Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marriage

spud the mackem

Marriage is a contract between 2 people stating that they will stay together (for better or worse),but it seems that when things don't go according to plan (for worse) people can't handle it and part. Is this caused by the stress of modern day living ?. A Headmaster I know told me that 57% of children at his school are single parent families , and its worse in other schools.Has Marriage gone down the pan,or do people decide not to bother and just partner up, then when it comes to the crunch no divorce is necessary.Its tough on the kids who are left without a mom or dad.

We live much longer than we did even just a century ago.

Today, men do not reasonably expect to lose at least one wife in childbirth.

Women can support themselves and working outside the home is not taboo.

Therefore, longer life expectancy, the ability of women to support themselves, has led to a change in the way our culture feels about marriage. "Until death do us part" can mean as many as 80 years now, when it used to mean probably more like 7-10.

Not to mention that extramarital affairs are more unacceptable today than they ever have been before. In various times, you stayed married for life, but people looked the other way, and most men of means had a kept woman on the other side of town.

I'm not at all cynical about marriage, which I probably should be considering my experiences with it! My parents split up when I was 11 and I have been married twice (age 22, and 32). I'm in the process of divorcing my second husband at the moment, it should be through by xmas. Now I have met my soulmate in Marty I wouldn't even consider not being married to him, it will happen some time next year! I've had some bad luck in the past - first husband was a closet gay who cheated on me, and second husband was a violent con man. Once you meet the right person you know, I know now....but I admit I was naive in the past and was taken for a ride. Marty's for keeps though, not one shadow of doubt!

love0060.gif

I think its awesome that you've remained positive and open to love after going through what you did with your first two husbands. I envy you for being able to move past that and love and trust again, I really do. Your amazing Bling and I wish you the best!

• Like 1

I've been divorced for about 8 yrs now and I don't think I'll ever get married again. I don't want to grow old alone but I don't want to get married.

I'll take the diamond though, just not everything else that goes along with it haha

Me too, this month I'll be divorced for 9 years, but I do not see myself getting married again-I just do not want to go through that all again..Too much pain..! But never say never..

• Like 1

I think its awesome that you've remained positive and open to love after going through what you did with your first two husbands. I envy you for being able to move past that and love and trust again, I really do. Your amazing Bling and I wish you the best!

Thank you sweetie! xx

Me too, this month I'll be divorced for 9 years, but I do not see myself getting married again-I just do not want to go through that all again..Too much pain..! But never say never..

Same hell, Different Devil.