Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US guns sales soar after Obama's re-election

Still Waters

Guess that means your party thinks of American citizens as fools the way they try to separate every dollar they can from everybody they can. At least buying a gun is a choice.

• Like 1

I want a gun. I want to protect my family from an exteremly rabid government.

How exactly is having a gun going to do that?

• Like 1

How exactly is having a gun going to do that?

His reasons may differ but I think it has more to do with peace of mind than actually believing a rabid government vs your Smith & Wesson is going to go your way these days but it is our right and until that right is taken away you don't really have to have an explanation.

The peace of mind is psychological and a point of pride. It could give you and your family a sense of security which is important to the human psyche even if petty and if people are coming to get you and family, no matter the scenario but let's assume not friendly, what better legal means are there to at least attempt to protect yourself? A gun is your only chance even if you still stand no chance. It's either that or you submit.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 1

I like ya Clyde and for what its worth I don`t think you will ever have to use your guns on people or a government. Right now the US is going through a flight or fight thing. This crap will sort itself out and then there will be a time to take charge. Obama is doing that for you or at least giving you a chance. He`s taxing those that control him. The wealthy need to pay there fair share and stop acting as they are better then everyone.

The tax on the wealthy or super wealthy is saving them from gun owners that will go after them first. When times become desperate the poor will not only go after the poor. The wealthy will be targets first. Better to pay a bit more vs paying for private protection. If the rich don`t think they need to pay then they better expect to pay in a much more dramatic way.

Another civil war between classes

Thanks dude. You seem like a very level-headed person. I personally don't want to see taxes raised on anyone until every loophole and spending cut that can possibly be made is made. Make tax increases the final thing. Because then, everyone can be assured that every loophole and spending cut has been made. Just make it an equal playing field is all. No special treatments ( rich or poor ).

And I don't really worry about the government coming after guns. My concern is mainly for protection against criminal and thugs. There is a real possibility of this 16+ Trillion Dollar debt getting much worse and crashing the dollar. Then comes chaos, rioting, and then the possibility of people with bad intentions making their way to where I live.

• Like 1

I wish a could buy one, but Canadians are only allowed sticks and stones

You can get one...

I want a gun. I want to protect my family from an exteremly rabid government.

You have the unalienable right to do so.

Where's this extremely rabid government? Instead of getting a gun, try to move to the US. We don't have one of those "extremely rabid governments" like you do wherever you live.

• Like 1

His reasons may differ but I think it has more to do with peace of mind than actually believing a rabid government vs your Smith & Wesson is going to go your way these days but it is our right and until that right is taken away you don't really have to have an explanation.

The peace of mind is psychological and a point of pride. It could give you and your family a sense of security which is important to the human psyche even if petty and if people are coming to get you and family, no matter the scenario but let's assume not friendly, what better legal means are there to at least attempt to protect yourself? A gun is your only chance even if you still stand no chance. It's either that or you submit.

IF a gun gives you "peace of mind", you have bigger problems.

And what would you prefer in the event of unfriendly intruders coming to harm your family? Water balloons? Kind words? Peace signs?

• Like 1

And what would you prefer in the event of unfriendly intruders coming to harm your family? Water balloons? Kind words? Peace signs?

in the monumentally remote chance of that, I'd call the police.

in the monumentally remote chance of that, I'd call the police.

Dude, my scenario was obviously circumstantial. The police aren't an option. It's an emergency situation likely in a societal breakdown where your on your own.

• Like 1

For the record, we own guns because target shooting is an activity that my husband and I enjoy doing together. Loser cooks dinner. Husband is a bow hunter. Carries guns for safety. Both of us have our CC, not so we can "protect ourselves from da gummit". We have them for a simple reason. IF we are carrying a gun and IF we do something that conceals it, we want to be within the law.

Both of us believe in gun control and that we should enforce the laws on the books. Heck, it took more "class time" to become a kids soccer coach than it did for us to get our CC's.

Nibs

• Like 1

Mostly large men. I'm working on getting my concealed carry so I can carry a wee little pistol in my purse.

Mostly large men. I'm working on getting my concealed carry so I can carry a wee little pistol in my purse.

You'll be taught that carrying in your purse is not the best idea.

Nibs

You'll be taught that carrying in your purse is not the best idea.

Nibs

I thought that would be the case, lol, but popular perception has warped my common sense. No one really thinks (especially me, usually never) about how much a purse gets jostled around. What is the best way to conceal carry? I'm guessing some kind of holster.

For the record, we own guns because target shooting is an activity that my husband and I enjoy doing together. Loser cooks dinner. Husband is a bow hunter. Carries guns for safety. Both of us have our CC, not so we can "protect ourselves from da gummit". We have them for a simple reason. IF we are carrying a gun and IF we do something that conceals it, we want to be within the law.

Both of us believe in gun control and that we should enforce the laws on the books. Heck, it took more "class time" to become a kids soccer coach than it did for us to get our CC's.

Nibs

Try living in NY, getting a CC is like jumping through hoops.Tons of paper work and fee's. Cops stoping by for a home visit. Then you have to go before a judge and explain to them why you want it, what you are going to use it for ect ect. And he can denie you without having to explain himself at all. Thats of course if you can find 5 refrences with CC's themselfs. And it cant be a cop, or a family member.

I thought that would be the case, lol, but popular perception has warped my common sense. No one really thinks (especially me, usually never) about how much a purse gets jostled around. What is the best way to conceal carry? I'm guessing some kind of holster.

Yup, a holster. A holster that you are comfortable with, that is secure and that you have practiced with A LOT. Not only is access difficult with a purse, it's usually the first thing stolen (then the bad guy is armed), it's also left all over the place and others can have easy access to it.

Nibs

Try living in NY, getting a CC is like jumping through hoops.Tons of paper work and fee's. Cops stoping by for a home visit. Then you have to go before a judge and explain to them why you want it, what you are going to use it for ect ect. And he can denie you without having to explain himself at all. Thats of course if you can find 5 refrences with CC's themselfs. And it cant be a cop, or a family member.

Colorado does't even have registration.

Nibs

Just a note, if you are carrying concealed for self protection you really need to be sure that you can USE a weapon in self defense. Hesitation will get you killed, premature behavior can get innocent people killed. In the state of Colorado we are taught that it is illegal to shoot some one in the leg or arm "to slow them down". If you use a weapon in self defense, you shoot to kill.

Not everyone is ready for this or should be allowed to carry concealed. I have issue with how easy it is in my state to get your CC permit.

Nibs

• Like 2

In the state of Colorado we are taught that it is illegal to shoot some one in the leg or arm "to slow them down". If you use a weapon in self defense, you shoot to kill.

Nibs

You surely must be joking?

You surely must be joking?

Nope. That is what I was taught. Husband as well.

Nibs

ETA - had to go look up my notes

Shooting to wound implies that your life isn't in imminent danger.

Edited by HerNibs
  • Like 1

I was just talking with my wife about this last night. Once in awhile I have to go outta town for work. When I do, I have my 3006 ready for her, just in case. She asked me if God forbid she ever had to shoot someone, should she just try to shoot them in the leg. I told her to aim for the chest, and not to worry wether or not they lived. To much chance that she will miss her shot if going for the leg.

• Like 1

Thats how it should be

We've listed ours with the Sheriff's department, our homeowners insurance and our lawyer has a list w/serial numbers.

I think we should register our weapons.

Nibs

• Like 1