Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NHL Hockey season lockout

Indiogene

Over a month of a standoff between the NHLPA (the players union) and the commissioners' board put away the NHL's 2012-13 season. I'm kinda frustrated not be able to cheer for the Anaheim Ducks, the rival team of the current Stanley cup champion L.A.Kings. I'm asking has anyone else a hockey fan on the UM boards and what the players should do to end the strike, when their well-paid careers lack an actual promise to protect them or there wouldn't be a lockout. :td:

But not to fret when minor ice hockey leagues like the AHL, ECHL and others are playing their games like scheduled and of the semi-pro level, the inline or roller hockey leagues (i.e. the Anaheim Bullfrogs dates back to the mid 1990s) plays regional teams in Southern Cal. I remember the RHI (Roller Hockey International) and semi-pro teams like the L.A. Blades, San Diego/Ontario Cal. Barracudas, and locally, Palm Desert Silvercats occassionally play the Bullfrogs.

Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• Indiogene

• notoverrated

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, IMO, not one player should get paid more than a doctor. Dictor's save lives. All the players do is chase a puck around on ice and want multi-million contracts. Same as actors, they are way over paid, but people still pay to go watch them....silly IMO

Well, IMO, not one player should get paid more than a doctor. Dictor's save lives. All the players do is chase a puck around on ice and want multi-million contracts. Same as actors, they are way over paid, but people still pay to go watch them....silly IMO

actors to me are different, these athletes but their body on the line and go throw a lot of physical demand and all for you to watch them (plus they don't get all that money they pay a lot of people) but actors get payed to pretend to be something which is a weird notion, think about it someone who gets payed more than a actual teacher for just pretending to be a teacher. and when your body is your main way of income you have a short period of time to make all the money you can before your are essentially "broken".

actors to me are different, these athletes but their body on the line and go throw a lot of physical demand and all for you to watch them (plus they don't get all that money they pay a lot of people) but actors get payed to pretend to be something which is a weird notion, think about it someone who gets payed more than a actual teacher for just pretending to be a teacher. and when your body is your main way of income you have a short period of time to make all the money you can before your are essentially "broken".

sure the athletes put their body on the line- but they know they could be injured. Maybe they think they deserve a higher pay, but not thr amounts that they demand.