Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas' New Senator Is Absolutely Terrified

EllJay

In Ryan Lizza's story in this week's The New Yorker, Texas' newly-elected Republican Senator Ted Cruz worries about the changing electoral landscape — and how it could get even less favorable for the GOP in coming years. Cruz provides what must be a truly terrifying thought for the Republican Party:

“In not too many years, Texas could switch from being all Republican to all Democrat,” he said. “If that happens, no Republican will ever again win the White House. New York and California are for the foreseeable future unalterably Democrat. If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won’t be talking about Ohio, we won’t be talking about Florida or Virginia, because it won’t matter. If Texas is bright blue, you can’t get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist. We would become like the Whig Party. Our kids and grandkids would study how this used to be a national political party. ‘They had Conventions, they nominated Presidential candidates. They don’t exist anymore.’”

Sit down and wait for the charm offensive from the GOP against every Latino's in the next few years.

It will be awkward, looking disingenuous, reek of hypocrisy and stink like a wet dog in an outhouse, but it will come, so you all better hold your noses while the GOP bends over and let this happen.

I would like to introduce you all to George Prescott Garcia Bush, granson of President George Herbert Walker Bush and nephew of President George Walker Bush.

xgeorge-p-bush-photo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.587OJ3IWOd.jpg

His mother is a native of Mexico giving him dual US/Mexico citizenship. I have no doubt that one day he will run as the rebublican presidential candidate and will win the latino vote the way Obama has won the black vote.

All hail King George the 3rd president and el Presidente of the united North America!

• Like 1

I will never, ever, under any circumstances, vote for another Bush or Clinton. Or carter or reagan. EVER.

• Like 2

I wouldn't vote for anyone that had dual citizenship. Who are they loyal to?

At one time most of the Southern states were blue, now they're red, so if they swing back to blue, I wouldn't expect them to stay that way. I'm not sure why the Republicans became a majority, maybe because of the Christian coalition?

I would like to introduce you all to George Prescott Garcia Bush, granson of President George Herbert Walker Bush and nephew of President George Walker Bush.

xgeorge-p-bush-photo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.587OJ3IWOd.jpg

His mother is a native of Mexico giving him dual US/Mexico citizenship. I have no doubt that one day he will run as the rebublican presidential candidate and will win the latino vote the way Obama has won the black vote.

All hail King George the 3rd president and el Presidente of the united North America!

YUMMY!!! Wow he came out of Bush genes?

That photo of grandson Bush: he looks like a sneaky b*****d to me.

He has dual citizenship because Mexican law states that the child of any Mexican citizen is automatically a Mexican citizen. btw. he is the son of Jeb Bush, former Florida govenor. And maybe you wouldn't vote for him because of dual citizenship but hardcore republicans will vote for whoever the republican party is running and then many latino's, unfortunately, I'm sure would vote based on his race. Seems like a logical candidate, and an inteligent hardworking individual, look him up on wikipedia.

Given he's a Bush, then I'd say he's loyal to the family, himself and whoever pays the most.

So basically like every other politician, except with a stronger link to the family.

Does George PEEGEE Bush, sound as bad as George DUBYA Bush, I feel sorry for the fella already.

How come two party politics always makes me think of back country family feuds?

I'm a McCoy man, and them Hatfields are getting us all stirred up!

At one time most of the Southern states were blue, now they're red, so if they swing back to blue, I wouldn't expect them to stay that way. I'm not sure why the Republicans became a majority, maybe because of the Christian coalition?

You guys down there should start the 'Purple Party' (left of center Repubs align with the right of center Dems). Would probably win every election.Just a thought.