a big reason why they had the credit cards in the first place.

• Like 1

These weren't volunteers. I use my own money to go home from work. I'm not gonna whine about that.

Looks like Mitt can't win. I mean, first he's an extravagantly rich guy that sucks the money out of everything he touches and wastes his money on expensive tastes. Now he's a cheapskate and his aides should have a better life - such as taking free rides and shopping and eating on the campaign's budget.

Poor guys probably starved or moved into a cardboard box at some Orange Line station.

Harte

• Like 1

Guess you've never had to travel for work then. It's pretty standard for employer's to pay travel related expenses. Probably a big reason why they had the credit cards in the first place.

If there has been an established per diem on a trip out of town, sure. Not for gettin back and forth to work on a daily basis.

If there has been an established per diem on a trip out of town, sure. Not for gettin back and forth to work on a daily basis.

Yeah, I could see the Bostonians paying their own way home. But people going to the airport or train station not so much. When I traveled a lot I'd even eat one last meal before I left the airport just because I was still on their dime. Once I used the company cc to pay for parking I was back on my own.

Yeah, I could see the Bostonians paying their own way home. But people going to the airport or train station not so much.

I'm sorry...I must have missed where the article said people were stranded across the country, faaaar away from home. I assumed when they tried to catch a cab home that they were pretty close, since it didn't mention transients.

I'm sorry...I must have missed where the article said people were stranded across the country, faaaar away from home. I assumed when they tried to catch a cab home that they were pretty close, since it didn't mention transients.

It didn't say specifically, but I don't think they were all from Boston. Then again, who knows, maybe the ones mentioned were. I'm just glad it's all over. (for another 2.5 years)

• Like 1