Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our Ancestors, the Acoustical Engineers

Big Bad Voodoo

Because Im aware that stone tools were in use to time steel. Stone tools were in use a lot till iron appears.

Stone tools are cca 7 on Mohs scale so when Bronze and Iron fails ancient start use stone tools again. Bronze is 4 4,5 and Iron is 5. You there isnt much difference between Iron and Bronze.

On other hand microlite is usually 7. Same as steel. What do you think that ancient didnt aware of that?

Again, Mohs hardness is not a factor in carving stone.

Again, sandstone has the same Mohs hardness number as granite. Are you also incredulous that sandstone can be carved with copper?

Harte

Again, sandstone has the same Mohs hardness number as granite. Are you also incredulous that sandstone can be carved with copper?

Harte

It isnt. But indicates about hardness of metal itself.

Again Im aware of granite hardness.

Sandstone can be carved with bronze. Copper? Don know for sure.

Edit: I guess so.

Edited by the L

The L,

just to get back on topic, here we can find another interesting trace of sound engineering: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypogeum_of_%C4%A6al-Saflieni.

It is thought it has been carved bewteen 3.600 BC and 2.500 BC, so it's even older than those in South America.

The wiki page doesn't focus on acoustics very much, anyway It's an amazing place: there's a spot where, if you talk in it, your voice can be heard clearly in all the three levels of the Hypogeum. It's interesting to note that it works only with male voices.

The L,

just to get back on topic, here we can find another interesting trace of sound engineering: http://en.wikipedia....f_Ħal-Saflieni.

It is thought it has been carved bewteen 3.600 BC and 2.500 BC, so it's even older than those in South America.

The wiki page doesn't focus on acoustics very much, anyway It's an amazing place: there's a spot where, if you talk in it, your voice can be heard clearly in all the three levels of the Hypogeum. It's interesting to note that it works only with male voices.

Thanks Parsec on your contribution to UM in general. I like reading you.

I never heard about it before.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sad that there is so many topics and less time.

Did anyone here familiar with concept of cosmic gongs which puts man into harmony?

I heard expiriences were amazing with Peter Hess and his sound therapy. Anyone here tried Peter Hess therapy? As I heard his claimings are backed up with scientific researches.

It give people peace, strength and selfawareness.

We have flute from Slovenia which dates 43 000 BC. We know that Jerichon falls from trumpets. Tibetan vases which heal people.

Now we have Chavin and Malta sites. In Nepal, India, Tibet people is healed by sound vibration. In east there is even sound God as I remember.Their idea was that we become from cosmic sound-vibration. Now that somehow reminds me on Christhian: "In the beging there was a word." (Sound?)

We know that kids are happy when create sounds. They could drum for hours. We know that Shamans around world used drums for reaching different state of mind.

I remember reading how people who often sing live longer.

Interestingly Peter Hess took pictures of water while he played on Tibetan vases. Some of his pictures reminds on Tibetan chakras.

Schopenhauer used philosophy to create music. He saw music as only way to ecape.

Remeber reading somewhere how US Army developed Sonic weapon which changing frequencies can hit specific human organ and disable one.

We know that Indian people would tell you how Mantra has power. Because its vibration.

For example glass can break from sound because of vibration. I read that Mantra is in fact word. And when human pronounce word human create sound. And sound is nothing then vibration. We know how vibration can cause action in physical word.

Chavin could also notice the same as India people or Peter Hess who in fact proove (not him but scientists around him) that sound/vibrations has benefactory effect on our bodies.

Edit: DNK also plays music.

Edited by the L

I love how the skeptics say that the pyramid blocks were cut with copper, yet they have never actually replicated the Great Pyramid with such tools.

This was a laughable attempt, they even called in modern technology to complete it, cause it was getting too hard for the dimwits, and some of the blocks at Giza are vastly heavier.

LOL.

0.jpg

• 1 month later...

Harte

Just a point to remember - Granite does not have a Mohs Scale figure necause it is composed of several Minerals, it is a ROCK NOT a

Mineral. Each of these constituent minerals has an individual Mohs Scale figure. The same, is of course, correct for Sandstone which is a Rock and NOT a mineral. So any discussion about their relative hardness is moot - because no such determination exists. FYI Only.

I love how the skeptics say that the pyramid blocks were cut with copper, yet they have never actually replicated the Great Pyramid with such tools.

This was a laughable attempt, they even called in modern technology to complete it, cause it was getting too hard for the dimwits, and some of the blocks at Giza are vastly heavier.

LOL.

0.jpg

I think the real question is why even try to replicate such a feat?? What is there to learn from such an attempt. Given the same resources and the 20 year build time I am sure that a new Great Pyramid could have been built with ancient technology. With sufficient money then I am sure that modern technology could precisely repeat this task in a year, but the question still remains: Why would you even bother??

Just a point to remember - Granite does not have a Mohs Scale figure necause it is composed of several Minerals, it is a ROCK NOT a

Mineral. Each of these constituent minerals has an individual Mohs Scale figure. The same, is of course, correct for Sandstone which is a Rock and NOT a mineral. So any discussion about their relative hardness is moot - because no such determination exists. FYI Only.

Thanks Keithisco. That was mistyped. I should have said limestone. Granite is harder than both (most minerals in granite, that is, as you pointed out.)

I realize the difference between a rock and a mineral. Obviously, the matrix between the grains of sand in sandstone is not as hard as a sand grain.

But Moh's scale readings are still given by various geology/minerology websites. What you are saying is what I've been saying - Moh has nothing to do with carving stone.

Harte

• Like 1

Three decades ago astronomers realised that the Sun vibrates like a giant musical instrument with well-defined notes or frequencies....

Distant star makes music

http://news.bbc.co.u...ure/1994038.stm

So could it be that Sun was player and we audience? They only needed magnifier.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-12507032

Like a musical instrument, the lower the pitch, the bigger the star. That means that the sounds are thousands of times lower than we can hear

take a look on you tube.. you will find the music of the sun and the planets on there.. its rather relaxing to listen to..