Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's most expensive cheese

Still Waters

We've already seen a burger priced at $5,000 on the menu at a gourmet restaurant in Las Vegas, and a $1,000 caviar-coated omelette on offer at a plush New York hotel.

Now food-lovers with expensive tastes - and deep pockets - can pick up what is thought to be the world's priciest cheese on a donkey farm in Serbia.

Produced in Zasavica - one of Serbia's most famous natural reserves - the cheese, known as pule, is made from donkeys' milk and costs a whopping £800 per kilogram.

http://www.dailymail...-800-wedge.html

You can... milk... donkeys? I suppose you can milk anything with mammary glands. Or something like that. e_e

• Like 1

You can... milk... donkeys? I suppose you can milk anything with mammary glands. Or something like that. e_e

Apparently breast milk have also been made into cheese and ice cream.

Human breast milk? ice-cream and cheese?

Is it for children or weirdos?

Human breast milk? ice-cream and cheese?

Is it for children or weirdos?

Maybe for people who think we should be drinking the milk of our own species instead of another?

If I had this kind of money to spend on cheese, I wouldn't be spending it on cheese.

....where has Mule gone to ....? We can make some UM cheese,and sell it for the same ...

Apparently breast milk have also been made into cheese and ice cream.

One of my former colleagues wanted to mix her breast milk into lasagne for a christening dinner but eventually decided against it.

Edited by schizoidwoman

i have heard you can not make cheese out of breast milk as it does not contain enough fat.

As for the donkey cheese, well, I would rather buy my own donkey at half the price and make my own cheese.....business will be up and running once i get a donkey and you can all buy my cheese at a special rate of 250GBP or $300.

ps: cash only

thankyou.

eeeaww.

One of my former colleagues wanted to mix her breast milk into lasagne for a christening dinner but eventually decided against it.

what did she decide against? the christening, the dinner or the lasagne?

what did she decide against? the christening, the dinner or the lasagne?

The breast-milk lasagne. The christening and the dinner both went ahead without incident.

i have heard you can not make cheese out of breast milk as it does not contain enough fat.

Someone is selling it

http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-freaky/trendy-new-york-bistro-offers-breast-milk-cheese/story-e6frflri-1225838899880

We've already seen a burger priced at $5,000 on the menu at a gourmet restaurant in Las Vegas, and a $1,000 caviar-coated omelette on offer at a plush New York hotel.

Now food-lovers with expensive tastes - and deep pockets - can pick up what is thought to be the world's priciest cheese on a donkey farm in Serbia.

Produced in Zasavica - one of Serbia's most famous natural reserves - the cheese, known as pule, is made from donkeys' milk and costs a whopping £800 per kilogram.

http://www.dailymail...-800-wedge.html

Jesus! Such exorbitant prices!

I believe that it is a sin to buy such a too expensive food even if you are wealthy enough to buy it. For by buying it you support all those who profit from making such exorbitant products.

I know, a too cheap and too low-quality food is an ungood thing, of course. But fair food for fair money should be the proper solution.

If all the rich men would only be buying fair food that is fully sufficient for good living, and half of the money that they would spent for the too expensive food they would gave away for beggars and homeless persons, they would do good thing and they would be even richer than before.

However, the support of other rich men who are making all the too exorbitant products is a part of the game played by the rich. By breaking its rules perhaps one would not be that rich like before even if he or she was not buying any too expensive products. But it is only valid for some.

• Like 1

No offense to that woman, but that just seems weird and disgusting.

Oooo, so they can.

It was on a t.v programme where the lady said you could not as the fat content was not enough, so maybe the ingredients to make it consist of fat additives...I don`t know, but obviously people are making it, apart from thinking the cows must be somewhat relieved, I will not be trying it if it contains lots of added ingredients to make it thicker cos it was not right in the first place.

But hey, people will try anything if they know someone out there will buy it, I am thinking of something myself which I know people will flock to buy because its unusual, but I have yet to get the fish to glow in the frying pan without dying in the process.