Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World War Z - New Zombie flick

Hazzard

Walter, I haven't seen the movie yet. Will clicking the spoilers ruin the film for me?

They wouldn't have spoiled the film for me but then I'm not fussed by spoilers. I'm not sure about other people mind so I hid them just to make sure.

:)

Ok, thanks. Part of that was actually "spoiled" in the adverts I'd seen, so they didn't really affect me. Not sure when I'll see it (moving houses, ATM), but I'll see it sometime, I'm sure.

• 3 weeks later...

in 28 days later they were not zombies!!!

Maybe not in the traditional sense of being undead, but mindless killing machines they definitely were.

• 1 month later...

After seeing the movie, I most say this is the best Z movie I have ever seen in my life. Finally a good story, not the usual already seen survival story (seen one seen them all) . A UN agent goes around the world interviewing people. He dont try to avoid trouble, or sneek and hide as we see in 99% of all Z movie (from night of the living dead to dawn of the dead 2004) he go straight into the middle, he demands it. Wonderfull, this movie, is actually a revolution of this (un) dead genre. I really hope that a stream of movies comes out of this new way to see a Z apocalypse. Because frankly in tired of the to much used story of few strangers/friends who try to survive the apocalypse going to one safe place to another. Enough with the hiding. Lets get out and fight.

But the movie is not without flaws. There actually far to many in my opinion. And some scenes are utter useless. Beside, it has little in common of the book (no battle of Yonkers...come on guys) but to be fair a accurate cinematographic version of the book a TV-show or mini serie is obligatory. The movie is simply inadequate. The mistake the producers did was to use the same name of the book, and on this I agree. Inspired from the book would have been much better. How can you put in the film everything from the Chinese doctor to the battle of Yonkers to the south African plan, the great panic and the reconquista? You cant. Its impossible, even in a triology so a tv show or nothing.

If you read the book, forget all about it, watch the movie, enjoy for what it is. Because its spectacularly entertaining.

Edited by ~C.S.M~

I really liked it too.

And you should have seen Mrs Hazzard, she almost destroyed the theater we were in, with here kicking and screaming during some of the intense parts of the movie. :tu:

• Like 1

I'm not much of a zombie fan, but I found this really funny and sorta on topic of this thread.

And I'm gonna share it:

no-my-bike-walking-dead.jpg

I'd rather have a slow moving zombie than a quicker paced one. I mean surely even -I- can out run the former.

:clap: