Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

France can deport Muslim cleric

Talon

France can deport Muslim cleric

France's highest administrative court has ruled a deportation order against a Muslim preacher who defended the beating of unfaithful wives is legal.

The government expelled Abdelkader Bouziane, an imam from Lyon, in April - accusing him of inciting violence.

But the order was later suspended by a court in Lyon, prompting Mr Bouziane to return from Algeria.

After Monday's ruling France's interior ministry said it was taking "all necessary measures" to expel him.

Mr Bouziane's lawyer said the cleric was "very disappointed" by the Council of State's decision annulling the suspension.

The lawyer said his client was "at home in Lyon", but added that he was "ready to present himself to police" to be deported.

The row over Mr Bouziane began when the 52-year-old Algerian-born preacher gave a magazine interview in which he endorsed wife-beating, declared he was polygamous, and expressed the wish that "the entire world become Muslim".

The remarks caused an outcry in France, with many Muslim lawyers condemning them as un-Islamic.

Mr Bouziane is the first imam to be deported by France for voicing fundamentalist views.

Several other imams have been expelled - but mainly because they were preaching jihad, or holy war, against the West.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/worl...ope/3714418.stm

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• zephyr

• Fluffybunny

• Talon

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to see that they are kicking people out that are trouble makers; I hope we do the same here in the US more often.

Good. thumbsup.gif

France's highest administrative court has ruled a deportation order against a Muslim preacher who defended the beating of unfaithful wives is legal.

Sorry hon, but you aren't in an Islamic state anymore. rolleyes.gif

God not only does he need to be deported but taught a serious lesson on how to treat women! Personally I believe he should just be chucked in jail, he assaulted his wife and should be severly punished for it!

I agree! He should be taught the following lessons:

- First thing you do after finding your wife in bed with her lover is to go and get very drunk rolleyes.gif

- Then, if you manage to control your temper and not gun them down before dawn, you go first thing in the morning to a court and file for a divorce rolleyes.gif

- Don't worry too much about ruining a whole family and the future of the children cool.gif what counts is to behave in a way that makes the French happy whistling2.gif if you haven't learnt that by now, you deserve being sent back to your primitive wherever it is that you are from tongue.gif

- of course one simpler way is to do like everyone else in the West; and that is you can beat up your wife, especially while you are drunk, but don't talk about it publicly stupid:devil: You just haven't learnt how to behave in a civilized world yet, have you disgust.gif

Zephyr, I don't seem to be able to figure out exactly where you're coming from. Could you clarify for my simple mind? huh.gif

lol I *think* I know what he's saying... it's kind of tongue-in-cheek...

first he's saying to the cleric, instead of beating your wife, why don't you think about getting drunk like men stereotypically do

then, seeing as the cleric believes in beating his wife, if he hasn't done that it's probably a good idea to just go file for a divorce... instead of the beating...

Next, do what the French law says if you want to live in their country, even if you think it'll destroy your family, live in a country, obey it's laws. With a little dig at the French.

Last, is a dig at America and it's famous people/politicans/and regular dads that have for years abused their family, but didn't talk about it, and was seen for a time as socially acceptable, as long as nobody talked about it. So tongue-in-cheek, he doesn't know how to be "civilized" western style, which with the digs is showing that no society is perfect either.

I think that's what he's saying? Well, that's my interpretation of it at least, not saying I agree or disagree, just translating. I may have just stepped in it... oh well.

Thanks Celumnaz, I just woke up and my brain is a little fuzzy at the moment. laugh.gif